Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Tips on how to navigate to the hotel from Shinagawa Station (JR Shinkansen, Yamanote Line, Keikyu Airport Line to/from HND, other various lines that stop in Shinagawa).

The easiest way is via the second (main) level, one up from street level. Exiting the station, there are elevated sidewalks/skyways that leads into the elevator lobby of the hotel.
  • Keikyu Line platform seems to mainly exit to street level so make your way up to the second level at the earliest opportunity.
  • All other non-Shinkansen lines exit from the platform up stairs/escalators/elevators to the second floor; follow signs to the Central Exit outside of fare control
  • Shinkansen lines have their own exits from the second floor

From the second floor, follow signs to the Konan (East) Exit of the Shinagawa Station and exit there. Best to walk on the right side of the corridor. When exiting, the Dean + DeLuca cafe will be on your right, follow the flow of traffic to the right past the store and then take a left down the long walkway and you will see the sign for the hotel as you get closer on the right side. There's a small 7-11 on the left when you get to the hotel entrance. Walk down the corridor and turn left which will lead you to the elevator banks that service the 26th floor check in lobby.
Print Wikipost

The Strings by Intercontinental Tokyo Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Back in the year 2019 (before covid-coronavirus) they were building a club lounge at this hotel.
Has anyone visited the club lounge since it opened and can comment on the quality and prices ?
Old May 5, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Got a stay upcoming up here next year. Does anyone know if breakfast/club access will be provided on point stays for Diamonds?
I stayed here with points. I got a breakfast offer but not club lounge access. I also asked about suite upgrade, but it was only available if I paid extra $. Spire/Diamond upgrade got me 1 King Classic Top Floor. Can't remember if this is the same floor as the club lounge located.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
So I would assume that a stay in the base room as a Diamond Ambassador using the 2-4-1 weekend night certificate should yield a one category upgrade, breakfast and $20 at the bar?
Old Dec 11, 2022, 10:27 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So I would assume that a stay in the base room as a Diamond Ambassador using the 2-4-1 weekend night certificate should yield a one category upgrade, breakfast and $20 at the bar?
... and a guaranteed 4pm check-out, if needed. And you should get a JPY2000 F&B credit, which is currently slightly more than US$20.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by minz56
... and a guaranteed 4pm check-out, if needed. And you should get a JPY2000 F&B credit, which is currently slightly more than US$20.
It might be needed, my flight out of NRT is at 6 pm, I would probably try and store luggage in my room and get some tourism in before taking the N’EX from Shinagawa Station.

XE tells me ¥2000 is USD $14.56, but OK. (I don’t expect $20 or $14.56 goes very far at a corporate five star hotel bar).
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
XE tells me ¥2000 is USD $14.56, but OK. (I don’t expect $20 or $14.56 goes very far at a corporate five star hotel bar).
Yes, sorry, you are right. My Google conversion went somewhat awry lol.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Can anyone tell me if it is worth taking breakfast downstairs if you have it in the lounge? Asking as a Diamond who will eat in the lounge if it is similar to downstairs if that means I can take the drinks voucher.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Can anyone tell me if it is worth taking breakfast downstairs if you have it in the lounge? Asking as a Diamond who will eat in the lounge if it is similar to downstairs if that means I can take the drinks voucher.
The lounge is pretty comprehensive with lots of hot Western items to order from and Japanese breakfast.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there 4/21-4/23 over the weekend, got an upgrade to 3235 (top floor, nice "Upgraded Classic" king sized bed room with a view out over the bay, definitely not a suite). I had breakfast both days expecting to be charged as a Diamond Ambassador staying on a 241 certificate, minus the 2000 yen. No charge at all on my bill.

Perfectly happy with the value I received for what I spent. Location is good for getting to places on the Yamanote line, which I did over the weekend.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 9:25 pm

Has anyone had experience with booking through AmEx Hotel Collection with their Platinum card? Is status (Diamond Ambassador) recognized?
Old Jul 5, 2023, 2:41 pm

Does anyone know if I would get free breakfast or access to the lounge as a regular Platinum Ambassador member (IHG Platinum + regular Ambassador) at the IC Strings property?
Or I would need to pay separately for these services?
Old Jul 5, 2023, 10:29 pm

You won't get breakfast, as it is a Diamond benefit.

You won't get lounge access, as it is a lounge pass benefit, or royal ambassador benefit.

Why would you think the rules don't apply for you?
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Gin.Or.Juice
Does anyone know if I would get free breakfast or access to the lounge as a regular Platinum Ambassador member (IHG Platinum + regular Ambassador) at the IC Strings property?
Or I would need to pay separately for these services?
You can get them by booking a breakfast inclusive rate or a Club room / suite, but not based on your Plat Amb status as 336 rightfully highlighted. If you book Club, there will be breakfast included with that as well.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 3:21 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond
Looking to use my 2-4-1 weekend ambassador voucher here in early March 2024, and am absolutely bamboozled by the room categories so trying to seek some clarification.

Double Classic 67,500yen per night
King Classic 69,500yen per night
King Classic Top Floor 74,000yen per night
King Premium Club Lounge Access Luxury Bath View 114,500yen per night
Premium Room 114,500yen per night
King Premium 117,500yen per night

As a Diamond Ambassador, with the guaranteed one-category upgrade, does that mean i get a Premium room (w/o lounge access) by booking King Classic Top Floor? Or do they have hidden categories? Or do you think it being somewhat sakura season (if the flowers bloom early...) + an Japan IC they are most likely to tell me there's no available upgrade and offer me 10,000pts instead? Just trying to figure out the possibilities here...!
Old Aug 6, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by hisdearqueen
Looking to use my 2-4-1 weekend ambassador voucher here in early March 2024, and am absolutely bamboozled by the room categories so trying to seek some clarification.

Double Classic 67,500yen per night
King Classic 69,500yen per night
King Classic Top Floor 74,000yen per night
King Premium Club Lounge Access Luxury Bath View 114,500yen per night
Premium Room 114,500yen per night
King Premium 117,500yen per night

As a Diamond Ambassador, with the guaranteed one-category upgrade, does that mean i get a Premium room (w/o lounge access) by booking King Classic Top Floor? Or do they have hidden categories? Or do you think it being somewhat sakura season (if the flowers bloom early...) + an Japan IC they are most likely to tell me there's no available upgrade and offer me 10,000pts instead? Just trying to figure out the possibilities here...!
I was at The Strings in April for 5 nights. I did not get an upgrade and had to make do with the 10k points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.