FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Member Roll Call!
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:22 pm
Paulharmo

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, DL SM
Hello from MSY!

Hi all FlyerTalkers,

I'm Paul - long-time lurker, first-time poster. As a young professional, I find myself moving travel up the ladder of priorities in life. I travel mostly by car for work (in a region around New Orleans), thus the IHG and Hilton statuses.

I finally made Silver Medallion on Delta this year (my 2nd home base and company headquarters are in Detroit, so DL is convenient), and am weighing the options to shoot for Gold this year (to enjoy it next year when I have more vacation time), or to stockpile some MQMs and shoot for Gold next year. To make it this year, I'd have to get creative with mileage runs or go for the Reserve DL amex (I already have the Gold DL Amex and CSR) and hit the 30k spend... might not be possible.

I'm hoping FlyerTalk can help over time with the travel bugaboos I've run into (Terrible parking options at MSY, running into closed lounges when I'm expecting to shower... looking at you, LAX!) and help me be better prepared for travel, including internationally next year. Glad to finally be on the forums officially!