Reload this Page >

New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite | IHG Platinum Elite | Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by kensiltra
Joined in May 2016, have been browsing FT for years though reading Trip Reports from the likes of SFO777/etc, thought it was time I might as well contribute.

I am 30, live in Michigan (USA) on the west side of the state, have a great career as a Director of IT for a large regional trucking/logistics company, married to the love of my life and have 2 beautiful girls. Most of my travel is for work in our regional area (Wisconsin, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan) and a bit of "leisure" travel as well. With remote/VPN access what it is today my travel has slowed down considerably over the years and thus have to some degree lost my "frequent" status. I tend to prefer "quality" travel over quantity of travel these days. With Michigan's gorgeous summer weather we tend to spend most of our summers out camping on the beach which is kind of a "mini" vacation every weekend!

Started my first trip report: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...dding-nyc.html

Have some travel coming up that I will write Trip Reports on, one is a Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean (2/25-3/4) flying United and the other is a work trip to Louisville, KY (3/8-3/11) with Delta.

Looking forward to contributing more, I know I have gleaned lots of useful information from these forums and the FF community as a whole!
Welcome kensiltra and great first trip report. I enjoyed the read.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Hi everyone

Hi,
My name is Scott. This is a great community. I fly about 65000 miles a year , but am always looking for mileage runs. So any suggestions for Delta runs or threads dedicated to that end would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards, Saga Club, KrisFlyer
Hi Flyer Talkers!
I've been with you a couple of weeks-- but I just spotted this thread. Great resource, great community!

I didn't think I'd get so sucked into the adult Pokemon hunt that these miles-and-points have been for me. But I did! It's been tons of fun, and very soon I'll have managed to pull together enough to kick off a really good vacation.

Thanks for being such a fount of willing information. Maybe someday I'll know enough to help a newbie. Right, enough, let's fly! Or talk.

Crittermonster
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:47 am

Hi there!

I peek in here and there.. just wanted to say HI
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by chewy1970
just wanted to say HI
Well Hi to you, and welcome.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:52 pm

Hi, I heard about this forum, read many postings and decided to join recently. This is a great forum and community.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Hi all. I'm a finance professional (in the boring sense of the word) with a wonderful wife who owns her own small business. I barely made AA Gold last year, which led me down the rabbit hole of collecting points and miles. Still working on convincing the wife that this isn't all some huge scam to fool us into thinking we'll get great airline travel if we just spend a lot of money. But our first FT-discovered trip is coming in May, and I'll post a report from the viewpoint of someone who's never been in a lounge or traveled above economy class.

Thanks for being so welcoming!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:45 pm

After lightly lurking for years, I finally decided to join since my schedule now allows me to travel more. I'm excited to be here \(^_^)/
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by LionBabe
I'm excited to be here
Well, welcome to you, LionBabe...and also new posters fortune88 and SightseeMC.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi , long time lurker. Just changed job from one where using social media was pretty much a no-no and all travel was in the very back so hoping to engage a bit on here now.

Based in the UK, background in human and organisational performance and safety. I'm the sort of person people call when their organisation had a really bad day and want to know why.

Much of my travel has been comped / varied operators, that I've never really achieved much status wise. Got to BA Silver last year and with more control over my own travel now aiming for more this year.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Posting

Learning the ins and outs of this site. Always on the lookout for good deals on Delta One.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Hi all. I'm a finance professional (in the boring sense of the word) with a wonderful wife who owns her own small business. I barely made AA Gold last year, which led me down the rabbit hole of collecting points and miles. Still working on convincing the wife that this isn't all some huge scam to fool us into thinking we'll get great airline travel if we just spend a lot of money. But our first FT-discovered trip is coming in May, and I'll post a report from the viewpoint of someone who's never been in a lounge or traveled above economy class.

Thanks for being so welcoming!
Be careful, lounges are addicting - luckily, that was my girlfriend's turning point

Welcome!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:54 pm

New user

Trying to figure this forum out. Just applied for my first rewards card with the intent of flying for free to Greece (maybe) next summer with my family of four.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KtotheOC
Trying to figure this forum out. Just applied for my first rewards card with the intent of flying for free to Greece (maybe) next summer with my family of four.
Welcome to FT

Frequent flyer award flight are not free. Depending on the airline/frequent flyer program/country there can be a small to significant cash co payment.

Frequent flyer awards start to become available 355/330 days out depending on the airline. Generally very few awards are available at short notice. People will be booking frequent flyer award flights for 2018 now. Getting 4 awards on the same flight is a very tough ask. Better to be thinking about 2019 for award flights with 2017-2018 to get the frequent flyer miles/cc points.

Look here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...faqs-more.html Click the wiki
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...forum-684.html
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Another newbie

Hi, everyone!

I'm Chris, originally from northern England, but now based in Moscow (by way of Riyadh) with my husband, working as an English teacher/exam tutor.

Been travelling since 2009 (a very late bloomer, alas), and ironically terrified of flying, yet still somehow clocked up 278000km/178000miles since then. 79 countries so far (plus HK and Guadeloupe) and counting, with trips across SE Asia, South America and potentially East/West Africa coming up

If I had to choose 3 favourites for airlines, airports, and countries, my votes would be:

Cathay Pacific, Turkish and Lufthansa
Seoul Incheon, Vienna and Copenhagen
Belarus, Saint Kitts and Nevis and Colombia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.