Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 2, 19, 1:22 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:
Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 7, 18, 1:25 pm

I just got conditionally approved! Just got an email from CBP TTP. Finally! Phew!

Submitted GEP application at PSK on October 25 2017
Police verification November 1st 2017
Approved June 7 2018

I have a question. My current H1B visa expires on June 21st. My i94 is valid till June 30. My H1B visa renewal petition was filed by premium processing just yesterday. There are dates available for interview tomorrow itself. Should I go ahead and schedule the interview? Will I be granted Global entry even if my visa expires in 2 weeks?

Also what documents should I take to the interview?
Old Jun 8, 18, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by siddhuv89 View Post
I just got conditionally approved! Just got an email from CBP TTP. Finally! Phew!

Submitted GEP application at PSK on October 25 2017
Police verification November 1st 2017
Approved June 7 2018

I have a question. My current H1B visa expires on June 21st. My i94 is valid till June 30. My H1B visa renewal petition was filed by premium processing just yesterday. There are dates available for interview tomorrow itself. Should I go ahead and schedule the interview? Will I be granted Global entry even if my visa expires in 2 weeks?

Also what documents should I take to the interview?
Hi siddhuv89 - please complete your appointment prior to the visa expiry. You will be able to start using TSA- pre benefits after expiry. However, once you get your new visa stamped, you need to visit any of the Global Entry facilities to get your new visa details into the systems. Once you complete that process, you will be able to start using global entry again. please read the CBP website -- all the details are listed out there.
rockies711 and siddhuv89 like this.
Old Jun 8, 18, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by fishbowl27 View Post
Hi siddhuv89 - please complete your appointment prior to the visa expiry. You will be able to start using TSA- pre benefits after expiry. However, once you get your new visa stamped, you need to visit any of the Global Entry facilities to get your new visa details into the systems. Once you complete that process, you will be able to start using global entry again. please read the CBP website -- all the details are listed out there.
Thanks a lot. Was very helpful. The expiry date for global entry and TSA Pre check is by default 5 years or is it tied to your i94 or visa expiry date?
Old Jun 8, 18, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by siddhuv89 View Post
Thanks a lot. Was very helpful. The expiry date for global entry and TSA Pre check is by default 5 years or is it tied to your i94 or visa expiry date?
Default 5 years.
siddhuv89 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 18, 6:49 pm

I too got conditional approval yesterday. Finally!! I had applied online on July 4, 2017 but hadn't gone in for police verification in India until early November.
Old Jun 10, 18, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by rockies711 View Post
I too got conditional approval yesterday. Finally!! I had applied online on July 4, 2017 but hadn't gone in for police verification in India until early November.
Hey did you reach out to anyone after the verification or just waited for ~6 months ?
Old Jun 11, 18, 9:57 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
Originally Posted by rockies711 View Post
Congratulations !!!. Very surprising, I had my Police Verification done in Sept 29 2017 and till now i dont see Conditional Approval email. Not sure how or on what basis they are providing approvals. Next month July 5th will be first year anniversary of my application completion in TTP website without approval. :-D :-D
Old Jun 12, 18, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by therani.arch View Post
Hey did you reach out to anyone after the verification or just waited for ~6 months ?
I had submitted a Service Request on Passport Seva's Web site back in March, and was informed that although my police report was received, "other reports" were not available yet. After that, I just waited as there was nothing else that could be done.
Old Jun 12, 18, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by BruceWaine View Post
Congratulations !!!. Very surprising, I had my Police Verification done in Sept 29 2017 and till now i dont see Conditional Approval email. Not sure how or on what basis they are providing approvals. Next month July 5th will be first year anniversary of my application completion in TTP website without approval. :-D :-D
Not sure if this really mattered, but I have been filing my tax returns in India for the past few years. Not that I owed anything, but I wanted to have some form of record with the IT department there. Given the Ministry of Finance is one of the agencies that provides approval, I have been wondering if my filing returns in India helped in any way.

I hope you get your conditional approval soon!
BruceWaine likes this.
Old Jun 13, 18, 1:03 pm

Hoping someone can help me out. Great to see a lot of people are getting approvals and slowly moving towards being a part of the program!

I applied last August and I am currently on a F1 visa (student visa), but also have a B1/B2 and soon may have an L2 visa (which means my F1 will be canceled I believe as I won't need it). I am assuming that somewhere along the line, it was decided that as a student visa holder I would not need Global Entry (they sort of alluded to this when I was at the PSK almost a year ago).

What I am wondering is, is there a chance that I have not heard anything because the Indian government decided I do not need GE as a F1 visa holder? I am also wondering if it is possible to cancel my application and reapply under L2 visa if I end up getting it? Alternatively, any F1 visa holders on this forum who have seen success?
Old Jun 19, 18, 1:21 pm

Programs: DNA
Originally Posted by ss1710 View Post
Hoping someone can help me out. Great to see a lot of people are getting approvals and slowly moving towards being a part of the program!

I applied last August and I am currently on a F1 visa (student visa), but also have a B1/B2 and soon may have an L2 visa (which means my F1 will be canceled I believe as I won't need it). I am assuming that somewhere along the line, it was decided that as a student visa holder I would not need Global Entry (they sort of alluded to this when I was at the PSK almost a year ago).

What I am wondering is, is there a chance that I have not heard anything because the Indian government decided I do not need GE as a F1 visa holder? I am also wondering if it is possible to cancel my application and reapply under L2 visa if I end up getting it? Alternatively, any F1 visa holders on this forum who have seen success?

I think there is nothing to do with your visa. Any valid visa holders are eligible and can apply for GEP. Correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by Dam A; Jun 19, 18 at 1:43 pm
Old Jun 20, 18, 1:09 am

I know F1 is eligible and can apply, but I am wondering if the Indian government has some sort of like, why would a student need Global Entry type mentality? It has been almost a year, but from what I remember at the PSK one of the people checking my documents sort of made a remark towards that. Additionally the bulk of approvals here seem to be those on H1B visas so was just wondering.
Old Jun 20, 18, 8:28 am

Programs: DNA
Originally Posted by ss1710 View Post
I know F1 is eligible and can apply, but I am wondering if the Indian government has some sort of like, why would a student need Global Entry type mentality? It has been almost a year, but from what I remember at the PSK one of the people checking my documents sort of made a remark towards that. Additionally the bulk of approvals here seem to be those on H1B visas so was just wondering.

Okay. I know one of my friend's brother applied for GEP program and he is on F1. He said PSK people just verified the documents and didn't asked or said any to him. I can recheck with him again. Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 18, 11:32 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
Finally Finally Got my Conditional Approval Yesterday June 21th, I have also scheduled an interview at nearest airport for next week too.
Its been a while for this almost an year since applied online.
Timelines:
- Created profile and applied online July 2017,
- Passport office visit in September 2017 last week
- Police verification done September 2017 last week,
Waited for like 8-9 months to get conditional approval
- Conditional Approval June 2018
- Interview scheduled June 2018

The timelines may be varying for other people. could be much shorter delay or longer.
rockies711 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 18, 7:20 am

Programs: EY
What kind of US visa do you have, and what country do you live in? I think if everyone added this info to their timeliness it would be helpful for everyone.

Search this Thread