Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
unfortunately this is true....am forced to take ai direct to dc for my trip next month....
admire you for sticking to AI.. i'm doing DC this month but UA strictly..
Old Feb 3, 2021, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by galaticos
admire you for sticking to AI.. i'm doing DC this month but UA strictly..
the only reason is the timing....ai lands at 8:15am & the earliest ua can get me there is 9:40am....i have an arbitration taking place near iad that starts at 11am so if i fly ua then i need to get there a day earlier which is a problem as i have a commitment that will be extremely hard to get out of....with ai i can risk getting in on the same day....
galaticos likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
It is 14 days quarantine at home. You only get an exemption from 7 days of institutional quarantine. So they "expect" you to quarantine at home for 14 days.
Oh I thought it was 7 days.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
It is 14 days quarantine at home. You only get an exemption from 7 days of institutional quarantine. So they "expect" you to quarantine at home for 14 days.
The reason why I was assuming 7 days was that I was spending 7 days in a 3rd country before coming to India. Would that not be the case? Or would the 14 days start again?
Old Feb 5, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
After any time spent out side India, the clock restarts for home quarantine (14 days). However based on my recent travel experience to India, the home quarantine portion is voluntary and not enforced atleast in many states especially when you arriving on a domestic flight after having cleared immigration at another city in India.

Recently on a visit to India, I self quarantined for 4 days after arrival took another test (just for my piece of mind) and with another negative test, did not feel guilty of not quarantining any further, but took the usual precautions (mask, sanitizers etc.).
onlysuites likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
business class on ai is not something to get excited about at all, doesn't matter if its the dreamliner or 777....
I dont know about AI business class, but on UA business class which I came recently, the only good thing was the lie flat seat. The meals, entertainment all were pathetic. Next time I will go on AI even if it is more expensive.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by hyho61
I dont know about AI business class, but on UA business class which I came recently, the only good thing was the lie flat seat. The meals, entertainment all were pathetic. Next time I will go on AI even if it is more expensive.
Enjoy AI. There's no IFE.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:19 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I'm not sure AI has resumed full service as yet... and AI limited service is no way close to UA (almost) full service. When AI resumes full service in J one can chose what they want to compromise on - poor soft product on UA vs. poor in hard product in AI. Neither is really ideal.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've used ua business class before & after the pandemic....i've also used ai business class before & after the pandemic....if given a choice i would pick ua any given day....both are not ideal but the ua experience was better both before & after the pandemic....
malgudi likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 3:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Atleast with AI you are mentally prepared to receive a minimal soft product and know the hard product. In October I was overprepared with my own bedding, PJ and food

Current AI soft product on longhaul flights during COVID

UA is a mixed bag: could be on par with AI, could be better.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Atleast with AI you are mentally prepared to receive a minimal soft product and know the hard product. In October I was overprepared with my own bedding, PJ and food
i will be doing the same....i've taken my own bedding on all the long haul flights i have taken since i started traveling again in september....on ai i will carry my own food as well....
TravellingMan likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 5:06 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
i've used ua business class before & after the pandemic....i've also used ai business class before & after the pandemic....if given a choice i would pick ua any given day....both are not ideal but the ua experience was better both before & after the pandemic....
Agreed.

AI vs UA - UA wins handsdown
UA vs NH/SQ - UA sucks!
Old Feb 7, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any updates on when the UK-India flights restrictions will end? Will it get pushed further?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Any updates on when the UK-India flights restrictions will end? Will it get pushed further?

Expect it to go out till at least April.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Agreed.

AI vs UA - UA wins handsdown
UA vs NH/SQ - UA sucks!
Neither of which is an option for India-US now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.