Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Thanks OP. I hope my 235K HH points will get me in the top 20,000.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Only the 1000 points are instant. The rest, even for those who get them, are not determined right away. So you can't yet tell who will get more than 1000 points and who won't.
I entered the contest last week, but the 1,000 points never showed up. I actually just now received the invitation email (inviting me to participate) and tried again, but it said I already entered!

Am I the only one who hasn't gotten the 1K points immediately?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by mikew99
I entered the contest last week, but the 1,000 points never showed up. I actually just now received the invitation email (inviting me to participate) and tried again, but it said I already entered!

Call them if you've not got the points yet. They should be automatic.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you sure you didn't get the points? I only say that because sometimes the PCR website is a little flaky. It's best to clear all ichotelsgroup.com cookies and the broswer cache and log-in again to make sure you are seeing the up-to-date info. You might also try logging in via a different browser.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
I did not receive the original invite either, but still signed up and it worked fine. Got my 1000pts instantly, which is really nice fore me because even though I have an HH account, I have yet to stay at a Hilton property and earn HH points.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:24 pm

I entered the contest last week, but the 1,000 points never showed up.

+1

I entered two accounts. The first; no problem. The second; seemed different in that I didn't get a final 'confirmation message' type screen, which I probably wouldn't even have missed had I not already seen what one looked like. I put the difference down to the fact that I'd left the HHonours account number blank the second time around (as other posters had suggested was possible), and wondered if I should have put a zero or "555" or whatever in there instead?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:46 pm
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
I was asked for confirmation of my 187k points earlier today when I signed up... I'm hoping to get a jump start on PC points this year, now if I could get free breakfast I'd be sold.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:50 am

When I am expecting something to post immediately to my PC club acct and it doesnt, I do the following things:

1. Minor panic and feel like "I am one of the unlucky few that isnt going to get this" promo to work.
2. Remember to change my account summary from last 30 days to last 180. For some reason that seems to do the trick and it pops up.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by HangingOver
2. Remember to change my account summary from last 30 days to last 180. For some reason that seems to do the trick and it pops up.
Tried this and no go for me.

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Are you sure you didn't get the points? I only say that because sometimes the PCR website is a little flaky. It's best to clear all ichotelsgroup.com cookies and the broswer cache and log-in again to make sure you are seeing the up-to-date info. You might also try logging in via a different browser.
Tried a different browser and got the same result.

Originally Posted by layz
Call them if you've not got the points yet. They should be automatic.
Thanks for all the suggestions! Looks like I'll have to chase down my 1K points. I'm not sure if I'll be eligible for the rest (I have only 49K Hilton points), but I worry I'll have to chase those down, too.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
When I uploaded the PDF summary of my HH account, I got an error that the file was too big. It was 37kb, but I read that the max accepted file size is 2mb. I closed the browser, started all over again, and got a message that I am already registered. I also got the 1k points. Now I am just wondering if my uploaded file went through or if I should fax it to make sure I am not disqualified.

Hopefully the consensus is right and not many folks get in on this. I have 207k HH points, so I might have a shot.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I just signed up for the promo and the 1k points posted immediately. I have 1.3M Hilton points and was not asked for verification. Is that bc the computer knows I'm fairly honest?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
[QUOTE=sdsearch;13337976]First of all, HHonors doesn't have an Account Summary screen (like PC claims), it only has an Account Summary section which shows up on several pages. If you follow this promo's web instruction, you'll find that they're asking you to snapshot (the top of) the Printer Friendly version of your HHonors Activity screen, which has the account summary at the left of it, has the date generated at the top right, and has the most recent HHonors points activity (only the most recent few will show up on a screen save, because you have to scrolll to see more).

Thanks sdsearch. That was very helpful since I didn't get any web instruction. ^^
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Hmm, I suppose my 1.4 million HHonors points should get me into the magic 20K?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kanerf
Hmm, I spouse my 1.4 million HHonors point should get me into the magic 20K?
I'd be very surprised if everyone with HHonors point balances of at least 100K doesn't get the 20K. I think it's likely that even everyone below that will get their 20%. I could be wrong, and I know Priority Club has over 45 million members, but still.

I'm more curious to find out how many points are needed for the grand prize. I suspect we will find out because I suspect IHG will do a publicity campaign with the winner (as allowed per the terms).
Old Feb 9, 2010, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I'd be very surprised if everyone with HHonors point balances of at least 100K doesn't get the 20K. I think it's likely that even everyone below that will get their 20%. I could be wrong, and I know Priority Club has over 45 million members, but still.

I'm more curious to find out how many points are needed for the grand prize. I suspect we will find out because I suspect IHG will do a publicity campaign with the winner (as allowed per the terms).
I hope it will be a Flyertalker !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.