InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort [Master Thread]

Old Dec 30, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by strayersong
If you booked any stay during the recent 16,000-point flash sale, or have any cheap reward stay booked with them, beware that your reservation may have just got cancelled. They didn't send any communication and I didn't receive a cancellation email. I have filed a complaint with IHG to see what they say.
I got the following email from the today:Thank you for choosing InterContinental Da Nang Sun Peninsula Resort as your preferred destination, the place where Myth meets Luxury.

First of all, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience happened recently. The specific room type for reward night redemption was really fully booked during the specified time frame, but for some reason the reservation was still accepted from our system. As a result, we are so sorry to notice that your reservation booked under reward night would be canceled and the points will be returned to your account as soonest.

Thank you and much appreciated for your understanding.

Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me via this address or [email protected]
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
That's pretty crazy?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Just received a reinstatement Email. Who knows what theyre doing. Hopefully the special rate sticks
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP HH DIAMOND IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G)
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Having stayed here yesterday our stay was as such:
Reward stay as Diamond Ambassador with CLUB lounge access

1. welcome was a bit lousy - the team didnt pick up my email for pre-arrival and didn't reach out either ahead of stay
2. we did show pre-arrival upgrade to king suite club level.
3. on arrival the team was a bit unprepared. they didn't know we stayed before, they didnt know about the club access through mobile app showing them so. they didnt know (or rather didnt proactively inform) about ambassador benefits

actual stay:
1. afternoon tea --> nice scones but lousy 3 sandwiches and nothing too interesting! not worth the time and effort to go to club lounge
2. evening canapes --> cocktails were nicer but small selection. the food was limited to one serving of tiny cold+hot bites (think half a spring roll, half a nem, tiny salmon wrap, 2 small cakes) --> nothing to be excited about tbh. the nicest part was the view/sunset from club lounge.
3. dinner at citron. we found the food very average. crab fried rice was not very nice. the pork belly in clay pot was ok but i had this dish many times and done better. the chicked shredded salad was very nice --> overall 5-6 out of 10
4. breakfast was exceptionally WELL DONE. A la carte in club + buffet in citron. great quality of dishes and variety of drinks + really nice bibimbap, banh cuon, pho, bun bo hue, etc...
5. room was lovely, bedding comfy, amenities still in small harnn bottles :-)

other observation:
1 - huge renovations in many places still ongoing (suggested until Dec)
2 - staff very happy and obliging, trying their best
3 - all IHG benefits provided, albeit not proactively and staff should be more trained/pro-active on these
is that just the normal club offering these days or has the experience been downgraded due to lounge access through 40 nights rather than an actual club booking. There used to be a self service area in the middle if I record correctly. It used to be great pre covid?

Also, did you get any special benefit such as at the beach or in the long bar (You could have your drinks in the long bar pre covid if I recall correctly) . I believe an area of the beach was also exclusive for club but the beach is mostly empty anyways

Thanks
Old Jan 1, 2023, 12:57 am

Maybe theyre making up for that recent reward night sale but points/night went from 78k to 98k while cash prices stayed the same!
Old Jan 8, 2023, 11:17 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by strayersong
If you booked any stay during the recent 16,000-point flash sale, or have any cheap reward stay booked with them, beware that your reservation may have just got cancelled. They didn't send any communication and I didn't receive a cancellation email. I have filed a complaint with IHG to see what they say.

Finally able to get things all reinstated and seeing them in my ihg account. Hopefully will not have to go through the same thing with IC Bora Bora.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Still waiting for reinstatement. For those who got it, was the original # of points correctly deducted (esp if it was during a flash sale)?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
New club lounge under Citron will be opening next week, and the current lounge will be used as additional space for Citron and may eventually be converted to another restaurant. It’s much larger, has brighter decor and a variety of spaces. It will have its own kitchen but downside is less access to Citron.

If anyone is here when it opens, please share some photos!
Old Jan 23, 2023, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
Still waiting for reinstatement. For those who got it, was the original # of points correctly deducted (esp if it was during a flash sale)?
Everyone I know who got in on the 16k flash sale has now had them reinstated at that rate. Youll get an email and see it in the app.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 12:09 pm

The hotel calendar doesn't show any points booking until Jan 2024, so weird.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by VVN5
The hotel calendar doesn't show any points booking until Jan 2024, so weird.
Theres availability between now and the 9th of February. Avail probably dried out from the multiple flash sales, but will probably open up closer in.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ALGU
New club lounge under Citron will be opening next week, and the current lounge will be used as additional space for Citron and may eventually be converted to another restaurant. Its much larger, has brighter decor and a variety of spaces. It will have its own kitchen but downside is less access to Citron.

will be there next week for 10 nights. Let you know 👍🏼
Old Mar 10, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by ALGU
New club lounge under Citron will be opening next week, and the current lounge will be used as additional space for Citron and may eventually be converted to another restaurant. Its much larger, has brighter decor and a variety of spaces. It will have its own kitchen but downside is less access to Citron.

​​​​​​
Had a chance to view the new lounge on a tour of the premises. Wow. This has to be one of the best views from an IC club anywhere in the world.

Hello club!

View from the club

Al fresco two seater

Drink choices for canaps from 530-730. Signature cocktail refreshed monthly. Hot dishes served to table. Buffet hor d'oeuvres
Old Mar 10, 2023, 6:50 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Alawyer
​​​​​​
Had a chance to view the new lounge on a tour of the premises. Wow. This has to be one of the best views from an IC club anywhere in the world.

Hello club!

View from the club

Al fresco two seater

Drink choices for canaps from 530-730. Signature cocktail refreshed monthly. Hot dishes served to table. Buffet hor d'oeuvres
A pity no champagne with those views.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 1:10 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
A pity no champagne with those views.
Absolutely. We were there 5 years ago and gave that feedback to the manager we spoke to in the lounge. He said then they were introducing it soon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.