Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:41 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I'm the real loser. Not only have my Hilton points been devalued, they are completely gone - account closed by Hilton through inactivity. Must be about 2 yrs (?) since I stayed at their properties. I reckon I'm good to enter the competition!
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
IHG realizes points ARE important so halt the current account freeze please....We know from research that the value of loyalty points is paramount to members," said Don Berg, vice president, Loyalty Programs, IHG

IHG'S Priority Club(R) Rewards to 'Give Back' Up to 400 Million Loyalty Points in Worldwide 'Luckiest Loser' Competition

ATLANTA, Feb. 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- IHG's (InterContinental Hotels Group) Priority Club® Rewards, the world's largest hotel loyalty program, today launches its worldwide "Luckiest Loser" competition. In response to the recent increases in the Hilton HHonors® hotel rewards rates, which effectively devalued HHonors members' points by about 20 percent, Priority Club Rewards is offering consumers a chance to gain back their "lost" loyalty points. The Priority Club Rewards member who has the highest verified Hilton HHonors points balance will be the "Luckiest Loser" and gain two million Priority Club points; enough to redeem for about 80 free hotel nights at more than 4,000 of IHG's hotels across the globe. Another 20,000 "Lucky Losers" will be awarded up to 400 million total Priority Club points to help compensate for what they are "losing" with Hilton HHonors.

"If you want your loyal customers to stick with you during tough times, it's vital to show you appreciate them and give them more value, not less. So it's no wonder there was such a negative reaction to Hilton devaluing their points program," said Tom Seddon, chief marketing officer, IHG. "Some of our customers, particularly ones we're talking to on social networking sites, asked us if there was anything we could do to help - so we're offering to replace their lost Hilton HHonors points with Priority Club points, giving them the opportunity to stay for free at any one of our 4,400 hotels around the world."

The current loyalty market is arguably as crowded and competitive as it has ever been, and savvy travelers are taking notice. In fact, during 2009, Priority Club Rewards members redeemed 10 percent more points than in 2008, making the most of new reward options such as Flights Anywhere(TM) and Points & Cash to maximize the value and versatility of their points for everything from travel expenses to everyday purchases such as gas, groceries and holiday gifts.

"We know from research that the value of loyalty points is paramount to members," said Don Berg, vice president, Loyalty Programs, IHG. "Travelers depend on their rewards to help them cover the costs of their summer vacations and weekend-getaways, and they don't expect their points to suddenly lose value overnight."

........deleted
Old Feb 15, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I could see someone using Photoshop to win that 2 million points...
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Airline Peon (United, Delta, Southwest)
Wanted to remind folks who haven't entered that Sunday is the deadline for the contest.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I could see someone using Photoshop to win that 2 million points...
I suspect the 2MM point winner will go through extra verification, if for no other reason than the fact that IHG will probably be using this person in an advertising campaign.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Ack still have to submit my verification.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Does anyone know when they plan to announce winners etc?

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by hilmar
Does anyone know when they plan to announce winners etc?

Thanks!
From the PC link:

Thanks for your interest in the Priority Club® Rewards Luckiest Loser Competition. The contest officially ended February 28, 2010 (at 11:59 p.m. ET). The Luckiest Loser, who will gain 2 Million Priority Club® points, will be posted on this page from March 25 - April 30, 2010.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond (x2), IHG Platinum
fingers crossed, 1,188,588 HH points right now, talk about devalued

Last edited by jdrumm95; Mar 31, 2010 at 9:46 pm
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by jdrumm95
fingers crossed, 1.9 Million HH points right now, talk about devalued
Fingers crossed for the 20k? I think you're safe there. Not even close for the winner, though.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
Your Luckiest Loser entry is incomplete. Response required by March 12

I signed up for this promotion on February 15. I used the "snipping tool" in Windows to take a screenshot of my balance. I think I remember the site had a form that uploaded the JPEG file to their server, which I did.

Well, today I received an email that says:
Thank you for registering for the Priority Club® Rewards Luckiest Loser Competition. Unfortunately, as of March 3, we were still missing the required documentation of your Hilton HHonors® balance.

If you have not already submitted your verification, please do so by March 12 or you will no longer be eligible for the Luckiest Loser prizes. Please click the button below to learn how to complete your entry and gain back your points!

BUTTON LINK
Did anyone else experience a similar issue? I'm fairly certain that I correctly uploaded my point balance 3 weeks ago.

When I followed the link, the option to upload from the site was gone; the remaining options are to email, fax, or postal mail the balance, which must be received by March 12.

If you are unsure if your upload went through, you might consider using the link (above) and emailing your balance to PC.

The twist in all this is that, immediately following my submission 3 weeks ago, I burned a bunch of HH points. So, my balance is lower than it was when I entered the contest. Fortunately, I still had the screenshot I took in mid-February. Otherwise, I would have been mighty unhappy.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Dromomaniac
I signed up for this promotion on February 15. I used the "snipping tool" in Windows to take a screenshot of my balance. I think I remember the site had a form that uploaded the JPEG file to their server, which I did.

Well, today I received an email that says:
Did anyone else experience a similar issue? I'm fairly certain that I correctly uploaded my point balance 3 weeks ago.

When I followed the link, the option to upload from the site was gone; the remaining options are to email, fax, or postal mail the balance, which must be received by March 12.

If you are unsure if your upload went through, you might consider using the link (above) and emailing your balance to PC.

The twist in all this is that, immediately following my submission 3 weeks ago, I burned a bunch of HH points. So, my balance is lower than it was when I entered the contest. Fortunately, I still had the screenshot I took in mid-February. Otherwise, I would have been mighty unhappy.
I got the same email, and I am pretty sure that I correctly uploaded my screenshot on February 7. At least my balance has grown by a few thousand points since then.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I used the snip tool, sent it in early on, and haven't heard anything back. I burned most of my miles on a redemption afterwards, but am pretty sure I saved the snip picture.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Send an email to the address in the FAQ. I got an email response confirming they got it from me.

I didn't get a bunch of HH pts to post, so I hope I'm ok with about 430K HH pts...
Old Mar 6, 2010, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Send an email to the address in the FAQ. I got an email response confirming they got it from me.

I didn't get a bunch of HH pts to post, so I hope I'm ok with about 430K HH pts...
got one as well, how long it takes to get the confirmation email? only hv 115k, will be over the moon if i am one of the top 20000 loser,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.