Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by crhptic
One of the initial requirements when you signed up was that you submit proof of your HH balance, either by mail, fax, or uploading a screen shot.
No it wasn't. Only certain HH point values triggered that request. (I suspect it was ~90K-100K+)

PC didn't request proof below that value they set - probably assuming that they would get 20K people above that level....

I never received a request for any further confirmation.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
One of the initial requirements when you signed up was that you submit proof of your HH balance, either by mail, fax, or uploading a screen shot.
I don't have access to the original T&Cs anymore, but from post 13 in this thread:

EDIT - found the T&C's:

What if I've been asked to submit additional verification?
In order to be eligible to receive the 20% point value or the 2 million point Luckiest Loser prize, we must verify your balance and need a current copy of your online Hilton HHonors account activity showing your available HHonors Rewards Points.
Like I said, I wasn't asked to submit additional verification. Of course the answer to the "what if" question seems to imply that you will be asked in order to be eligible to receive the 20%. My fault for not reading this in the T&C or, maybe worse, not following this thread. But it also seems that something went wrong here on PC's side, because looking back through this thread now, I see that some people were prompted to submit proof and others weren't.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I don't have access to the original T&Cs anymore, but from post 13 in this thread:
Like I said, I wasn't asked to submit additional verification. Of course the answer to the "what if" question seems to imply that you will be asked in order to be eligible to receive the 20%. My fault for not reading this in the T&C or, maybe worse, not following this thread. But it also seems that something went wrong here on PC's side, because looking back through this thread now, I see that some people were prompted to submit proof and others weren't.
The full terms are still online at http://www.pointsloser.priorityclub....and-conditions . I'm pasting them here in case they should disappear.
Code:
LUCKIEST LOSER COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS

You can participate in the Luckiest Loser Competition if you are a member of both the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) Priority Club® Rewards ("PCR") and Hilton HHonors® ("HHonors") programs as of January 31, 2010. All competition entries must be submitted by February 28, 2010 to www.priorityclub.com/lostsomething.

PCR will award two million Priority Club Points ("PC Points") to "The Luckiest Loser" — the entrant with the highest verified HHonors balance (based on verification provided along with entry, see requirements below). PCR will award additional prizes of PC Points to the top 20,000 competition entrants (based on their verified HHonors balances) equivalent to either, A) 20% of their Hilton HHonors balance (at the time of entry), or B) 20,000 Points, whichever is smaller. All participants who successfully complete a competition entry will immediately receive 1,000 PC Points in their account. Only one entry allowed per PCR member.

To participate, you may be required to provide a current, valid, copy of your Account Summary page from the Hilton HHonors website showing the Total Points currently in your Hilton HHonors account. The date shown on your Account Summary page must be between February 1-28, 2010. You may submit the copy of your Account Summary page using one of the following methods: 1) send a fax (to 770-642-8893 in the United States); 2) send a print-out by first-class mail (to P.O. Box 157; Roswell, GA 30077; USA) or 3) upload a screenshot of the page (at www.priorityclub.com/lostsomething). If submitting by fax or by mail, your HHonors Account Summary must be accompanied by a separate page on which you have printed your full name and your Priority Club Rewards member number. If submitting online, include the above information in the submission form and upload your Hilton HHonors activity statement as a JPEG or PDF file 2 MB or smaller. Faxed and online submissions must be received by 11:59:59 PM (U.S. Eastern Time) on February 28, 2010; mailed submissions must be received by March 5, 2010. If the required verification is not received by the time specified, your entry in the competition will be considered invalid without further notice, and you will no longer be eligible to receive additional prizes of PC Points. It is your responsibility to ensure that the verification is received on time, and Priority Club Rewards will not provide any additional reminders or requests for verification.

All PC Points awarded (with the exception of the 1,000 PC Points automatically awarded at the time of competition entry) will be deposited in qualifying entrants' PCR accounts within approximately one month following the end of this promotion. Mileage rewards will not be awarded in this promotion, regardless of the preference which may have been selected by the Member. No substitution of awards permitted by Member. If there are ties in submitted HHonors Points, duplicate awards will be given.

