FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India joins US Global Entry programme.
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:08 am
Dev Lall

Took my scheduled appointment at Philly airport as I was flying into the US for a meeting. On landing at JFK airport they had a sign that all who were approved could without appointment before immigration have their fingerprinting & interview done. I branched off to the designated lane (A). Due to a heavy incoming rush they were very busy & advised me that the wait time would be in excess of an hour & to proceed with my scheduled interview the next day at PHL. I agreed & they most graciously walked me thru the diplomatic channel so I would not have to stand in line.

Went to PHL airport international arrivals for the interview at the scheduled time. Wait time 1 minute, interview fingerprinting & photographs about 5 mins & then showed me how to use the card & the do's & donts as well as if I forget the card or the passport changes etc. Thanked me & vice versa & was on my way. Within 30 mins received email with the Global entry number which is also a TSA pre number. The card will be delivered in 2 weeks to a US address only.

So this is how it works.

When booking your ticket & or checking in give your Global entry number to upload. This gives you TSA pre access & you will never be stripped searched or taken aside plus you get to use the faster lines. On arrival go to the Global entry kiosk. Scan your passport & follow instructions on screen. Get receipt & walk out. Apparently card not required. At land border to Mexico & Canada it is card swipe.

Next visit next month so will be able to use the kiosk for the first time & hopefully get my card. good to go!!!!