Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:20 pm

Successfully enrolled from Singapore today; except for a few hardware issues (which kind of reminded me of the AADHAAR enrolment process!), it was a very smooth and a cordial affair!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:08 am

Took my scheduled appointment at Philly airport as I was flying into the US for a meeting. On landing at JFK airport they had a sign that all who were approved could without appointment before immigration have their fingerprinting & interview done. I branched off to the designated lane (A). Due to a heavy incoming rush they were very busy & advised me that the wait time would be in excess of an hour & to proceed with my scheduled interview the next day at PHL. I agreed & they most graciously walked me thru the diplomatic channel so I would not have to stand in line.

Went to PHL airport international arrivals for the interview at the scheduled time. Wait time 1 minute, interview fingerprinting & photographs about 5 mins & then showed me how to use the card & the do's & donts as well as if I forget the card or the passport changes etc. Thanked me & vice versa & was on my way. Within 30 mins received email with the Global entry number which is also a TSA pre number. The card will be delivered in 2 weeks to a US address only.

So this is how it works.

When booking your ticket & or checking in give your Global entry number to upload. This gives you TSA pre access & you will never be stripped searched or taken aside plus you get to use the faster lines. On arrival go to the Global entry kiosk. Scan your passport & follow instructions on screen. Get receipt & walk out. Apparently card not required. At land border to Mexico & Canada it is card swipe.

Next visit next month so will be able to use the kiosk for the first time & hopefully get my card. good to go!!!!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You will not get a card.... the KTN (aka PASSID) and your pasport is enough. Sadly having a GE PASSID doesn't spare you of the dreaded SSSS... so keep changing your underwear
TWA884 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You will not get a card.... the KTN (aka PASSID) and your pasport is enough. Sadly having a GE PASSID doesn't spare you of the dreaded SSSS... so keep changing your underwear
Hmm she specifically told me I get a card if I have a US address....well time will tell.

Yes the Dreaded SSSS, since I have stuck to one airline & am a Platinum them for years have not been felt up so had almost forgotten about wearing the Undies. Last time I got that SSSS was when I most definitely pissed the check in person off.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:54 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Dev Lall
Hmm she specifically told me I get a card if I have a US address....well time will tell.
She's wrong. Only US citizens and Green Card holders and Mexican citizens get the GE card.

From the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website:
Global Entry Card

Global Entry cards are issued to Global entry members who are U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents and Mexican nationals.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: United MP Gold
I got conditional approval this week.
- PSK interview: Jan 10, 2018
- Police Verification: Jan 12, 2018
- Conditional Approval: Aug 28, 2018
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:39 pm

My wife just got conditional approval.
- PSK interview: December 27, 2017
- Police Verification: December 28, 2017
- Conditional Approval: August 31, 2018

My PSK interview was on Jan 18, 2018. No update yet.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You will not get a card....
If the Indian citizen is a US LPR with a US address, then they may get a GE card. There are Indian citizens who reside most of the year in India and are yet US LPRs with a US address.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If the Indian citizen is a US LPR with a US address, then they may get a GE card. There are Indian citizens who reside most of the year in India and are yet US LPRs with a US address.
That's because they are an LPR aka Green Card holder, who have long been able to get Global Entry regardless of any CBP agreement with their native country. Indian green card holders do not need to get a police verification done in India, they just go through the same process a US citizen would go through.

Whether a LPR should be living 'most' of their time outside the USA is another matter. For one, your primary residence for Global Entry, legal, and immigration purposes is more or less dependent on where you spend 183 days out of the year Two, not fulfilling your 183 day requirements over multiple years can be grounds for cancelation of the Green Card. And they keep exit / entry records now based on passenger manifests and land exits to Canada so you can't really fib on your dates of travel (ie dates outside the USA), like people may have been able to do in the past.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:10 pm

GEP conditional approval

Any further updates from anyone with GEP conditional approval from India side? One of my friends who went through the PSK / police verification process sometime end of January this year recently got his conditional approval. My PSK / police verification was done some time mid February. Still no updates for me.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:16 pm

Finally, after 1 year 1 month, my GEP application got conditionally approved yesterday. Luckily, I got an appointment for an interview at the airport today. I just used twitter for query and not sure if it helped me!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:06 pm

Wow that’s good to know. Can you please let me know who and how you contacted via Twitter ?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by vv81
Wow that’s good to know. Can you please let me know who and how you contacted via Twitter ?
@CPVIndia @MEAQuery @rpohyderabad

Used these handle's
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by cubebot
@CPVIndia @MEAQuery @rpohyderabad

Used these handle's
thats great and did you have to give any case number or any other details in Twitter?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by vv81

thats great and did you have to give any case number or any other details in Twitter?
It's better if you provide your file#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.