Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by scuffbucket
Clearly looks like it. They seems to have jumped in this without a decent process in place.
this was apparent in the first week of launch itself....

Originally Posted by scuffbucket
What to we do now?
we wait for them to get their act together....
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
this was apparent in the first week of launch itself....

we wait for them to get their act together....
Guys, Those who have not applied for this program...you better hold off for now. I have my police clearance completed 1 month back Indian Govt have not yet sent my document to CBP. CBP says they can't move forward until they receive a go ahead from Indian govt.

As of now Navtej Sarna seems to be the only person received this card and no one else. Even he received it because passport/police clearance is not required for him.

save your $100 and time and don't apply for this program until the process is clearly defined.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
so here is a bit of disturbing info i received from a friend of mine who is a senior ranking official in the external affairs ministry....i was having dinner with him last night & we were discussing the global entry program among other things....

he said the procedure is pretty complicated & works something like this:

the first step is the interview at the passport seva office where they will upload the passport details & bio metrics & photograph....once this is complete they will initiate police verification....

the second step is the police verification whereby someone from the police will visit your home to verify certain details....once this is complete they will send their report back to the passport office....this completes phase 1 of the process....

the third step is the passport office sending their phase 1 report to the finance ministry & external affairs ministry....

the fourth step is the finance ministry forwarding the report to the ed (enforcement directorate) so that they can verify your details & check if there are no economic crimes pending against you....at the same time the external affairs ministry shall forward the report to the ib (intelligence bureau), cbi (central bureau of investigation) & raw (research and analysis wing) to check if there are any criminal proceedings pending against you....once clearances from all these agencies is received then the individual reports will be sent back to the passport seva office....this will complete phase 2 of the process....

the fifth step is the passport seva office sending a consolidated report back to the cbp letting them know whether or not they recommend the individual for entry into the global entry program....

according to my friend this whole process can take anywhere from a couple of months to a year before the report goes to the cbp....at this point he expects the average wait time to be about 6 months....as of now the external affairs ministry & the finance ministry are not even sending the phase 1 reports to the respective agencies as & when they receive them....they wait till the end of the month & then send all the reports in one go....this wastes more time....

i have no reason to not believe my friend since he is involved with this process....he admits that the process is extremely frustrating & was not thought through when it was implemented but this is the way they have decided to do things so we have no option but to wait....
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:06 am

Thank you, sir. This helps.

so here is a bit of disturbing info i received from a friend of mine who is a senior ranking official in the external affairs ministry....i was having dinner with him last night & we were discussing the global entry program among other things....

the first step is the interview at the passport seva office where they will upload the passport details & bio metrics & photograph....once this is complete they will initiate police verification....

the second step is the police verification whereby someone from the police will visit your home to verify certain details....once this is complete they will send their report back to the passport office....this completes phase 1 of the process....

the third step is the passport office sending their phase 1 report to the finance ministry & external affairs ministry....

the fourth step is the finance ministry forwarding the report to the ed (enforcement directorate) so that they can verify your details & check if there are no economic crimes pending against you....at the same time the external affairs ministry shall forward the report to the ib (intelligence bureau), cbi (central bureau of investigation) & raw (research and analysis wing) to check if there are any criminal proceedings pending against you....once clearances from all these agencies is received then the individual reports will be sent back to the passport seva office....this will complete phase 2 of the process....

the fifth step is the passport seva office sending a consolidated report back to the cbp letting them know whether or not they recommend the individual for entry into the global entry program....

according to my friend this whole process can take anywhere from a couple of months to a year before the report goes to the cbp....at this point he expects the average wait time to be about 6 months....as of now the external affairs ministry & the finance ministry are not even sending the phase 1 reports to the respective agencies as & when they receive them....they wait till the end of the month & then send all the reports in one go....this wastes more time....

i have no reason to not believe my friend since he is involved with this process....he admits that the process is extremely frustrating & was not thought through when it was implemented but this is the way they have decided to do things so we have no option but to wait....
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Holy cow, how complicated can it get? ED? RAW? IMHO only CBI makes sense. Passport is already issued so the rigmarole with the security verification sounds pointless.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:14 pm

Thanks for the details. I was given similar information when had to meet the head of RPO in the state as ground level folks were pretty much clueless. and, needless to mention me and my wife were first in the state as well (we were visiting from US 3 weeks ago).

RPO head read the memo (high level) before me (couldn't see). The only thing is that after external affairs (which is PSK, etc.) it will go to Ministry of Finance and Home Affairs (which I assume comes under Home Ministry). I think home ministry got mixed-up with external affair in the step 3.

So, basically it's a report from 3 different ministry. Then only it will go back to CBP (which would be external affairs responsibility).

Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:06 pm

hi,
I did schedule the Background verification for GEP appointment and police verification was completed successfully as well (for me and my wife). However I did check the status in Passport seva portal and it says for both of us

Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office.

Is this something to worry about?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by joyoflife
hi,
I did schedule the Background verification for GEP appointment and police verification was completed successfully as well (for me and my wife). However I did check the status in Passport seva portal and it says for both of us

Police Verification Report is not clear and application is under review at Regional Passport Office.

I don't think I have seen this status for me or any of my friends who applied for GEP.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joyoflife
hi,

this is definitely a new one....haven't come across this yet....how long back was your police verification????
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
this is definitely a new one....haven't come across this yet....how long back was your police verification????
This kind of language seems to be indicative of the applicant being on a path to being denied unless there is a recognized confusion over identity and that the confusion over identity is resolved.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
This kind of language seems to be indicative of the applicant being on a path to being denied unless there is a recognized confusion over identity and that the confusion over identity is resolved.
i would have to agree....
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:21 am

Smile aadhar card

Originally Posted by Acid
Yes - there are many in this situation - all of us here in US have same issue. Just enter your India address and take as much proof as you can.
You can apply for aadhar card online application also you can link your aadhar card with pan card.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
HI - I am a US Permanent Resident (GC Holder) now living in India. Had applied in late July, but never received any email from Indian PSK regarding background verification. Received a "Conditional Approval Notification" few days ago, which doesn't mention anything about the Indian verification process at all - just asked me to schedule an interview (which I have, for Oct) and to bring a list of documents...
Not sure what (if anything) I can/should do? Don't want to show up for the interview and then get rejected...
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Forgot to mention: I tried initiating the background verification process at the PSK website, but it doesn't let me do so, saying that the "GOES/GES Application ID or DOB may be incorrect *or* info not available with Passport Seva System". Any insights would be appreciated!

Originally Posted by krpatil7
HI - I am a US Permanent Resident (GC Holder) now living in India. Had applied in late July, but never received any email from Indian PSK regarding background verification. Received a "Conditional Approval Notification" few days ago, which doesn't mention anything about the Indian verification process at all - just asked me to schedule an interview (which I have, for Oct) and to bring a list of documents...
Not sure what (if anything) I can/should do? Don't want to show up for the interview and then get rejected...
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Green Card LPR have a different process altogether, no need to go via the 'indian' process described above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.