Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
If it's on the same ticket - baggage checking, cancellations etc. would all follow UA's DEL-SFO allowances and policies. So if you are allowed to carry 32kg on UA, you will be allowed the same allowance on UK - as long as they're part of the same ticket.

I'd pick UK over AI - for comfort and overall experience - even though it is a relatively short flight. Plus UK has a strong tie up with UA now and also earns you PQMs and whatnots.
Thanks for the response.
Yes, will be under 1 ticket and its an award ticket on UA, so PQM's don't matter.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:35 pm

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by superboi
She was able to transit through on the same day with a couple of hours layover in DOH (QR 573 -> QR 725). The QR check-in staff as well as BLR immigration were satisfied with her carrying a valid US visa and negative COVID test result, no further questions asked.
Do you know when they bought their ticket? It seems in the past few weeks booking a straight ticket with standard transit in Doha has not been possible
Old Jan 27, 2021, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by xobile
Do you know when they bought their ticket? It seems in the past few weeks booking a straight ticket with standard transit in Doha has not been possible
Sometime in early December - apparently they were issuing through tickets then (and honoured them later, unlike EK/EY who cancelled reservations).
Old Jan 28, 2021, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyone know what the UK residents situation is now? Is it still hotel quarantine if you are travelling with young kids?
Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:09 pm

yes the travel update from Ministry of Civil Aviation GOI that UK restrictions extended through February 14th. Do not expect it to change.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grmaht
yes the travel update from Ministry of Civil Aviation GOI that UK restrictions extended through February 14th. Do not expect it to change.
Thanks. Would anyone know where they are making people quarantine? Is it still the Aero city hotels?

Also I will be doing UK- Maldives (7 days) Delhi. So what would my quarantine be considering I have been away 7 days from UK? Who can I ask?
Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Now the MoCA is saying lifting of bubbles and reverting to normal bilaterals depends on what the the MHA say

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/80455774.cms

The home ministry, in its guidelines on easing Covid-19 restrictions issued on Wednesday, said for further opening up of international air travel of passengers, the civil aviation ministry would take a decision in consultation with the home ministry
Old Jan 29, 2021, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Grmaht
Do you have a link for this? I don't doubt what you're saying but I'm struggling to locate this information, and generally haven't yet found a reliable place to find all the latest restrictions!
Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Is it still the Aero city hotels?

Also I will be doing UK- Maldives (7 days) Delhi. So what would my quarantine be considering I have been away 7 days from UK? Who can I ask?
Anyone?
Old Jan 29, 2021, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Anyone?
Not sure how dated this is:

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/docs/1...in%20Delhi.pdf
onlysuites likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 10:22 pm

Institutional quarantine is now waived for UK.. home quarantine mandatory

Old Jan 31, 2021, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for this update. Does this mean that one can now fly indirect flights too? I will be doing UK- Maldives (7 days) Delhi.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Carry your old passport with OCI sticker

Was checking in today in ORD for AI126 and was denied as I did not have the expired passport with the OCI sticker. I have been traveling back and forth for the past few months and got tripped on a new rule by GOI. They never cease to amaze me.

For all of you out there, just carry all your old passports just in case some government somewhere comes up a new rule...

Back to origin and start again. Wonder how I can get money back from AI for this ticket?
Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You always have to carry the (old) passport that is mentioned in the OCI card/booklet, thats nothing new.
galaticos likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 1:01 pm

Thanks for this update. Does this mean that one can now fly indirect flights too? I will be doing UK- Maldives (7 days) Delhi.
Not sure.. worst case should be home quarantien... they sometimes ask "countries visited in last 14 days".. sometimes not.. you still have to carry COVID negative (from maldives since <72 hrs) and fill out Air Suvidha form..

Let us know how it goes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.