Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Tips on how to navigate to the hotel from Shinagawa Station (JR Shinkansen, Yamanote Line, Keikyu Airport Line to/from HND, other various lines that stop in Shinagawa).

The easiest way is via the second (main) level, one up from street level. Exiting the station, there are elevated sidewalks/skyways that leads into the elevator lobby of the hotel.
  • Keikyu Line platform seems to mainly exit to street level so make your way up to the second level at the earliest opportunity.
  • All other non-Shinkansen lines exit from the platform up stairs/escalators/elevators to the second floor; follow signs to the Central Exit outside of fare control
  • Shinkansen lines have their own exits from the second floor

From the second floor, follow signs to the Konan (East) Exit of the Shinagawa Station and exit there. Best to walk on the right side of the corridor. When exiting, the Dean + DeLuca cafe will be on your right, follow the flow of traffic to the right past the store and then take a left down the long walkway and you will see the sign for the hotel as you get closer on the right side. There's a small 7-11 on the left when you get to the hotel entrance. Walk down the corridor and turn left which will lead you to the elevator banks that service the 26th floor check in lobby.
Print Wikipost

The Strings by Intercontinental Tokyo Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond
The Strings by Intercontinental Tokyo Master Thread [merged]

any thoughts on this hotel É

Thank you
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Any thoughts we'd have can be found by doing a search under Tokyo where they've already been posted.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:55 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Welcome to Flyertalk, exemplar.

We have a few threads about the ICs in Tokyo.

Have a look here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...trings-ic.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-upgrades.html

And comparison with other hotels
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...tokyo-bay.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...tal-tokyo.html

You might post your question there or see, if your question has been already answered. It might be also of an advantage, if you speciy your question what exactly you are looking for. Upgrade, location, status recognition, ...

Thank you

FLYGVA
Old Jul 17, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: PC Platinum, MPC Silver, Golden Circle Gold
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get a cheaper rate at The Strings as the last time I stayed in Jan this year was quite expensive around USD250 per night...I'm suppose to go back for work but my company is asking me to look for a cheaper hotel unless I can get a cheaper rate at The Strings.....any help is much appreciated
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Toffees
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get a cheaper rate at The Strings as the last time I stayed in Jan this year was quite expensive around USD250 per night...I'm suppose to go back for work but my company is asking me to look for a cheaper hotel unless I can get a cheaper rate at The Strings.....any help is much appreciated
Try F&F rate.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 1:47 am

Programs: UA-Plat, AA-Plat, PC-Plat Amb, tons of others...
I used the F&F rate. Was still about $1,000 for two rooms for two nights. About comparable to what you've said.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 5:11 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Does it have to be the Strings? It is the most expensive of the 3 ICs in Tokyo. The IC ANA can be had for under 20K Yen and so does the IC Tokyo Bay.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
If your stay is before November, maybe check on August 3 if this promotion helps: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/japan72h
Old Jul 27, 2010, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by demue
The IC ANA can be had for under 20K Yen and so does the IC Tokyo Bay.
I know that IC Tokyo Bay is publicly advertise its rate for under 2OK JPY, but IC ANA? That's a news?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
I know that IC Tokyo Bay is publicly advertise its rate for under 2OK JPY, but IC ANA? That's a news?
Just booked it for 17.5K++ a night for Nov on our corp rate though. Regular rate is 24K so sorry my mistake as I forgot about the special rate.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:19 am

Just booked it for 17.5K++ a night for Nov on our corp rate though. Regular rate is 24K so sorry my mistake as I forgot about the special rate.
Wow...this price is quite a steal..you meant The Strings rite?...wish I could get this kinda price...
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:21 am

Does it have to be the Strings? It is the most expensive of the 3 ICs in Tokyo. The IC ANA can be had for under 20K Yen and so does the IC Tokyo Bay.
Well...the train station is just right beside it and quite convenient for me to move about...the othe 2 ICs proximity to train station is not really close...unless I'm wrong
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Well...the train station is just right beside it and quite convenient for me to move about...the othe 2 ICs proximity to train station is not really close...unless I'm wrong
I can't confirm how close the other ICs are to the train station, yet I can confirm how close the Strings is to the train station (Shinigawa?). I stayed a few nights at the Strings on vacation, and found the location absolutely perfect. Lots of shops in the business park, mini-store by the exit doors, minutes to the station by foot, including a nice grocers with prepared and packaged food. For my next vacation in Tokyo, I'll defintely stay at this location again. If proximity to the station is important, this might be worth a hefty premium on a rev-stay.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:17 am

Wow...this price is quite a steal..you meant The Strings rite?...wish I could get this kinda price...
I was talking about IC ANA. The Strings usually never comes in below 25K a night even at our corp rate (okay 24K right now for stay in Nov), but I have a friend working for a certain German 'GE equivalent' and they pay 19K a night at the Strings IIRC.

However, after checking Ryokan (with Onsen) prices in Hokkaido just now all this is plenty cheap. They want around 30K JPY a person per night so 60K++.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 2:47 am

However, after checking Ryokan (with Onsen) prices in Hokkaido just now all this is plenty cheap. They want around 30K JPY a person per night so 60K++.
Wow, that must be a very exclusive roykan. Normal ryokan should be around 10K JPY/pax, breakfast+dinner included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.