Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
This thread in the India forum contains useful information on completing the requisite portion of the application process in India:

India joins US Global Entry programme

The following was copied verbatim from the DHS website:

Global Entry for Indian Citizens

How to Apply for Global Entry:

Citizens of India are eligible for Global Entry. Applications must be submitted through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.

Application Process:
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, www.passportindia.gov.in for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.
  3. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.
  4. Schedule an Interview in the U.S.: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your TTP account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers. Global Entry Enrollment Centers are primarily located within the United States at ports of entry and designated CBP facilities.
  5. Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A U.S. Customs Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect your fingerprints.
  6. Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Other Benefits:

Once a citizen of India is enrolled in Global Entry, he/she will also be eligible to participate in TSA Precheck. Visit the TSA Precheck program website for more information.

Travel Requirements:

All Indian Global Entry members must have a valid passport and a valid visa. Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP. If a Global Entry member obtains a new visa, or obtains a new petition for a work visa, the member must notify CBP in-person at a Global Entry enrollment center. A member must visit an enrollment center to have CBP add visa and/or update visa information. If the visa information is incomplete or not properly updated with CBP, the Global Entry kiosk may incorrectly calculate the member’s class of admission and admission date. A member must visit an enrollment center in-person to add or update visa information.

Last modified: May 17, 2018
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA

MoU has been signed between India and US governments to allows Indian citizens participate in Global Entry [timeline TBD].

Hellz yeah!

http://livefromalounge.boardingarea....ntry-confirmed

Update: According to this site http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/52749795.cms once could start applying by August.

Last edited by daKav; Jun 17, 2016 at 3:42 pm Reason: update
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance (Gold), HHonors (Diamond), Emerald Club (Exec Elite), SPG Plat, Clubcarlson Gold

Any Indian citizens living in US applied for Global Entry? CBP is accepting applications.

BUT...

Here's what I realized, anyone know if something can be done?

- I applied online on the CBP website. It now accepts applications from Indian citizens

- Once submitted, it seems a background verification notice also goes to the Indian government (as expected)

- I received an email from India's passport services department. Need to go online and register and initiate a background check. All that's fine - EXCEPT it won't accept a foreign residential address (I live in US) and expects you to set up an appointment in an Indian passport office!

So there's lots of us who live in the US, have been here for years - does it mean we can't complete global entry procedures since we're not currently living in India?

Anyone figured if there's a way out - an interview in an Indian consulate perhaps?

Or was I one of those excited characters who jumped the gun too quickly
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by f.cerberus
Any Indian citizens living in US applied for Global Entry? CBP is accepting applications.

BUT...

Here's what I realized, anyone know if something can be done?

- I applied online on the CBP website. It now accepts applications from Indian citizens

- Once submitted, it seems a background verification notice also goes to the Indian government (as expected)

- I received an email from India's passport services department. Need to go online and register and initiate a background check. All that's fine - EXCEPT it won't accept a foreign residential address (I live in US) and expects you to set up an appointment in an Indian passport office!

So there's lots of us who live in the US, have been here for years - does it mean we can't complete global entry procedures since we're not currently living in India?

Anyone figured if there's a way out - an interview in an Indian consulate perhaps?

i am in the same boat. Will try to contact SF consulate to see if they can help. Otherwise, there go the $100.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance (Gold), HHonors (Diamond), Emerald Club (Exec Elite), SPG Plat, Clubcarlson Gold
@gtg - let me know if you find something, I will do the same.

Boggles my mind that they didn't think of this basic requirement given how many Indians reside in the US!
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:02 pm

Did you all figure out if the consulates in the US work? Since they technically do issue passports, can they also be used as substitute for passport offices?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:51 pm

anot - I think we all should independently call, verify and put some pressure. The issue is that the online system simply won't let you complete the procedure unless you choose an Indian residential address and passport office - so you're kind of stuck and unable to proceed.

And the geniuses who programmed the system even put a 'if in India' in front of the state/district, but the form won't work if you try any non-Indian address or phone number!

Originally Posted by anot
Did you all figure out if the consulates in the US work? Since they technically do issue passports, can they also be used as substitute for passport offices?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:51 pm

Me too on same boat. Got mail from Indian passport office to schedule back ground verification in India after submitting GEP application . I tweeted Indian embassy. Waiting for there reply.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by f.cerberus
Aren't we all! I also applied just now, had the $100 from Amex Platinum available to use. :-)
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:53 am

Crap, I applied just before I came across this thread. Is there a deadline on when to schedule the verification in India? If the consulate does not work, I'm hoping I can do it the next time I go to India.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am going to call the Indian Embassy today to see if there is any recourse.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:43 am

Any update on this yet?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:55 pm

Contacted the Indian Embassy to ask if they can process folks already living the USA. Haven't heard back anything yet. Whoever was in charge of planning this did not consider all the scenarios and left a gaping hole. I'm also slightly mad that the GOES website did not mention this step in their website at all.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:00 pm

mountaineer - gaping hole would be an understatement considering how big the Indian community in the US is! more like gaping ocean

nothing from my end, but I'll try Friday again.

my chase reserve pays the $100 so at least I don't have to cry.

Originally Posted by mountaineer
Contacted the Indian Embassy to ask if they can process folks already living the USA. Haven't heard back anything yet. Whoever was in charge of planning this did not consider all the scenarios and left a gaping hole. I'm also slightly mad that the GOES website did not mention this step in their website at all.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Try to grab Sushma Swaraj by the Twitter?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:35 pm

You guys might have already seen this update on the CBP website.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/international-arrangements/global-entry-indian-citizens
  1. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.

But obviously we were all faster than the system!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.