Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Vegan meal, GVA-MAD

IB GVA-MAD VGML
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by HarryBA
I am flying IB express next month MAD - MAN in C so wonder what I will get? By the looks of some of the meals it does vary. Some look very good but other like this one.. Well I think that I would have just eaten the bread!

My wife usually order the fruit meal which is good in her opinion. She usually just eats I the lounge and View the fruit as a snack.

I'm in mainline IB LHR - MAD so it will be a good comparison.
I think my MAN-MAD Iberia Express flight will not get a hot lunch in business, despite the flight time: 11:10am - 2:40pm. Iberia lists "snack."

Is this link accurate? It says lunch is served if you depart after 12pm, but it's very strange that they'll give me scrambled eggs (by the time we're actually flying and served):

- Refrigerio caliente

Para vuelos con hora de salida entre las 10:30h y las 12:00h, servicio compuesto por una deliciosa quiche o unos sabrosos huevos revueltos acompaados de fruta fresca,zumo, caf e infusiones.

- Almuerzo caliente

En los vuelos con hora de salida posterior a las 12:00h, sabrosas carnes y pastas frescas de la mejor calidad, acompaadas de ensaladas y exquisitos postres.

P.S. I noticed this flight doesn't run on Saturdays. Do they ever add Saturdays for the summer schedule? Thank you.

Last edited by rrgg; Jan 14, 2019 at 9:52 am
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
I think my MAN-MAD Iberia Express flight will not get a hot lunch in business, despite the flight time: 11:10am - 2:40pm. Iberia lists "snack."

Is this link accurate? It says lunch is served if you depart after 12pm, but it's very strange that they'll give me scrambled eggs (by the time we're actually flying and served):

- Refrigerio caliente

Para vuelos con hora de salida entre las 10:30h y las 12:00h, servicio compuesto por una deliciosa quiche o unos sabrosos huevos revueltos acompaados de fruta fresca,zumo, caf e infusiones.

- Almuerzo caliente

En los vuelos con hora de salida posterior a las 12:00h, sabrosas carnes y pastas frescas de la mejor calidad, acompaadas de ensaladas y exquisitos postres.

P.S. I noticed this flight doesn't run on Saturdays. Do they ever add Saturdays for the summer schedule? Thank you.
10:30-12:00 flying with Express you'll get Brunch

Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:18 am

error....

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Mar 24, 2019 at 11:36 am
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Missing from this thread is this essential information

The shorth-haul service schedules

Iberia Express

International and Canary Islands

- 10:30 Hot Breakfast

10:30 - 12:00 Brunch

12:00 Hot Lunch/Dinner

https://www.iberiaexpress.com/inform...n/menu-a-bordo

Iberia Mainline

International < 3:55 hours

From 4 am to 11 am Hot Breakfast

11:01 - 03:59 Hot Lunch/Dinner

https://www.iberia.com/web/obsmenu.do?menuId=MENBOR
I noticed that they have made changes to the service schedule, Express remains the same (as above)
but for Iberia mainline they have introduced different bands for short/medium haul

https://www.iberia.com/gb/on-board/on-board-menu/
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold: HHonors Diamond; Accor Silver
Iberia IB3166 MAD -LHR 18 Aug 2019 1555

Possibly one of the worst meals Ive had in Club/Business in a long time.

Food as presented

Once Id opened it

What it was!
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by RHWine
Possibly one of the worst meals Ive had in Club/Business in a long time.

Food as presented

Once Id opened it

What it was!
Looks dreadful. I have been lucky with IB J meals on both mainline and IBX.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
IB 3092 MAD-OPO 1135-1145 A-320

No meal choice but I was happy to get a hot meal on something so short. Though yogurt was a weird side for this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR-MAD
Business
Lunch
January 2020

MAD-TLV
Business
Dinner
January 2020

TLV-MAD
Business
Breakfast
January 2020

Full details, including menus, available in my report here: The End of the A340-600: Iberia Business to the Holy Land
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:52 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Boys I am sorry but I do not know where to post this. A friend of mine has just told me that he flew MAD-LIS in Iberia J and that all he was offered was a glass of red wine, white wind and some almonds. Is this normal nowadays ? I have enjoyed meals between NTE-MAD and even the Tapas tray between MAD-ALC/VLC/
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black; ET silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Boys I am sorry but I do not know where to post this. A friend of mine has just told me that he flew MAD-LIS in Iberia J and that all he was offered was a glass of red wine, white wind and some almonds. Is this normal nowadays ? I have enjoyed meals between NTE-MAD and even the Tapas tray between MAD-ALC/VLC/

LIS MAD Air Nostrum 17/08/22

MAD LIS IB 19/07/22
dyinginthesun likes this.

Last edited by saraoutou; Aug 23, 2022 at 9:50 am
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
I was on IBX MAD-IBZ in J this week and there was absolutely nothing offered, not even water. I wonder if this is because of the strike actions on IBX or is this their normal (lack of) catering?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by saraoutou

LIS MAD Air Nostrum 17/08/22

MAD LIS IB 19/07/22
A WHITE (Rueda Verdejo) with cecina (looks like), embutidos and queso manchego?? Was that Iberia's decision or yours??
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black; ET silver
Originally Posted by spainflyer
A WHITE (Rueda Verdejo) with cecina (looks like), embutidos and queso manchego?? Was that Iberia's decision or yours??
Only one is the lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge another? (Jacques 4 12)
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Gatwick to Madrid. Very good service and good crew. Unfortunately only 1 food option.

Main was good. Yogurt was tasteless and very watery. Fruit salad good as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.