Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by srikrishna2
Hey, thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Curious to know what types of documents were requested during the appointment with the PSK or the police inspection. Is a passport sufficient or are any other Indian documents necessary (aadhar card, etc.). Thanks!
he just wanted to see one form of id to verify the address....i had a bunch of things like my passport, aadhar card, mtnl bill, etc....but he just looked at the passport & was satisfied....
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
he just wanted to see one form of id to verify the address....i had a bunch of things like my passport, aadhar card, mtnl bill, etc....but he just looked at the passport & was satisfied....
Thank you for sharing all this information Keyser. I had a question: the address on my passport is not current (My current permanent address is actually in another State in India than the one on my passport). Is this going to be problematic? Does the passport address have to match what address you provide in your application? I have other documents such as drivers license as proof of my current address.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:02 am

My interview was on 7/17 in Hyderabad. Took about 30 mins to move through different counters and was pretty easy. My passport has my US address but I have my aadhar card with hyderabad address which was good enough. The police guy came today for verification.i will wait for my status on India passport site to update and wait for next steps if any
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by gr05
Thank you for sharing all this information Keyser. I had a question: the address on my passport is not current (My current permanent address is actually in another State in India than the one on my passport). Is this going to be problematic? Does the passport address have to match what address you provide in your application? I have other documents such as drivers license as proof of my current address.
you should be ok as long as you have other documents as proof of id.....
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stivelio
My interview was on 7/17 in Hyderabad. Took about 30 mins to move through different counters and was pretty easy. My passport has my US address but I have my aadhar card with hyderabad address which was good enough. The police guy came today for verification.i will wait for my status on India passport site to update and wait for next steps if any
my status on the passport seva website still shows that police verification has been been initiated for my application....the verification was done almost 20 days ago & according to the rpo my application has already been submitted....
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:50 am

got an email from 'passport seva' this morning stating that information regarding my goes application has been received & i need to follow some steps for the background verification....
Thanks for sharing the information Keyser, how long it took from the time you paid $100 for your GOES application and you got your PSK email?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by beerball
I applied for the Global entry program on July 6th. However, I have not gotten any email from the passport seva kendra service. I also tried applying directly on Passport Kendra website and it is not recognizing my Global enrollment id. Did you get a message on the GOES website? I haven't gotten any message there too.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong? Any suggestions? I put the current address as my US address and am wondering if that is what made it wrong.

Cheers,
Any update on your Situation? i am in the same situation. Called PSK call center and they have no idea what i am asking about. All they said was wait for a day or so and try again.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dealguy007
Thanks for sharing the information Keyser, how long it took from the time you paid $100 for your GOES application and you got your PSK email?
2 days....

a colleague of mine got the email the very next day....
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Is there a way to book PSK appointment for a specific day/time in advance. I need end of Aug when I am in India but I dont see any option to select a slot.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Acid
Is there a way to book PSK appointment for a specific day/time in advance. I need end of Aug when I am in India but I dont see any option to select a slot.
i don't think so....they just give the next available date, which is probably a day or so later....don't book the appointment now....just wait till you are here & then book it....
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

my status on the passport seva website still shows that police verification has been been initiated for my application....the verification was done almost 20 days ago & according to the rpo my application has already been submitted....
got a sms on my phone this morning stating that my police verification is now complete & a report has been submitted to the rpo....the police verification was actually done on the 3rd of july....

the passport seva website continues to state that the police verification has been initiated....but the rpo head confirmed to me on the 10th of july that the application was approved & uploaded from their end....

my global entry application status still shows as 'pending review'....i initially applied on the 29th of june....

lets see how this unfolds....
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:46 pm

got a sms on my phone this morning stating that my police verification is now complete & a report has been submitted to the rpo....the police verification was actually done on the 3rd of july....

the passport seva website continues to state that the police verification has been initiated....but the rpo head confirmed to me on the 10th of july that the application was approved & uploaded from their end....

my global entry application status still shows as 'pending review'....i initially applied on the 29th of june....

lets see how this unfolds....

Hi,

What address we can provide in passport seva portal since its asking current address over there and current address is in USA.
Can i provide Permanent address for which i have proof as adhar card?
In case of Permanent address what we can fill in "Residing Since (Month-YYYY) *" and "Is your permanent address same as present address? *" field.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raju0505
Hi,

What address we can provide in passport seva portal since its asking current address over there and current address is in USA.
Can i provide Permanent address for which i have proof as adhar card?
In case of Permanent address what we can fill in "Residing Since (Month-YYYY) *" and "Is your permanent address same as present address? *" field.
my permanent & current address is the same so i didn't have the problem you have....

if you have an aadhar card then just put in that address for both permanent & current....then once you are there for the interview you can explain your situation....
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:44 am

my permanent & current address is the same so i didn't have the problem you have....

if you have an aadhar card then just put in that address for both permanent & current....then once you are there for the interview you can explain your situation....

Any body have similar situation ?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Raju0505
Any body have similar situation ?
Yes - there are many in this situation - all of us here in US have same issue. Just enter your India address and take as much proof as you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.