New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Nanook
Welcome, MichaelLoveEarth. You'll learn so much here that your family will think you're crazy. It's all good.
LOL Looking forward to that
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: United, SPG Gold
Hi all, I just joined but have been lurking for a while and have gotten a whole lot of great insight from the threads on this forum. I travel a few days per month for work and hope to maximize my FF, hotel, and rental car programs in addition to getting some insight on how to become a pro traveler like the rest of you!
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:30 pm

Hi all,

Just joined today and wanted to say hello. I have been using this site for a while now, but never signed up. Thought it was about time. Thanks for all the useful information you guys have provided.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:28 pm

Hi I am Sundiata. I have recently become interested in traveling and will be flying out of the country for the very first time. (headed to Egypt in two weeks!) I have almost become obsessed with knowing as much as possible about points/miles after obtaining two travel rewards cards. I enjoy being active on forums and look forward to communicating with many traveling ones on here! Thanks for having me!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by sundi712
Hi I am Sundi...look forward to communicating with many traveling ones on here! Thanks for having me!
Welcome to you, Sundi !
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:33 am

Hello everyone! My name is Eric and the older I get the more I want to travel and see the world. I have stumbled upon this site and think it will be a great resource for planning my first international trip! I look forward to interacting with you all like minded traverls
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:12 pm

My name is Mladyfred - I worked in Travel for up words of 20 years - I lived in London, Paris, Toronto, Waterloo (Elmira) and San Diego.

I have just started to travel again - and loving it!

Mladyfred
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:21 pm

Michael checking in.

Michael checking in here. I got hooked with the SW companion pass a few years ago for the family. The wife and I had the points adding our children as companions. We got the Hyatt card and took a trip without them with the free hotel nights. Now we're looking to head to Hawaii and trying to figure out how to do that currently with the Chase Sapphire 120k points and 110k Delta points. I've been looking around but still need direction (Korean Air, etc). I'm open to any suggestions.

TIA
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:31 am

Hello everyone,

Very first post here. I'm Tejas Jasani. I'm from India. Founder-CEO, TheAppGuruz, a Mobile Game Development Company with 500+ games and over 7 million players globally.

• Speaker at Dell Futurist, GDG, GBG and other events
  • Provider of strategic inputs to own company and elsewhere
  • Mentor to Startups
  • Blogger at The AppGuruz and other sites

So, everything on here will be a nice addition to my knowledge and hopefully I can grow into it more and more.

Cheers.^
-Tejas
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus. amex rewards
Thanks for the Information

Hi, I'm Andy. Plan to retire soon and am keen to expand my travel, while controlling expense. Site seemed like a good place to start!

Have been a united Gold since 1998 but tend to prefer non-chain hotels, though, ironically, i am a Starwood, Accor and Hyatt member.

Thanks again.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, DL SM
Hello from MSY!

Hi all FlyerTalkers,

I'm Paul - long-time lurker, first-time poster. As a young professional, I find myself moving travel up the ladder of priorities in life. I travel mostly by car for work (in a region around New Orleans), thus the IHG and Hilton statuses.

I finally made Silver Medallion on Delta this year (my 2nd home base and company headquarters are in Detroit, so DL is convenient), and am weighing the options to shoot for Gold this year (to enjoy it next year when I have more vacation time), or to stockpile some MQMs and shoot for Gold next year. To make it this year, I'd have to get creative with mileage runs or go for the Reserve DL amex (I already have the Gold DL Amex and CSR) and hit the 30k spend... might not be possible.

I'm hoping FlyerTalk can help over time with the travel bugaboos I've run into (Terrible parking options at MSY, running into closed lounges when I'm expecting to shower... looking at you, LAX!) and help me be better prepared for travel, including internationally next year. Glad to finally be on the forums officially!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:19 am
TDV

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here and just decided to join.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:36 am

Greetings everyone! I've been reading the forums for a few weeks and casually earning sign up bonuses for about 24 months but I'm looking to leverage these strategies a little more efficiently, so thank you in advance to everyone on FlyerTalk for such an amazing resource.

In my week or so reading so far though I've noticed that a lot of acronyms are used throughout the forums which make it challenging to follow a thread sometimes. Does anyone know if there is a list of acronyms to help me get up to speed faster?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns
Greetings everyone! I've been reading the forums for a few weeks...Does anyone know if there is a list of acronyms to help me get up to speed faster?
Welcome to you.
About acronyms, at the very bottom of each page you will see Glossary and Airport Code Lookup.
Click on them to search for the meanings of abbreviations, acronyms, and codes.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by muji
Welcome to you.
About acronyms, at the very bottom of each page you will see Glossary and Airport Code Lookup.
Click on them to search for the meanings of abbreviations, acronyms, and codes.
Brilliant, thanks mate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.