Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by UA Fan
But also have the risk of the entire itinerary getting cancelled due to Ind govt regulations like happened with the EY flight. Wife is keen to do the non-stop from US to India.
Etihad itineraries have been canceled yes. I had three that were canceled in October and November. But Emirates seems to be exempt from that rule against transit passengers TO India. I rebooked Chicago to Trivandrum via Dubai and had zero issues
Old Dec 29, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by neverenoughmiles
I'm a UK citizen with OCI. I don't need a Visa to enter UAE but would I be classed as "Indian National" for the purposes of leaving India?
No experience with this but no you shouldn't be considered as an Indian National with a foreign passport. The rules though are incredibly dumb... OCIs from any nation can enter India through UAE, but can't leave through there to their home country. How stupid is that.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Seeking suggestions... what would be best way to go BLR - Melbourne without having to use AI? dont mind double back to ME.. need to reach MEL by 10th and out of quarantine by 25th..
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by galaticos
Seeking suggestions... what would be best way to go BLR - Melbourne without having to use AI? dont mind double back to ME.. need to reach MEL by 10th and out of quarantine by 25th..
so thanks to stupid air bubbles.. this is what agent came up with.. BLR-MLE -CMB-MEL

2 day stop in MLE! No complaints on that for sure!
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by galaticos
so thanks to stupid air bubbles.. this is what agent came up with.. BLR-MLE -CMB-MEL

2 day stop in MLE! No complaints on that for sure!
Wow. I did not know you could fly to MLE or for the matter CMB? I thought they were closed to traffic (at least CMB).
Old Jan 1, 2021, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Be wary of transiting in UAE when flying between US and India unless you break your journey in UAE. It's for your safety and health, lol.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...icABDZNSP.html
Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:48 pm

Can anyone suggest if I have to follow quarantine rules at EWR/Chicago (yet to decide the flight) if I am transitting to Raleigh after flying from India.Its just a 4-5 hour layover at both the airports,I am planning to fly with United from India
Old Jan 2, 2021, 4:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In the US nobody cares what you do... you will transit ORD as usual.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 4:53 am

Just out of curiosity many states like california have implemented 14 days quarantine do people especially international visitors get quarantined strictly or the rules are just on paper
Old Jan 2, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by kapsshah42
Can anyone suggest if I have to follow quarantine rules at EWR/Chicago (yet to decide the flight) if I am transitting to Raleigh after flying from India.Its just a 4-5 hour layover at both the airports,I am planning to fly with United from India
There is no quarantine requirement for transit pax in EWR or ORD.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
Be wary of transiting in UAE when flying between US and India unless you break your journey in UAE. It's for your safety and health, lol.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...icABDZNSP.html
Ugh. That article only mentions transit from India actually, not TO. Which is another weird aspect of the agreement. Also, even under the air bubble, transit passengers going from India to South America and Africa are explicitly allowed, so the talk about how it's for health and safety reasons is trash
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
There is no quarantine requirement for transit pax in EWR or ORD.
I understood but just wanted to know about quarantine regulations are they truely followed in usa?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:02 pm

I understood but just wanted to know about quarantine regulations are they truely followed in usa?
Not really. There is a reason they have 350k deaths. Also wrong forum to ask that question. Destination USA in FT would probably get you a better answer.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 2, 2021 at 7:54 pm
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Wow. I did not know you could fly to MLE or for the matter CMB? I thought they were closed to traffic (at least CMB).
There's nothing direct to CMB from India.. hence the stopover in MLE .. india has air bubble with Maldives
TravellingMan likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:28 am

Wrong place to ask. This forum is re: air bubbles for travel to India.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.