New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:27 am

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum. I am here to share some interesting tips and ideas related to traveling and adventure. I love traveling to new places. I hope it will be a great fun to be a part of this great community.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:23 am

have been reading forum and enjoy all the postings and updates
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: SW, AA
Checking In

I had heard about this forum a few times, but decided to check it out and its quite fascinating. I love educating myself and I can see that this can be quite involved. I look forward to going through the information and learning all that I can. Thanks everyone!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:23 pm

I'm dcbbq, joining in August 2014. I use DCA (usually when someone else is paying), BWI (for SW) and IAD (international only), with most points on Delta and SW. For hotels I am pretty Marriott-loyal
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA, Costco Exec, Club Carlson,
Just joined after reading posts off and on for years. I am now traveling monthly for work and am realizing there are tricks and tips I need to learn. Travel almost exclusively on UA out of EWR and prefer Marriott properties, but keep getting put up in Carlson properties of late. Looking forward to learning from everyone.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: BA EC/ Virgin FF/Marriott rewards/ HiltonH
Wish i had discovered this site years ago!

Hello All,

Joined yesterday after kicking myself for hours on end.....the information i have acquired so far is priceless and no doubt will save me a lot of time, money and energy. I look forward to expanding my knowledge base further and will be more than happy to impart any tips or info i come across which will most likely be absolutely nothing in comparison to the nuggets here.

Best wishes.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: Skyteam
Newbie with lots of miles

I've always used this site as a resource but never became a member until today. Over the years, I'm sure I squandered many opportunities to maximise my miles use and vouchers, etc. and am hoping to never fly economy again

Diamond medallion on Skyteam with 360k miles in the bank, 500k towards million miler status, 4 global upgrade certificates, 500 USD in Delta vouchers and 200 Euro in AirFrance vouchers. Self-employed consultant based in Johannesburg but have 14 global territories in my portfolio from Thailand to South America.

So... where to begin? I would like to find out how to book JNB-PHL flights for November/December without throwing away my money or my miles like I've previously done.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:21 am

Hi, I am new to flyertalk . Love to travel, but my job does not include any so I just travel for interest/fun. Been reading for a few weeks but finally joined today. Interested in ways to maximize my travel budget, get a little status, and an upgrade now and then and have fun.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I literally just joined your community.

I am hoping to get some good advice for MR in the short term, but I am also looking forward to being part of the community in the future.

Cheers!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:28 pm

Hello all,

Got a bit of the travel bug, but after paying way too much for our last trip, decided I'd finally better check out the whole mileage points thingie, and FlyerTalk was the one consistent resource that seemed to be referenced everywhere.

Looking forward to spending way too many hours reading (and re-reading and re-reading) all the valuable information everyone has been so kind and generous enough to share.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:42 pm

Hello, I've been a lurker on flyertalk for maybe 7 years now. I've traveled about... 150-300 nights/per year for over 7 years now. Hopefully this number will drop significantly soon.

Thank you flyertalk for all your help over the years! I was so surprised today to find that i did not have my own account, so here I am!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Diamond, Hhonors
Another longtime lurker but recent joiner. Funny, I have so often referred new frequent travelers here to learn but never joined myself. I decided to join today because life is changing! Inevitable and nothing bad in fact it will be great. Bottom line, I need to learn a few new travel tips and tricks and maybe an old dog can help some younger ones with a few things. Delta Gold, missed Plat for the first time in about 8 years but it seemed to not matter at the time; Hyatt Diamond; Hhonors. Mrs. Southern, an infrequent business traveler, just retired. I have max 5 years left and am eyeing a couple of options to hang it up a few years early. Thus, the changes and I decided some plotting to be set for future travel is a must in retirement planning! Looking forward to playing with you good folks.

Last edited by TheSouthernGent; Sep 1, 2014 at 6:16 am Reason: Autocorrect!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Welcome to all!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:11 pm
rhr

Been traveling for business off and on for 17 years, and somehow just discovered flyertalk today, thank the googles.

Wrapping up six months of Mon-Thu in New Orleans and heading to 12 months in NYC, will be visiting various corners of your forums for quality of life advice on lower Manhattan, airports, Delta, etc. Happy to share my own recent experience with ORD, MSY, CLT, AA, US.

And I guess I'll be learning a lot of new acronyms, glad I stumbled across your glossary.

Safe travels.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:16 pm

Hello! Im Frank and am based out of Playa del Carmen Mexico and Miami, FL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.