Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 4:12 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I just noticed the 20k bonus in my account TY FT
Old Apr 1, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: Hilton, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
points posted

I had 3.6 million in my Hilton account and received my 20,000 points yesterday. So now you all know the winner had to have 3.6 million Plus.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hotelguydc
I had 3.6 million in my Hilton account and received my 20,000 points yesterday. So now you all know the winner had to have 3.6 million Plus.
welcome to ft....

you beat my 2mm+ by a long shot....not that i ever thought i had a chance....there must be hundreds (if not thousands) of hh members with more points than me....
Old Apr 1, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I contacted PCR to see if I was part of the 20K that won with my 90K because I saw people with 60K on this thread getting points.

They responded back saying that I was not part of the top 20K and will not be receiving points.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:08 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by saad
welcome to ft....

you beat my 2mm+ by a long shot....not that i ever thought i had a chance....there must be hundreds (if not thousands) of hh members with more points than me....
+1 on that. I'm still expecting an eight figure number to win.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:10 am

nothing for 59K+change, cut-off seems to be low 60's
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by ktremor
I contacted PCR to see if I was part of the 20K that won with my 90K because I saw people with 60K on this thread getting points.

They responded back saying that I was not part of the top 20K and will not be receiving points.
Weird... I suppose we all just keep waiting and watching and see what happens.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:39 am

I'd say that's just another example of how most of what the PCR customer service people say is unreliable and/or nonsense. Keep waiting, maybe you'll get something. There are people with way higher balances than you who still haven't received anything yet either.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: ICH Platinum Royal Ambassador Member, SPG Gold, Honnors Silver, Delta
I had about 50K honnors points and I just got 14k luckiest loser points credited to my account.

30 Mar 2010 PCR DINING 544 pts.

29 Mar 2010 HHONORS LUCKIEST LOSER CONTEST 14000 pts.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

My account balance was 75k, and I didn't receive anything beyond the initial 1k points.

Were you asked to submit proof of your account balance?

When I signed up for the promo, I wasn't asked to upload/fax anything, and I wasn't contacted later. And since I don't really follow PC closely, I never checked this thread to see that others were either asked or submitted proof without being prompted for it. So now, of course, I gotta wonder if it's (in my case) a case of "you snooze you lose".
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: IHG Amb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
Originally Posted by hotelguydc
Pleasant surprise to see the 20K in my account yesterday

bw, welcome to best forum that has its priorities straight
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dahorns

bw, welcome to best forum that has its priorities straight
Amen - its so nice to be in a forum where we focus on maximizing return from the program through sharing of info and 'technique.' Certain airline forums are starting to feel like 'combat zones.'
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
My account balance was 75k, and I didn't receive anything beyond the initial 1k points.

When I signed up for the promo, I wasn't asked to upload/fax anything, and I wasn't contacted later. And since I don't really follow PC closely, I never checked this thread to see that others were either asked or submitted proof without being prompted for it. So now, of course, I gotta wonder if it's (in my case) a case of "you snooze you lose".

I faxed in my Hhonors screen shot showing my account balance.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

One of the initial requirements when you signed up was that you submit proof of your HH balance, either by mail, fax, or uploading a screen shot.

I faxed mine in twice, just to make sure they got it. Of course, they lost it and sent me an email asking for it again, so I sent them a screen shot.

If you never sent them anything and never got any requests for anything, I can't say what would happen. Though it seems you missed a required element of the promo, others in the same boat reported getting points anyway.

Just PCR being consistently inconsistent again, I guess?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I got 20k from my 700k plus HHonors balance. Thanks. That was easy. Thank you SanDiego1k for keeping me in the loop. How do you use these things? j/k

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.