Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2023, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
No clue what the process would be for Indian citizens. I got my approval in July 2018 so am up for renewal this year as well. Planning on starting the renewal process in May & will hope for the best.

If I remember correctly, the approvals for Indian citizens started coming in around June-July in 2018 so I don't think anyone has reached the renewal stage yet.
I came across this post in reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalEntry...le_on_h1b_visa)

Apparently, when you initiate renewal, we have to redo GEP verification again. God knows how long that'll take. If it's true, renewal is going to be a pain!
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by siddhuv89
I came across this post in reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalEntry...le_on_h1b_visa)

Apparently, when you initiate renewal, we have to redo GEP verification again. God knows how long that'll take. If it's true, renewal is going to be a pain!
On the bright side, my membership is good till May 2024 so when I renew in May this year I will have a year before it expires. Hopefully the Indian government will be quicker with the renewal process. However its quite likely they will make this as painful as possible.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
On the bright side, my membership is good till May 2024 so when I renew in May this year I will have a year before it expires.
As long as you apply for renewal prior to the current expiration date, you will continue to receive all Global Entry benefits, even after the original expiration date, for up to two years pending the final approval of your renewal application. There is more detailed information in the Global Entry Renewal Information and Processing Timelines thread in the Trusted Travelers forum.
Keyser and siddhuv89 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 2:07 pm

On the bright side, my membership is good till May 2024 so when I renew in May this year I will have a year before it expires. Hopefully the Indian government will be quicker with the renewal process. However its quite likely they will make this as painful as possible.
If either the Indian or US government takes more than a year to process, is there an extended "grace" period upto 2 years because of delayed processing due to COVID?

please keep us posted on any developments you may have.
Keyser likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by TWA884
As long as you apply for renewal prior to the current expiration date, you will continue to receive all Global Entry benefits, even after the original expiration date, for up to two years pending the final approval of your renewal application. There is more detailed information in the Global Entry Renewal Information and Processing Timelines thread in the Trusted Travelers forum.
Good to know.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Please continue the discussion in the TT forum: Global Entry for Citizens of India

Regards Oliver2002
Co-Mod India forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.