Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: GEP
Did anyone go to the interview after the conditional approval?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sumanlogs
Do we have anybody in this group, whose status did change like this and still got it approved, later?
no one residing in india has received approval yet....
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
no one residing in india has received approval yet....
How do the passport office know whether you are currently residing in India or not? I live in US, but I still had to provide the Indian address and attend interview in India, when I came there for vacation. The police verification happened in India address. There is no way for them to know if you are currently residing in India or abroad. I was thinking they would treat every application, the same way as there is no way to differentiate.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
How do the passport office know whether you are currently residing in India or not? I live in US, but I still had to provide the Indian address and attend interview in India, when I came there for vacation. The police verification happened in India address. There is no way for them to know if you are currently residing in India or abroad. I was thinking they would treat every application, the same way as there is no way to differentiate.
read post # 108 & 210....the application & verification process is pretty complicated....not only will they know where you live, but pretty much every aspect of your life will be looked into before they give approval....
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:57 pm

When you apply for Global Entry on CBP website, you do have to enter your present and past addresses. I am guessing that’s shared with Indian authorities
BruceWaine likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
to the folks who scheduled interview from earlier post, did they get the Global entry card or KTN number ? Any thing on that ?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The PASS ID which is your KTN is issued with the approval letter after the CBP interview.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: GEP
Originally Posted by Stivelio
Finished my interview at DFW airport and should have the GE card in 5 days !!
What documents do we need to present to them?
And what were the questions?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
same here....its like the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing....
I'm afraid the same happened in my case. The status message reverted to the earlier one. Mine is an early August application, hopefully it will come through in 2018!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by bnchary
What documents do we need to present to them?
And what were the questions?
They just asked my passport and no questions were asked. I successfully used my passport for first global entry yesterday
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Stivelio
They just asked my passport and no questions were asked. I successfully used my passport for first global entry yesterday
What was your final status on passportgov.in?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:31 pm

Folks, I received an email from TTP today notifying of a status change. On logging through login.gov, I notice that my status now is 'Conditionally Approved'. I am also able to schedule an interview with a Global Entry Enrollment Center. I have one scheduled tomorrow.

However, passportindia.gov.in still shows "GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application."[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by scuffbucket
Folks, I received an email from TTP today notifying of a status change. On logging through login.gov, I notice that my status now is 'Conditionally Approved'. I am also able to schedule an interview with a Global Entry Enrollment Center. I have one scheduled tomorrow.

However, passportindia.gov.in still shows "GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application."
[/QUOTE]
scuffbucket, Thanks for the update. This is helpful.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:32 pm

I went to the scheduled interview today. It was a breeze. I went at the appointment time, the officer asked for my passport, checked for my visa, asked for my drivers license, entered some info, asked me how long I've been working for this company. I said 10 years. He then said I will receive a notification when it's approved. Within 20 minutes, I received an email that my application for Global Entry was approved.

However, passportindia.gov.in still shows "GEP Verification Process has been initiated on your application. Once inputs from all the concerned Government Authorities are received, the Report will be shared with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). No queries would be entertained in relation to your GEP application status at the Passport Offices and PSP Call Centre. You may contact CBP for further updates on the processing of your GEP application."
[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:40 pm

I went to the scheduled interview today. It was a breeze. I went at the appointment time, the officer asked for my passport, checked for my visa, asked for my drivers license, entered some info, asked me how long I've been working for this company. I said 10 years. He then said I will receive a notification when it's approved. Within 20 minutes, I received an email that my application for Global Entry was approved.
[/QUOTE]
Congrats!!! Are you H1? If yes, did you carry I-797?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.