Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:46 am

All of us should tweet/write to Mrs.Sushma Swaraj. This may find some traction then.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:49 am

No police verification?

Hi All - thanks for all the information in this thread. It has been very helpful!

I just completed my PSK step today at a Chennai office. It seems like I have a different situation compared to others in this thread. My application did not go to police approval. I asked the office about doing the verification quickly, but he said GES is a different background verification. No police verification was set up in my account and my application status now states:

"GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application."

Has anyone else run into this? Is this new? I'm worried that the PSK is confused about the process and may have skipped my police verification. I'm only in India for a few more day and don't want to risk missing any steps in the process. Should I contact someone regarding the lack of police verification?

I would appreciate any insight!

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: emirates british airways priority pass
Disappointed with the way things stand. I have raised a complaint on the PMO Grievance portal but it was closed without much of an explanation. Perhaps everyone could lodge a complaint there?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by adkenikhil
I currently reside in US on H1b visa. I started the GEP application and as mentioned earlier , received an appointment from passport sera Kendra on background verification. Is it expected for me to be in India to do this background verification ? Anyone have a clue on this situation ?
You are supposed to be in India for the background check. Local consulates in US don't have the facility to do this background check here, I checked with Chicago consulate.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by numbiceman
Disappointed with the way things stand. I have raised a complaint on the PMO Grievance portal but it was closed without much of an explanation. Perhaps everyone could lodge a complaint there?
I tried. They will just tell you that it is very complicated, needs to go through different ministries, appointments are available etc. No use...
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:47 am

Response from passport seva

I had written to the Grievance office of the passport seva as below:
"Dear Sir/Madam, I have recently applied for Global entry program (GEP) background verification. My file number is XXXX. I have to congratulate you on the speediness with which I was able to book an appointment online,visit the PSK and have the police verification all done within and week and utmost professionalism. Thank you for setting up this wonderful process. Now as I await for further verification by relevant authorities ,I am wondering if you could share the following information, 1.What are the next steps taken in the verification process? 2.How long will it take for the process to be completed and results submitted to the US authorities? 3.Have there been any approvals so far? Appreciate any information, kind regards"

Had a reply promptly within a day or two as below:
"
Dear Sir/Madam, It is informed that, first local police verification will be done. then Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi and Ministry of Finance, New Delhi have to collect reports from various agencies, the received reports should be scrutinize and compile them and have to send a clear report to this office, this process may take few months, then only this office can take further necessary action under intimation to you as early as possible. It is also informed to you that the fees paid by you is valid for 5 years. Your Sincerely, Public Grievance Cell(GO Role-1), Regional Passport Office, Hyderabad."

And other than the above, I have the standard status message:

"GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application."
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by fly3rtalk
All of us should tweet/write to Mrs.Sushma Swaraj. This may find some traction then.
i actually spoke with her about this at a social gathering earlier this month....she said her hands are tied since the pm has decided that all the various ministries need to give their thumbs up before they forward their approval....
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
First Conditional Approval Reported

From the Global Entry for Citizens of India thread in the Travel Safety/Security | Trusted Travelers forum:
Originally Posted by Reddy1985
I have some good news guys. Today i received conditional approval for my global entry application. Here is my timeline.
1) Completed global entry application on July 17th.
2)India Passport office appointment on 20th. And PCC completed on 21st July.
3) Waited for 4 months
4) on 11/29/2017 received email with conditional approval.
5) No appointments available in San Francisco for next 3 months. I am planning to do a walk in.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: GEP
Applied on Aug 1, 2017. Today my status changed from

GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application.
to
Application is under review at Regional Passport Office.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Finally some good news.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:50 pm

I applied for this when I went to India in July and received conditional approval email from DHS earlier today. I was able to log on to the site and scheduled an update for interview in December 3rd week. I'm in DFW and appointments are available as early as next week

So everyone can now rest easy and assume that this process will take 5-6 months total.
PS: I'm on H1B visa
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I keep checking out this thread in hopes that someone here who has applied as a resident Indian citizen can finally report being enabled for GE use as just an ordinary Indian citizen with a non-immigrant US visa. But still no such positives report, and it really does speak to how badly rushed and poorly launched the “launch” of this “benefit” was.
I'm on H1B visa and just scheduled my interview at DFW airport for next month
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Stivelio
I'm on H1B visa and just scheduled my interview at DFW airport for next month
both you & reddy1985 seem to be us residents....over the last couple of days i have heard of a couple more us residents who have received conditional approval....maybe this is a pattern that they are first approving those that live in the us....would be interesting to see when an indian residing in india gets conditional approval....
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:56 pm

How long ago did you complete your police clearance work in India?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by rockies711
How long ago did you complete your police clearance work in India?
If this question is for me then the answer is last week of July this year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.