Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 11:51 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemiana
We flew business class April 26 LAX-MAD. The food was horrible. I take that back, the starter salad was fine but nothing special. I had the cod--the fish was actually good but the tomato sauce on top was from a can and the vegetables were tasteless. Husband had the mushroom risotto WITH MANGO sauce...yes, risotto with a mango smoothie poured on top! Horrible. Dessert was ice cream that had very little taste, if that's even possible. Breakfast was nothing special--yogurt and something. We flew coach return and the food was no better but no worse.
I think IB has issues with J food from outstations. It's as if they make a contract with a caterer but never actually see or taste it and don't exert any control over it. Have you flown back yet and compared MAD prepared food?

You can tell it is "of the same ilk" or trying to follow a similar formula but often it is rubbish. Still there's the same three shrimp, a grape, a side salad, some wishywashy consomme.

They have a lunch out of MAD which resembles your cod dish and it is one of the best things I've ever tasted on a flight. So authentically Spanish tasting. Your version looks like they have tried to have something similar made in LAX and failed.

I think they fall flat across the board with desserts.

I don't know if I mentioned in this thread or elsewhere on the IB forum but IB back caters for the crew on the BOG MAD route. So J victims have to eat the utter gash that is Gate Gourmet BOG whilst the crew have nice fat pork chops with delicious grilled vegetables.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I think IB has issues with J food from outstations. It's as if they make a contract with a caterer but never actually see or taste it and don't exert any control over it. Have you flown back yet and compared MAD prepared food?

You can tell it is "of the same ilk" or trying to follow a similar formula but often it is rubbish. Still there's the same three shrimp, a grape, a side salad, some wishywashy consomme.

They have a lunch out of MAD which resembles your cod dish and it is one of the best things I've ever tasted on a flight. So authentically Spanish tasting. Your version looks like they have tried to have something similar made in LAX and failed.

I think they fall flat across the board with desserts.

I don't know if I mentioned in this thread or elsewhere on the IB forum but IB back caters for the crew on the BOG MAD route. So J victims have to eat the utter gash that is Gate Gourmet BOG whilst the crew have nice fat pork chops with delicious grilled vegetables.
We flew IB MAD-LAX but in coach. The food was the same quality but it didn't bother me as much in coach because I didn't have the high expectations I had in J. Actually, the coach experience was one of the best I've had in a long time in terms of the comfort of seats, leg space and entertainment options.

One interesting thing in both biz and coach, they were certainly stingy with the alcohol. In coach, they came around after serving dinner with the beverage cart and because I didn't see any wine I asked if they had some. The flight attendant secretly reached under the cart to hand it to me so nobody else would see. Of course, the people around me did see and wanted some also. The same was also true in biz--I had to hunt the flight attendant down to get a refill.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Bohemiana
We flew IB MAD-LAX but in coach. The food was the same quality but it didn't bother me as much in coach because I didn't have the high expectations I had in J. Actually, the coach experience was one of the best I've had in a long time in terms of the comfort of seats, leg space and entertainment options.
Which aircraft were you on? Or would you say that IB's coach experience across all aircraft pretty good?
(just wondering -- trying to plan a trip)
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:05 pm

Very little difference. The A330-200 have newer seats (I like them a little better than the older ones, but this is not a unanimous opinion) and slightly improved IFE. All have a 2-4-2 layout.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:43 am

IBERIA EXPRESS MAD-DUB J CLASS

Meal was quite nice. Service was 10/10 lovely crew ^

Prospero likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
IB 3151 ATH-MAD 1555-1840 A-320

No menu on this flight but I was told it was chicken or seafood pasta

Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
IB 3400 MAD-ORY 1945-2145 A-320

Same chicken option as the last flight so I went with the pasta which was pretty decent.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:05 pm

IB J BRU MAD (lunch)

​​​​​​This is a gluten free meal, I suspect it’s also the low fat, low calorie, low sodium, nut free, soy free, mustard free, bland meal, and perhaps even the diabetic kosher meal.

Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:23 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
It looks truly awful...!
embarcadero1 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by jackr27
It looks truly awful...!
Indeed depressing!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:38 am

Yeaterday’s menu as a reference

Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia

IB J BRU MAD (lunch)

​​​​​​This is a gluten free meal, I suspect it’s also the low fat, low calorie, low sodium, nut free, soy free, mustard free, bland meal, and perhaps even the diabetic kosher meal.

IB's answer to Weightwatchers
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

IB3175 LHR-MAD Business

As this flight had a scheduled departure time of 10:40am, the meal in business class was rather nicely formed hot breakfast. The picture of the omelette really doesn’t do it justice. It was actually pretty tasty.
Attached Images  
HIDDY likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 1, 2018 at 1:25 am
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:11 pm

Iberia Express DUB-MAD J Class.

Nice meal braised beef with gratin potatoes.
Prospero likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone know if Iberia serves breakfast on
MAD-BCN, 730AM departure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.