Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Great promo, very interesting to see the points differences and comments here vs the HH forum on FT.

Go PC, this is really making me move more and more to the PC brand. ^
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:21 pm

Agree with all - great promo!
260k of HH points and it asked me to upload. I never knew about the Snipping Tool in Windows (per the web instructions).
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
For those with large HH balances who were NOT asked to provide immediate verification, did you put commas in the HH balance reported? I wonder whether Priority Club doesn't interpret those types of responses as numbers.

I excluded the commas in my registration and was asked for verification. My HH balance is between 400k and 500k.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
For those with large HH balances who were NOT asked to provide immediate verification, did you put commas in the HH balance reported? I wonder whether Priority Club doesn't interpret those types of responses as numbers.
That's a very interesting possibility. IHG has poor website IT, so who knows...
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:17 pm

This is a great idea. I wish Starwood would do something similar as I have not had great experiences with Intercontinental recently.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I hope it will be a Flyertalker !
I hope it isnt. Imagine the poor FTer who lost the most points value!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:11 am

I submitted with over 1million HH , faxed in the requred paperwork, have gotten the 1K bonus points and heard nothing else. Also I've have forgotten when this ends.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
ICHG is getting serious about this promotion, I got a glossy flyer in my USPS mail today about the promo. First time PC has sent me anything that was not my requal card.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Great promo and thanks to PC for posting the 1,000 points instantly! ^
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Well perhaps I shouldn't have signed up so quick, I have a bunch more HH points coming. Anyone know what I should do if I have a larger balance now?

I haven't submitted verification yet...
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by MilesMonster
I closed the browser, started all over again, and got a message that I am already registered. I also got the 1k points. Now I am just wondering if my uploaded file went through or if I should fax it to make sure I am not disqualified.
I'd be fairly certain that the proof did not upload.

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle

I excluded the commas in my registration and was asked for verification. My HH balance is between 400k and 500k.
I think the safest bet would be for anyone who's not asked for proof to mail or fax it in anyway. For those with reasonably high balances it looks like a bug if you're not asked.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Well perhaps I shouldn't have signed up so quick, I have a bunch more HH points coming. Anyone know what I should do if I have a larger balance now?

I haven't submitted verification yet...
If you haven't submitted verification yet, you could write to PC customer service and offer to submit the screenshot and have them modify the info you entered earlier. When Mr. honu tried to submit the screenshot last week immediately after entering the promo, he was unable to, so he used a Contact Us link (probably in the promo page) and received an email response a few days later with an invitation to send a copy of the screenshot as an attachment to the reply. You might be able to have them do the same for you.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I was asked for verification with 40,000 on Thursday.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
I was asked for verification with 744,000 points yesterday as well...do they even send acknowledgement?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by honu
If you haven't submitted verification yet, you could write to PC customer service and offer to submit the screenshot and have them modify the info you entered earlier. When Mr. honu tried to submit the screenshot last week immediately after entering the promo, he was unable to, so he used a Contact Us link (probably in the promo page) and received an email response a few days later with an invitation to send a copy of the screenshot as an attachment to the reply. You might be able to have them do the same for you.
Thanks for the info, then again I can't quite access my account right now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.