Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Keyser - in which city/office did you and your friend complete the PSK interview?

My issue is I will be in Mumbai 25th - 28th Aug (25th being a holiday) and again from
Sep 30 - Oct 2(Again, holidays). I was hoping I can complete PSK formalities on 28th Aug and am not sure if I need to me in Mumbai for police verification(we know our local cops, parents can provide all info/ID/Ration Card etc...). Worst case I can go see them when I am back in Sept. Do we need to be physically present for police verification?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:41 pm

What am I doing wrong

I applied for the Global entry program on July 6th. However, I have not gotten any email from the passport seva kendra service. I also tried applying directly on Passport Kendra website and it is not recognizing my Global enrollment id. Did you get a message on the GOES website? I haven't gotten any message there too.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong? Any suggestions? I put the current address as my US address and am wondering if that is what made it wrong.

Cheers,
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Acid
Keyser - in which city/office did you and your friend complete the PSK interview?

My issue is I will be in Mumbai 25th - 28th Aug (25th being a holiday) and again from
Sep 30 - Oct 2(Again, holidays). I was hoping I can complete PSK formalities on 28th Aug and am not sure if I need to me in Mumbai for police verification(we know our local cops, parents can provide all info/ID/Ration Card etc...). Worst case I can go see them when I am back in Sept. Do we need to be physically present for police verification?
both of us completed the process in delhi....

unfortunately you need to be physically present for the police verification....your rpo officer has the ability to get the police verification done on the same day....there is no harm in asking when you go for your interview....
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:48 am

Thanks Keyser - I'll give it a shot. Do share once your application progresses to CBP Interview stage
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Thanks Keyser - I'll give it a shot. Do share once your application progresses to CBP Interview stage
will do....its been over 2 weeks since i applied on the goes website & over a week since my info was approved & uploaded by the rpo....still waiting for conditional approval....
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:54 pm

I know the nearest Indian embassy does PCC as well.
for example, http://www.cgitoronto.ca/content/pol...ce-certificate
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:38 am

I have my interview in Hyderabad on Monday. I will update the thread with my inyerview experience
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

as if my interview process at the rpo wasn't confusing enough, even today the confusion continues....

this morning i got a call from the police asking me when he can come over to my house for the verification....i asked him what this was for & he said i had an appointment at the rpo last week & this was the follow up police verification they are supposed to complete....i told him my police verification was not only complete but the rpo has already received the report & it has been uploaded & sent to the relevant authorities....all of this happened last week....he seemed really confused & said he would check & call me back....

an hour later he called back to let me know that he had checked with the rpo & the verification was indeed complete but there was confusion since their system was still showing it in pending status....i asked him how that was possible & he said he would check & get back to me....
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
an hour later he called back to let me know that he had checked with the rpo & the verification was indeed complete but there was confusion since their system was still showing it in pending status....i asked him how that was possible & he said he would check & get back to me....
Incredible!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Plat
interesting....i wonder why they don't give cards to everyone????i mean if you have membership then why not the membership card????
Mexican citizens get the card as well.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:21 pm

read post 21 of this thread....

after my experience of being the first applicant in india, a friend of mine went for his interview earlier this week....his experience was very different from mine....they knew what they had to do....they checked & uploaded his documents, scanned his fingerprints, took his picture & he was out of there in under 30 minutes....a couple of days later he got a call for his police verification & that is being done today....

i think they are getting their ducks in order now & the process should be pretty smooth from now on....
Hey, thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Curious to know what types of documents were requested during the appointment with the PSK or the police inspection. Is a passport sufficient or are any other Indian documents necessary (aadhar card, etc.). Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:29 pm

Smile

Adding my experience.
I got done with my PSK appt on July 5th (I was the first GEP applicant in my state, with 4 more lined up behind me). I had to explain what GEP is all about to the officer in charge.
My Police Verification was done 3 days later but the application status still states "Police Verification has been initiated".
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by srikrishna2
Hey, thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Curious to know what types of documents were requested during the appointment with the PSK or the police inspection. Is a passport sufficient or are any other Indian documents necessary (aadhar card, etc.). Thanks!
You need address proof in India. Aadhar or Voter ID card.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Incredible!
he called back later in the day to say everything was in order....the verification was done last week & the information was sent to the rpo but the person who did the verification forgot to close our file at the police station so it was still showing in pending status....
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bruceba
Mexican citizens get the card as well.
like i said before, i don't see the harm in giving cards to anyone who wants it....i'm sure lots of people would opt for the card even if they decided to charge a small fee for it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.