New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: DL, AA
Welcome to our newer members! Hope you are finding the info you need & enjoy your upcoming travels (& new luggage).
Old May 13, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Hello All!

I stumbled across FT performing a google search for business traveler advice. I began traveling for work 2 years ago and I am beginning to understand frequent travel programs. I do not fly much, but so far for this year (2017) I have driven more than 5,000 miles and have acquired 61 hotel nights. Within the past 2 weeks the knowledge I have gleaned has resulted in a hotel status match to my preferred chain. I'm eager to learn more from seasoned travelers.
Old May 14, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: AS
Homage:

Hi everyone. My name is (not) beckoa and I like points and miles.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:23 am

Hi, My name's Adam, I have been intersting in airlines and airports all my life. I have now acumulated some points on Virgin Aus which has a simple redemption program. Discovered that could transfer points to SQ. So my research begins. I nderstand about finding cheap flights and travel technology very well. Want to find obscure airlines and routes to fly and redeem

Last edited by Albert Hoffman; May 14, 2017 at 9:50 am
Old May 23, 2017, 7:20 pm

Smile I'm New

Hi Everyone I'm new here. In fact so new that I don't even know how I managed to get here to be able to write a post. I just clicked a link I think and here I am! Anyway I want to ask a number of questions but somehow I don't think this is the place that I am suppose to be doing that. Specifically about air travel in the middle east and Africa. Would appreciate any help out there. Looking forward to getting to know how to spend some quality time here!

Cheers,
Marlene
Old May 23, 2017, 7:38 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Oceansidevic
Hi Everyone I'm new here. In fact so new that I don't even know how I managed to get here to be able to write a post. I just clicked a link I think and here I am! Anyway I want to ask a number of questions but somehow I don't think this is the place that I am suppose to be doing that. Specifically about air travel in the middle east and Africa. Would appreciate any help out there. Looking forward to getting to know how to spend some quality time here!

Cheers,
Marlene
Welcome to Flyertalk, Marlene! I'm going to move this into our "new member roll call" thread. If you're asking a question that covers more than one Middle Eastern and/or African airline, you're welcome to start a new thread in the Information Desk, but it might be better to post it in:

Or our destination-specific Africa or Middle East forum if you're more interested in the destination or its airports, and less interested in air travel in the region.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Information Desk
Old May 24, 2017, 3:43 pm
aih

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Hello everyone. I joined a while ago, just now getting around to introductions.

I've started paying more attention to Flyer Talk more for purposes of awareness. I would hope to know about the road ahead, so so speak, before I get there.

About myself, I have been traveling for 40 years or so. The pace varies. Right now I'm a Delta Gold MM and Hilton Diamond member. I'm experienced but not into it, if you know what I mean. As I say, my reason for being a Flyer Talk observer is part of know about "it" before I encounter "it" rather than wondering about "it" after the fact.

Anyway, just letting everyone know I'm here, and I'm happy to be lurking here.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Hi all, recent member here. We recently retired (me-3 years, wife-7 months), and fly out of JNU, which makes SEA our primary hub. Of course, it also means AS is our main choice for flying. Since I retired, I've made MVP the first year and MVPG the subsequent 2 years. DW has been MVP and MVPG. We're both on track to reach Gold status again this year.

Since we're retired, we'll be looking to travel more distantly and hope to use this forum for ideas, travel do's and don'ts. Thanks.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:10 pm

Test post.

I joined back in April but for some reason I couldn't post. I finally gave up and created a new account today.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by skishopgirly
Test post.

I joined back in April but for some reason I couldn't post. I finally gave up and created a new account today.
You have passed the test, skishopgirly. Congratulations, and welcome to you.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Akck
Hi all, recent member here. We recently retired (me-3 years, wife-7 months), and fly out of JNU, which makes SEA our primary hub. Of course, it also means AS is our main choice for flying. Since I retired, I've made MVP the first year and MVPG the subsequent 2 years. DW has been MVP and MVPG. We're both on track to reach Gold status again this year.

Since we're retired, we'll be looking to travel more distantly and hope to use this forum for ideas, travel do's and don'ts. Thanks.
Welcome to Flyertalk Akck. Stopped in JNU earlier in the month on the milk run Had a layover but was able to stay on the a/c. Missed out on Alaskan Brewing Company, but made it home earlier ^
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:14 pm

Greetings!

Hi there! I am MichaelLoveEarth~
Great to find out I was not along in terms of mileage run. (Not really know the term before reaching in forum though)~
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Welcome, MichaelLoveEarth. You'll learn so much here that your family will think you're crazy. It's all good.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Greetings

Hello all. My name is Dave and I am about to become a FF on the West Coast. I have already started in on the Info Desk Sticky threads and the Alaska threads as well as a few CC threads. So much info to absorb, but I think I will get enough figured out that I won't make dumb mistakes although I know that is inevitable.

Thanks for this place and all the info and what seems like a very active community.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Albert Hoffman
Hi, My name's Adam, I have been intersting in airlines and airports all my life. I have now acumulated some points on Virgin Aus which has a simple redemption program. Discovered that could transfer points to SQ. So my research begins. I nderstand about finding cheap flights and travel technology very well. Want to find obscure airlines and routes to fly and redeem
Hello, am new here. Just signed up and am still trying to navigate the site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.