Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:58 pm

DUB-MAD BUSINESS CLASS IBX

Was ok but not really that impressed 1130am flight would have preferred proper lunch as opposed to breakfast.

Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:36 am

It's now possible to pre-order meals online (the video has English subs)

http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/W...D#.V4CoRxIkpOk
Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:28 pm

Available for longhaul flights departing from Spain. For Y class they can upgrade by paying a fee EUR14-26. Similar to the BA system. Looks quite promising. ^
Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
My last longhaul J was in April and I pre-ordered then. It was pretty decent, the FA came over with the ipad to confirm my choice and that was that.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked for my upcoming flight to Tokyo...

"Option unavailable
The meal service request is not available for this trip."

Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Eh, I wouldn't discount NRT quite yet. There's a lot to work out still considering they haven't even had the inaugural flight and won't for over 3 more months. I'm sure catering is pretty low on the list of operational issues. I'd check back in October to see if it pops up.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Breakfast offering LHR-MAD served at 12.15pm (on a delayed 10.30am departure). Quite frankly, disgusting - rubber omelette with extremely salty, acidic tomato sauce and dry, squashed croissant. I've consistently found IB breakfasts are to be avoided on European routes and they are served on all flights departing before 11am.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Dinner on MAD-LHR. Salad, beef fillet with courgettes, raisins and prune, cheese and a toffee mousse. All very tasty and tender
Attached Images  
Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Eh, I wouldn't discount NRT quite yet. There's a lot to work out still considering they haven't even had the inaugural flight and won't for over 3 more months. I'm sure catering is pretty low on the list of operational issues. I'd check back in October to see if it pops up.
Am on the second flight out to NRT, not holding my breath for this to be resolved before then. Will have a 7 year old with me, was hoping to let her have some control over what she gets offered, particularly as we're flying in from Brussels that morning (her jaws aren't strong or large enough yet to tackle an IB chapata)
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:25 pm

LHR-MAD

Originally Posted by Prospero
Sorry, I have no photos to share with you but I wanted to report that my travelling companion continues to rave on about the veal burger she enjoyed on board our recent flight to Madrid. Having a diet that denies myself from such culinary delights, I went with the pumpkin filled pasta. It was pretty good too.
Had the veal burger on an evening LHR-MAD flight this month. It was not the most tender but still edible. I was surprised to be offered a hot meal on an intra-Europe flight. Nice crew and service.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by MarkLHR
I've consistently found IB breakfasts are to be avoided on European routes and they are served on all flights departing before 11am.
Well also 11:30am in my case! I am not a fan of breakfast on most airlines. Lunch , Dinner are the best IMHO. ^
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
Just checked for my upcoming flight to Tokyo...

"Option unavailable
The meal service request is not available for this trip."

Originally Posted by LapLap
Am on the second flight out to NRT, not holding my breath for this to be resolved before then. Will have a 7 year old with me, was hoping to let her have some control over what she gets offered, particularly as we're flying in from Brussels that morning (her jaws aren't strong or large enough yet to tackle an IB chapata)

If you watch the video that has been posted above - it says there that the service is available from 1 month until 48h before departure, so still some time to go...

Last edited by noturbulence; Jul 18, 2016 at 8:14 am Reason: added second quote
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by noturbulence
If you watch the video that has been posted above - it says there that the service is available from 1 month until 48h before departure, so still some time to go...
No subtitles in English for me, but yes, it does eventually say "entre un mes y 48 horas antes de tu vuelo". Have to admit that I zoned out before then, the breathy, earnest narration sounds like the old Telefonica monologues.
Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
MAD - GIG 27/06/2016

Sorry for the worse-for-wear menu.

For the main I had the cod.

The dessert wasn't the advertised mango cake, but was instead a berry cheesecake.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality - it was actually better than the food I'd had a few days before flying from SIN with Qatar.
Attached Images      
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
And then the return - GIG - MAD 11/07/2016

I think I was too sleepy to take pictures of the breakfast - and it wasn't particularly memorable.

The dinner though was fine - not as good as the outbound but perfectly acceptable.

For the main I had the pasta.
Attached Images     

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.