Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2010, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by ysb41
got one as well, how long it takes to get the confirmation email? only hv 115k, will be over the moon if i am one of the top 20000 loser,
You have nothing to worry about I'm sure!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:18 am

Unhappy I mailed in my verification and still got the e-mail

I thought that I got the "we did not get your verification" e-mail because my mailed in verification did not match up with my application for the Luckiest Loser program. I am not sure if I am glad or sad that it appears people who submitted verification through other means also got asked to resubmit.

I used the cut and paste method and e-mailed it to the e-mail in the FAQs. Like others, my point balance increased from my initial submission, by about 20,000, to about 850,000.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by SomeGuy
That was spring of 2007.
BS, PC points have devaluated very little in the past decade, in fact for those of us long timers, they've significantly improved. The introduction of PointBreaks made points more valuable. That some HIs in some major cities went to 25K and ICs in similar world markets to 40K does not represent a major devaluation of the program. The vast majority of properties remained at their same levels. I dare say an IC in Minneapolis is not valued at the same level as one in London or NYC, so why should the two cost the same number of points? (This only brought PC redemptions into a more appropriately scaled context, like other programs that rate properties by location and quality of the brand like SPG, Hyatt and other programs, and not universally across a brand as PC used to.)

This is certainly nowhere near the devaluation that has occurred with HHonors or SPG of late, and as noted there are no better values than offered by Point Breaks.

Not to mention, as examples here have shown, PC is the easiest program around in which to earn elite status...probably too easy for Platinum. I for one would not permit purchase points, credit card earned points or even promotional bonus points to count towards elite status. If anything, it is the ease at earning PC points that offsets any redemption increases and still puts it at the head of the pack for points accumulation and redemption value. (Oh and did I mention points+$ awards which permit the purchase of points at a significant discount over normal purchase pricing?)
Old Mar 7, 2010, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ysb41
got one as well, how long it takes to get the confirmation email? only hv 115k, will be over the moon if i am one of the top 20000 loser,
3 biz days. Don't worry...
Old Mar 21, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Exclamation Luckiest Loser Ended Feb 28, 2010

FYI,

Priority Club® Rewards Luckiest Loser Challenge
Frequently Asked Questions

What is the duration of the promotion?
Promotional offer is valid from February 1, 2010 through February 28, 2010.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any clue when we will get the results of this promo????
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:57 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by saad
any clue when we will get the results of this promo????
Site says the winner could be announced as early as 3/25 but as late as 4/30.

http://www.pointsloser.priorityclub....-lostsomething

PC isn't exactly known for speedy processing so I suspect we're talking more April than this week.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Site says the winner could be announced as early as 3/25 but as late as 4/30.

http://www.pointsloser.priorityclub....-lostsomething

PC isn't exactly known for speedy processing so I suspect we're talking more April than this week.
ah well....i guess i can forget about using the extra points from this promo for an upcoming stay in a couple of weeks....
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
Originally Posted by Dromomaniac
I signed up for this promotion on February 15. I used the "snipping tool" in Windows to take a screenshot of my balance. I think I remember the site had a form that uploaded the JPEG file to their server, which I did.

Well, today I received an email that says:
Did anyone else experience a similar issue? I'm fairly certain that I correctly uploaded my point balance 3 weeks ago.

When I followed the link, the option to upload from the site was gone; the remaining options are to email, fax, or postal mail the balance, which must be received by March 12.

If you are unsure if your upload went through, you might consider using the link (above) and emailing your balance to PC.

The twist in all this is that, immediately following my submission 3 weeks ago, I burned a bunch of HH points. So, my balance is lower than it was when I entered the contest. Fortunately, I still had the screenshot I took in mid-February. Otherwise, I would have been mighty unhappy.
I got the same e-mail that my submission was incomplete. I had tried uploading my HH statement as a PDF. I got an error at the time, but when I tried to re-submit I got an error stating that I had already submitted.

Anyway, I had kept the PDF and e-mailed it to the address listed in their message on March 9. I got a confirmation message on March 19 that they received my complete submission.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Waiting for today, but not holding my breath.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

come on....lets have the results....
Old Mar 26, 2010, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by saad
come on....lets have the results....
Did I mention PC wasn't exactly known for speedy processing.......?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmaddock
Did I mention PC wasn't exactly known for speedy processing.......?
yes you did....
Old Mar 28, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: hh diamond, cp diamond priority club plat Alaska 75k Delta Gold
i want my er 2 dollars

ok, what i really want is my 20k points,

Or i guess i would be better off dead
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Fax did not work?

I tried to fax my statement from HH for several days but fax machine was always busy on PC end. I mailed the form but never heard back.

Wonder what is going on with PC! Any one knows!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.