Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Old Nov 4, 18, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by cubebot View Post
It's better if you provide your file#
which file no you mean???
Old Dec 5, 18, 9:25 am

Has anyone received a conditional approval recently? I raised a grievance through the Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) and got a response that the file is pending with the Ministry of Finance. No idea how to proceed as the Ministry of Finance is not listed on the CPGRAMS system.

I applied in December 2017 and finished police verification in January 2018.
Old Dec 5, 18, 11:21 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K, VS Silver, EY Silver
Originally Posted by indianexpatinusa View Post
Has anyone received a conditional approval recently? I raised a grievance through the Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) and got a response that the file is pending with the Ministry of Finance. No idea how to proceed as the Ministry of Finance is not listed on the CPGRAMS system.

I applied in December 2017 and finished police verification in January 2018.
I've been waiting since Dec 2017 as well. Finance minstry is broken down into revenue/economic affairs/expenditure/financial services. I'm not sure which one is so concerned about GEP. Maybe raise it with all one by one.
I
Old Dec 5, 18, 11:21 am

Programs: AA, UA
I applied and did PSK stuff in early June when I was in India (BLR if that matters). Today, I got approval email.
Old Yesterday, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Acid View Post
I've been waiting since Dec 2017 as well. Finance minstry is broken down into revenue/economic affairs/expenditure/financial services. I'm not sure which one is so concerned about GEP. Maybe raise it with all one by one.
I
Raised grievances with all the departments. Also filed an RTI with MEA. Hope I won't have my passport confiscated in pursuit of Global Entry.
Old Yesterday, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K, VS Silver, EY Silver
Originally Posted by indianexpatinusa View Post
Raised grievances with all the departments. Also filed an RTI with MEA. Hope I won't have my passport confiscated in pursuit of Global Entry.
I raised grievance with MEA and MinFIn. Interestingly the grievance raised with Finance Ministry was answered by MEA as follows

Information regarding status of verification carried out by Indian authorities and communicated to US CBP authorities will NOT be disclosed to the applicants or the general public as this information is being collected on behalf of the US Government, under a bilateral agreement. You may visit following link : https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in...e/gepOnlineApp
Old Today, 9:57 am

Programs: EY
What an utter mess this continues to be. It should not take 12 months to unnecessarily process clearance through 13 different agencies for this US based program. We do police clearance for our passport application, and that takes only a day or so, so why does it take so long for this program that doesn't even effect India? There are people who have been born, received their Indian passport, applied for and been approved for USA immigrant visas , and moved to the US in the span of that 12 months. Utterly ridiculous that this takes so long for a program such as this.