Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Tips on how to navigate to the hotel from Shinagawa Station (JR Shinkansen, Yamanote Line, Keikyu Airport Line to/from HND, other various lines that stop in Shinagawa).

The easiest way is via the second (main) level, one up from street level. Exiting the station, there are elevated sidewalks/skyways that leads into the elevator lobby of the hotel.
  • Keikyu Line platform seems to mainly exit to street level so make your way up to the second level at the earliest opportunity.
  • All other non-Shinkansen lines exit from the platform up stairs/escalators/elevators to the second floor; follow signs to the Central Exit outside of fare control
  • Shinkansen lines have their own exits from the second floor

From the second floor, follow signs to the Konan (East) Exit of the Shinagawa Station and exit there. Best to walk on the right side of the corridor. When exiting, the Dean + DeLuca cafe will be on your right, follow the flow of traffic to the right past the store and then take a left down the long walkway and you will see the sign for the hotel as you get closer on the right side. There's a small 7-11 on the left when you get to the hotel entrance. Walk down the corridor and turn left which will lead you to the elevator banks that service the 26th floor check in lobby.
Print Wikipost

The Strings by Intercontinental Tokyo Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:03 am

I recently stayed at the hotel and found the club lounge to be decidedly average in both service, food offering and drinks. Completely different to the Osaka IC's club lounge which, as has been mentioned in its own thread, is one of the best.

I'm still trying to work out why they are so intent on bringing breakfast items one by one, often some time apart
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:33 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by Sapless
I recently stayed at the hotel and found the club lounge to be decidedly average in both service, food offering and drinks. Completely different to the Osaka IC's club lounge which, as has been mentioned in its own thread, is one of the best.

I'm still trying to work out why they are so intent on bringing breakfast items one by one, often some time apart
As a Diamond with free breakfast, I did not even go to the Club as it was very underwhelming compared to the breakfast buffet in the restaurant (I had access to both at a recent stay in October), I agree with you.

EDIT: The night offerings are bang on as posted below

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Feb 3, 2024 at 11:58 am
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:49 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

FWIW, I found the club lounge very pleasant for evening happy hour, with good offerings by Japanese standards (champagne and a sampling of small dishes from the hotel's restaurants). Obviously not a big buffet to replace dinner, but quite decent for a club lounge. I had breakfast in the main restaurant, and thought the buffet was excellent (far better than restaurant breakfast at IC Osaka IMO, where I prefer having breakfast at the lounge). Is restaurant breakfast not available to club guests at IC Strings? I wasn't aware it's for Diamonds only. I received the points amenity for my recent stay, so doesn't look like I was forced to choose restaurant breakfast.

Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:52 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by jpdx
FWIW, I found the club lounge very pleasant for evening happy hour, with good offerings by Japanese standards (champagne and a sampling of small dishes from the hotel's restaurants). Obviously not a big buffet to replace dinner, but quite decent for a club lounge. I had breakfast in the main restaurant, and thought the buffet was excellent (far better than restaurant breakfast at IC Osaka IMO, where I prefer having breakfast at the lounge). Is restaurant breakfast not available to club guests at IC Strings? I wasn't aware it's for Diamonds only. I received the points amenity for my recent stay, so doesn't look like I was forced to choose restaurant breakfast.
Sorry I should have been clearer (I was trying to give all information), yes this hotel does it the right way for guests with Club access, they told me you can eat at both. Apologies for the confusion. Restaurant is still better for breakfast as you stated.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:33 pm

Yes, the evening canapé and drinks aren't bad and some great views too but I found the breakfast set-up a fail and the afternoon tea very so-so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.