Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:29 pm

FWIW:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/63922013.cms
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
With passport offices now entrusted with carrying out background verification for those applying for a US visa under the US Global Entry Programme (GEP), the process is expected to become hassle-free
Who do they pay to write such unresearched crap?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Who do they pay to write such unresearched crap?
This is the most ridiculous article I've read - I assume the reporter does not understand what GEP means! "Apply for visas". Ridiculous!
Old May 1, 2018, 4:42 am

So finally police verification was done today on the day i was to leave back for the US, guy didnt know about GEP and wrote I have been in US and only reached India on my most recent date of arrival. He passed my report. Not expecting anything to happen now. Trust Indian Govt. to kill amazing benefits with red tape.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: EY
Any NRIs here, under B1/B2 visa, who have been approved. From what I gather, most of the people approved are under work visas such as H1B, while regular resident Indians are still in holding since July. But does anyone know of any Non Resident Indians, under regular tourist visas, who have been approved?
Old May 4, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by xobile
Any NRIs here, under B1/B2 visa, who have been approved. From what I gather, most of the people approved are under work visas such as H1B, while regular resident Indians are still in holding since July. But does anyone know of any Non Resident Indians, under regular tourist visas, who have been approved?
B1\B2 holders can use Automated Passport Control kiosks at US airports. Of course, the lines are sometimes quite long, but it's an alternative while you wait to get approved for GEP.

H1B holders can't use Automated Passport Control.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:43 pm

So, I was able to use GE lane at JFK on a recent out of country trip. It took less than 2min for 3 passports. I didn't see anyone else in GE lane - I think my flight was only flight deplaning at that time else its hard to see JFK POE with relatively thin crowd. Many folks were in the APC kiosk lane.

Couple of things:
- Since there is no stamping so receipt generated by machine is only proof of entry. Two receipts are generated for non-US passport - one was kept by the officer while existing immigration zone. Other was for us to keep. This receipt is not I-94. I was thinking it to have I-94 info as well but it didn't.
- I-94 will get generated electronically like the way it works.
- All the dates and other visa information were correctly pre-populated after scanning the passport. So, we just had to hit next.

All in all, I do enjoy having NOT having to explain the "purpose of visit" and showing I-797 at POE. That's more valuable to me than saving few min of time and breezing through. That gets negated by baggage claim time anyway unless I start making international trip with just hand baggage.
rockies711 likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: Etihad Guest, JetBlue TrueBlue, Avianca LifeMiles, KLM FlyingBlue
At least you got the GE. Baggage and other associated issues can't be helped. I absolutely hate having to go through the same immigration song and dance every time I leave the country especially at trash airports like Newark. I travel quite frequently and on tight schedules so I'd really appreciate the extra couple of hours that GE will add to my day, if it ever comes through. Been waiting since Sept 2017 now and shows no signs of progress.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
ANy one got conditional approval recently ? Any clues , news anything on this matter ?
Coming July will be a year since I paid for Global Entry, Anyone knows how long the application fee paid is valid or do we have to restart the whole process again ?

Thanks,
Old May 14, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by BruceWaine
ANy one got conditional approval recently ? Any clues , news anything on this matter ?
Coming July will be a year since I paid for Global Entry, Anyone knows how long the application fee paid is valid or do we have to restart the whole process again ?

Thanks,
It remains valid for 1 year after conditional approval.

Once you are conditionally approved - you have 1 year to get a valid visa stamp and give your GEP interview with US customs.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
Originally Posted by anirudh666
It remains valid for 1 year after conditional approval.

Once you are conditionally approved - you have 1 year to get a valid visa stamp and give your GEP interview with US customs.
What if you do not have conditional approval and we waited more than a year for getting Conditional Approval. This is what my question was.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:37 am

This is getting pretty ridiculous now. It's been almost 7 months since I've applied and there's still no word from either CBP or the RPO. Filed a grievance report almost 2 months ago and still haven't received a response. Pathetic from the Indian authorities as usual I'd say.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by BruceWaine
What if you do not have conditional approval and we waited more than a year for getting Conditional Approval. This is what my question was.
Your fees don't expire if you haven't been conditionally approved, based on my conversations with US Customs.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by turingmachines
This is getting pretty ridiculous now. It's been almost 7 months since I've applied and there's still no word from either CBP or the RPO. Filed a grievance report almost 2 months ago and still haven't received a response. Pathetic from the Indian authorities as usual I'd say.
That is par for the course, and jives with my experience too.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by anirudh666
That is par for the course, and jives with my experience too.
This is the story of most of us looks like.
Attended interview at Indian passport seva kendra on 14th Dec and still waiting to see the response coming to CBP. Raised grievance with passport portal received a reply like this:
"Application Granted on pre police verification basis and GEP Clearance Requests have been sent to MHA (through Interface) and MoF (through Email). . ok"

Not sure why it said pre police since my police verification and CID verification were all completed before I left India. Not sure what next and how long

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.