Potential recipient of 2,000,000 PCR Points will be notified by mail and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Release of Liability and a Publicity Release within 7 days of attempted notification. Failure to comply within this time period or return of notification as non-deliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and the entrant submitting the next highest verified HHonors Point balance will be notified as stated above. Verified recipient of 2,000,000 PCR Points will be obligated to participate in any press interviews designated by the IHG at times to be established by IHG (if legally permissible.) Any income tax due on the retail value of the awarded PCR Points will be the sole responsibility of recipient.

All Hilton HHonors account information submitted in this promotion is subject to additional verification. Any attempt at falsification or deception of any kind will result in disqualification and may also result in prosecution to the fullest extent permitted by law. Employees of the Intercontinental Hotels Group, Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and internet agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Promotion may end without notice.

For PCR Membership Terms and Conditions visit www.priorityclub.com. HHonors is a registered trademark of Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC. Hilton is a registered trademark of HLT DOMESTIC IP LLC. Priority Club is a registered trademark of Six Continents Hotels, Inc.
I bolded the relevant part. Submission of a screenshot was not universally required.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tiebomber
I had about 50K honnors points and I just got 14k luckiest loser points credited to my account.

30 Mar 2010 PCR DINING 544 pts.

29 Mar 2010 HHONORS LUCKIEST LOSER CONTEST 14000 pts.
Still nothing here. I was over 100k and submitted confirmed verification. I hoping they are still chunking thru the 20,000 winners.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I hoping they are still chunking thru the 20,000 winners.

For the benefit of those of us still waiting, it would be great if those who get points posted (and know that they didn't post yesterday or even earlier) could update this thread. I don't want to bug customer service with "where are my points" until it's reasonably clear they've finished posting.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Received an email from Priority Club congratulating me for "gaining back points" and encouraging me to turn my points into hotel stays and other great rewards

sdcarver
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
I got the email about 5 minutes ago. According to my account the 20,000 points posted 3/29. As long as they're there - woohoo!
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I just got the email and gained 20000 points as well!!
I thought it was another April Fools Joke, but it is posted!!
I had 240K hh points
Yipee!!

JudyJFLA
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
14,000 points here, a wonderful welcome but I'm not sure if this will convince me to come over. Nice gesture though, for a lowly HH Gold.

Just received my notification and checked my balance. 20k posted to my account dated 3/29.

HH balance was about 300k at the time of submission.

Thanks PC, that was easy!
In memoriam

FWIW I used a screen shot, then totally forgot about it until I got the email a few minutes ago.

Thanks to the OP!
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by sdcarver
Received an email from Priority Club congratulating me for "gaining back points" and encouraging me to turn my points into hotel stays and other great rewards

sdcarver
also rceived the same email few minutes ago. I am a looser, but PC points make me feel better. Thanks PC.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:26 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
My account balance was 75k, and I didn't receive anything beyond the initial 1k points.

Were you asked to submit proof of your account balance?

When I signed up for the promo, I wasn't asked to upload/fax anything, and I wasn't contacted later. And since I don't really follow PC closely, I never checked this thread to see that others were either asked or submitted proof without being prompted for it. So now, of course, I gotta wonder if it's (in my case) a case of "you snooze you lose".
Hmm. I had 77,000 HH points and got 20,000 PC points. As I said, I sent in a screen shot when I signed up because they asked for proof you had the points you claimed.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I just got 20,000 points posted as well. I did not send a screenshot after completing the survey.

Congratulations!
YOU’VE GAINED BACK PRIORITY CLUB® POINTS
You were one of the top 20,000 “Lucky Losers” in our competition, so we're “giving you back” 20% of your Hilton HHonors® balance in Priority Club points (up to 20,000 points). Your bonus points have already been deposited in your Priority Club account.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
My points posted 3/29. Received no e-mail but frankly was not looking for one so could have gone to trash. Faxed in balance showing 700k plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.