Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:43 am
Original Poster

http://www.pointsloser.priorityclub....-luckiestloser

http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?Page...d=allothernews

You’ve come to the right place!

If you're a Hilton HHonors® member, you may have noticed that your account is feeling about 20% lighter. At Priority Club® Rewards, we value your loyalty and we'd like to make up for what you've lost with Hilton.

Just tell us how many HHonors points you've "lost" and:

* We'll automatically "give you back" 1,000 Priority Club points
* If you're one of the top 20,000 "Lucky Losers," you will gain back up to 20% of your current HHonors balance in Priority Club points (up to 20,000 points)
* If you're "The Luckiest Loser," you'll win 2 million Priority Club points

What happened to your HHonors points?

On January 15, Hilton® increased the cost of most of their hotel rewards, effectively devaluing HHonors points "by about 20%." (USAToday.com*). That could mean losing an entire free night from that big vacation you were planning to take with your HHonors points.

To see how these changes could impact your next vacation, check out how many free nights you could be losing with HHonors at these popular destinations:
Your HHonors Point Balance Redeemed at this Hotel Your Free Reward Nights
Before After
40,000 points Doubletree Hotel Denver 2 nights 1 night
50,000 points Hilton Garden Inn Chicago 2 nights 1 night
100,000 points Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando 5 nights 4 nights
140,000 points Doubletree Suites Charleston 4 nights 2 nights
175,000 points Las Vegas Hilton 5 nights 4 nights
200,000 points Hilton Times Square NYC 5 nights 4 nights
210,000 points Courthouse Doubletree London 6 nights 4 nights
280,000 points Hilton Hawaiian Village 7 nights 5 nights

For complete details on the examples above, please view our Frequently Asked Questions.
Learn more about the HHonors changes:

* USAToday.com -- Hilton HHonors to devalue loyalty points starting Jan. 15, 2010
* WashingtonTimes.com -- Hilton devalues its loyalty program
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Let's see if I can score 20.000 points...
With a Hilton balance of close to 900.000 points I should hopefully be able to score here !
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Let's see if I can score 20.000 points...
With a Hilton balance of close to 900.000 points I should hopefully be able to score here !
You have a good chance.

And yes...you are a loser
Old Feb 3, 2010, 4:11 am
Original Poster

1000 Points post instantly...

"HHONORS LUCKIEST LOSER CONTEST 1000 pts"
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:10 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
I hope it is not the potential start of devaluation of PriorityClub points...
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I join the Loser Club, I have only 2+ mio points left
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:22 am

3 Feb 2010 HHONORS LUCKIEST LOSER CONTEST 1000 pts.

Thank you very much, indeed. Luckily I´m not an active HH member. I only had like 9000 points. Worth nothing.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
I think Priority Club is on the right track picking up the fallout of a competitors bad decision.
I'll throw my 4-6 nights a year at Hampton Inn to the PC program.
If enough of us do this, PC wins big.

Last edited by sobore; Feb 3, 2010 at 6:21 am Reason: .
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:30 am

I'm not a HH member.
If I sign up for HH now, will I get 1k PC points even if my HH balance is 0?
If not, any way I can get a HH point or two without paying for them
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I absolutely love this. The free points are great. The throwdown is even better!!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:11 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I agree, this is a great way to at least put a smile on your existing members, remind them about your product, and maybe even pick up a few more active members as well.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: Platinum RA - SPG Gold
I just signed-up in HH (never been to their hotels for the last 2 years), completed the PC form and ..... 1000 points in my account ! lool !

Didn't expect it. However don't waste it ^
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I have 52 HH points. Not 52000, but 52. However, I have a 40k redemption booked.

If I cancel the redemption, I will have 40052 HH points. This is probably a 'top 20,000' number worth 8k PC points. However, I will not be able to rebook my HH night for 40k as it now needs 50k.

Can PC actually check the HH totals? I know they will ask the winner for full verification, but not all 20,000 I'm sure ....

EDIT - found the T&C's:

What if I've been asked to submit additional verification?
In order to be eligible to receive the 20% point value or the 2 million point Luckiest Loser prize, we must verify your balance and need a current copy of your online Hilton HHonors account activity showing your available HHonors Rewards Points.

How do I submit this additional verification?
You may submit the statement either by fax to (770-642-8893) or by first class mail to (P.O. Box 157 Roswell Ga 30077) or upload to (www.priorityclub.com/lostsomething). If submitting by fax or by mail, HHonors activity statement must be accompanied by a separate piece of paper on which you have printed your full name and your Priority Club Rewards member number. If submitting online, include the above information in the submission form and upload your Hilton HHonors activity statement as a JPEG or PDF file 2 MB or smaller. Faxed and online submissions must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 2/28/10; mailed submissions must be received by 3/5/10. Limit one submission per PCR Member.

So, on this basis, I may submit the 40000 number. If I am in the top 20k and am asked for extra proof, I will decide at that point whether to cancel my HH reservation (to get my points balance back up) or not. I am, of course, then stuck with 40k HH points which are increasingly tricky to use.

Last edited by Raffles; Feb 3, 2010 at 6:59 am
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
I have 52 HH points. Not 52000, but 52. However, I have a 40k redemption booked.

If I cancel the redemption, I will have 40052 HH points. This is probably a 'top 20,000' number worth 8k PC points. However, I will not be able to rebook my HH night for 40k as it now needs 50k.

Can PC actually check the HH totals? I know they will ask the winner for full verification, but not all 20,000 I'm sure ....
Hmmm good question. I have 1000 HH points in my account (and I thought I had the least amount in an active account, but 52, Raffles! Good on you!), but have 2 nights @ 40K (for a grand total of 81K) in my account, if I were to cash in the reservation I currently have. However, we are headed to French Polynesia today...and that stay is for early next week at the Hilton Moorea (we're only skipping the IC due to the construction going on, and the fact that I wanted to blow the HH points before the devaluation, and the Hilton Moorea is putting everyone into OWBs due to their own construction happening in their garden bungalows!) Canceling our rez on the "hope" of getting some extra PC points seems silly at this point
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles

You need to upload a screenshot of your HH profile. Alternatively, you can fax it send send it in by snail mail.
I uploaded my screenshot. I took me about 5 minutes in total ... I want the 20.000 points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.