Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Tips on how to navigate to the hotel from Shinagawa Station (JR Shinkansen, Yamanote Line, Keikyu Airport Line to/from HND, other various lines that stop in Shinagawa).

The easiest way is via the second (main) level, one up from street level. Exiting the station, there are elevated sidewalks/skyways that leads into the elevator lobby of the hotel.
  • Keikyu Line platform seems to mainly exit to street level so make your way up to the second level at the earliest opportunity.
  • All other non-Shinkansen lines exit from the platform up stairs/escalators/elevators to the second floor; follow signs to the Central Exit outside of fare control
  • Shinkansen lines have their own exits from the second floor

From the second floor, follow signs to the Konan (East) Exit of the Shinagawa Station and exit there. Best to walk on the right side of the corridor. When exiting, the Dean + DeLuca cafe will be on your right, follow the flow of traffic to the right past the store and then take a left down the long walkway and you will see the sign for the hotel as you get closer on the right side. There's a small 7-11 on the left when you get to the hotel entrance. Walk down the corridor and turn left which will lead you to the elevator banks that service the 26th floor check in lobby.
Print Wikipost

The Strings by Intercontinental Tokyo Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just another data point. Completed reward stay here.
Having read this thread, I wasn't expecting much.
I got upgraded, but not sure to what category. I was on my own, but room/bed were definitely bigger, than single mentioned here.
I was also given late check out (2pm) as a Spire, and a drink at the bar including cocktails/sparkling.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: Plat Amb
So, the hotel offers breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails under its Dining Passport?

Since it is called Dining Passport instead of Club Lounge/Experience they can get away with not providing this to RA?

Strong decision taking into account that the other TYO InterContinentals do offer Club to RA.

At The Strings, is there at least a discount for RA when buying the Dining Passport?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ORDroad
So, the hotel offers breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails under its Dining Passport?

Since it is called Dining Passport instead of Club Lounge/Experience they can get away with not providing this to RA?

Strong decision taking into account that the other TYO InterContinentals do offer Club to RA.

At The Strings, is there at least a discount for RA when buying the Dining Passport?
It is not called Dining Passport, but it is called Dining Room Passport because the outlet is called Dining Room. They do not have a lounge, so there is none they could offer. The offer, however, is better than the usual lounge offerings. There is full breakfast and the drink menu includes fancy cocktails. When I travel to Tokyo I do not judge based on lounges but based on location and airport....
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:49 am

Not each stay needs to be practical and efficient.

Any discount for RA on that Dinning Room Passport?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
No.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Saw this posting that there is a discount and it costs JPY6K for RA and JPY10K for other guests:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28305666-post123.html
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hclee01
Saw this posting that there is a discount and it costs JPY6K for RA and JPY10K for other guests:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28305666-post123.html
Then it's no different from regular Ambassador, as that was what I was offered.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:03 am

Thanks for the feedback.

So, normal rate is 10 000 JPY.

To Ambassadors, and Royal Ambassador it is offered at 6000 JPY?

Price per person, or per room?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the feedback.

So, normal rate is 10 000 JPY.

To Ambassadors, and Royal Ambassador it is offered at 6000 JPY?

Price per person, or per room?
Per room, up to two adults.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If your rate doesn't have breakfast and you want to eat at the hotel for convenience this is not bad to pay 6k JPY, breakfast alone per person was around 2.3k JPY or similar IIRC. If you use the drinks in the evening it can be worth it if using with 2 pax.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Per room, up to two adults.
No, Per person. 2nd person required additional fee 5000++JPY (up to 3rd person total 20000++JPY)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raynyan
No, Per person. 2nd person required additional fee 5000++JPY (up to 3rd person total 20000++JPY)
Then they must have made a big mistake, because my wife and I got it for 6000 yen total.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Then they must have made a big mistake, because my wife and I got it for 6000 yen total.
Haha! You are very lucky!
http://www.intercontinental-strings.jp/en/guestroom/service/passport.html
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Ohh if 6K JPY per person normally, I would not go for it unless you really drink a lot. Also even breakfast, there are several places nearby where you can have that much cheaper.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know where I can locate an email to contact this property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.