FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:09 am
MilesMonster

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
Originally Posted by Dromomaniac
I signed up for this promotion on February 15. I used the "snipping tool" in Windows to take a screenshot of my balance. I think I remember the site had a form that uploaded the JPEG file to their server, which I did.

Well, today I received an email that says:
Did anyone else experience a similar issue? I'm fairly certain that I correctly uploaded my point balance 3 weeks ago.

When I followed the link, the option to upload from the site was gone; the remaining options are to email, fax, or postal mail the balance, which must be received by March 12.

If you are unsure if your upload went through, you might consider using the link (above) and emailing your balance to PC.

The twist in all this is that, immediately following my submission 3 weeks ago, I burned a bunch of HH points. So, my balance is lower than it was when I entered the contest. Fortunately, I still had the screenshot I took in mid-February. Otherwise, I would have been mighty unhappy.
I got the same e-mail that my submission was incomplete. I had tried uploading my HH statement as a PDF. I got an error at the time, but when I tried to re-submit I got an error stating that I had already submitted.

Anyway, I had kept the PDF and e-mailed it to the address listed in their message on March 9. I got a confirmation message on March 19 that they received my complete submission.