InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:59 am

Just had a 2-night stay there @70k pts/night and still think it is worth it.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Just had a 2-night stay there @70k pts/night and still think it is worth it.
Did you get any recognition using points?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by strickers
I'm not the one to whom the question was posed, but in my prior visits, the recognition when using points is minimal. They did thank me for being a Spire Ambassador (I'm not an RA), but that was about it. No memorable special treatment or freebies, certainly no club access of course, and no room upgrade. Still, as a recent poster said, I think it's worth a stay on points if you'll be in Vietnam. My family loves it -- we're going next April for 4 nights for 210k points. There's really not much to do on the island or, in my view, in Danang generally. We'll probably go to Hoi An for a day, which we love, and just relax the other 2 full days. We're more on the go in Saigon and Hanoi, and it's nice to have a relaxing, slow portion of the vacation too. While it's an amazing resort physically, I find the food subpar and the area dull, so just know what you're getting into. Bottom line for me is that I wouldn't travel to Vietnam to come to the IC, but if I were in Vietnam and wanted a relaxing break as part of bigger itinerary, and had a ton of IHG points, I think it's well worth it. FWIW, I'm a cheapskate and willing to spend 210k points for 4 nights, but probably wouldn't pay $2,000+ for the same trip. But that's just me.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by rbw5t
. There's really not much to do on the island.
For those that are just 'tuning in', it's not on an island, it's on a peninsula (the clue is in the hotel name)
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by tangey
For those that are just 'tuning in', it's not on an island, it's on a peninsula (the clue is in the hotel name)
Yes, thats right of course, my mistake. It does feel like an island the way you come in over what feels like a long bridge. And the point stands that youre fairly secluded without much to do. Not necessarily a bad thing, but something to be aware of.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Does the resort offer club supplement and how much is it per night?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by strickers
We are only Platinum due to Chase credit card. We got upgraded to the next room category (Son Tra?).

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Does the resort offer club supplement and how much is it per night?
I was quoted ~$150 per night but did not take it.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
$150 is pretty good for this place, usually they'll ask for more. YMMV.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:52 pm

How are the views from the room? I've seen pictures but was wondering what pictures and views you guys might have. I am using my Chase IHG select cc unrestricted free time for one night in march 2020 where I want to propose to my gf. I was wondering if anyone can give me a better idea of the best views in the hotel or area? Looks like the free night is in the classic ocean view room.

Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:16 am

This hotel was in the list of IHG luxury&lifestyle program. which means you can get BF for two daily at the hotel restaurant, $100 per stay and so on.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by OrientExpress
We are considering to book Intercon Da Nang for our holiday in August. Wondering with Ambassador membership, when we book standard room, what upgrade that we would get.
This hotel was in the list of IHG luxury&lifestyle program. which means you can get BF for two daily at the hotel restaurant, $100 per stay and so on.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:59 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Thinking of staying here but the thought of paying $500 per night for room only doesn't make sense when I can stay elsehwere (maybe not as good, but for a fifth of that rate). Does anyone know of any other better value ways of staying here, happy to book with any OTA.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
What would peoples thoughts be for an upgrade price from KING RESORT CLASSIC OCEAN VIEW to KING CLUB TERRACE SUITE OCEAN VIEW?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by rbw5t
I'm not the one to whom the question was posed, but in my prior visits, the recognition when using points is minimal. They did thank me for being a Spire Ambassador (I'm not an RA), but that was about it. No memorable special treatment or freebies, certainly no club access of course, and no room upgrade. Still, as a recent poster said, I think it's worth a stay on points if you'll be in Vietnam. My family loves it -- we're going next April for 4 nights for 210k points. There's really not much to do on the island or, in my view, in Danang generally. We'll probably go to Hoi An for a day, which we love, and just relax the other 2 full days. We're more on the go in Saigon and Hanoi, and it's nice to have a relaxing, slow portion of the vacation too. While it's an amazing resort physically, I find the food subpar and the area dull, so just know what you're getting into. Bottom line for me is that I wouldn't travel to Vietnam to come to the IC, but if I were in Vietnam and wanted a relaxing break as part of bigger itinerary, and had a ton of IHG points, I think it's well worth it. FWIW, I'm a cheapskate and willing to spend 210k points for 4 nights, but probably wouldn't pay $2,000+ for the same trip. But that's just me.
I stayed at the hotel on points, and had basically no recognition as a platinum ambassador. My wife actually spoke to the concierge about this, and she wondered why we cared as we were staying for free. my wife had to explain that points do not come for free!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by demue
$150 is pretty good for this place, usually they'll ask for more. YMMV.
I was quoted $250.

I think $150 is worth it, assuming $75 per person. Thst $75 gets you

- excellent breakfast
- afternoon tea
- evening cocktails and food
- Soft drinks by the beach
- Beer and soft drinks from the minibar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.