Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Old Oct 10, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, HHonors Diamond,
Worst aitline meal ever!

MAD-VGO Short 7:30 am flight.

I took one bite and almost threw up. At least there was a roll and croissant to tide me over.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 3:08 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by ppwchess
MAD-VGO Short 7:30 am flight.

I took one bite and almost threw up. At least there was a roll and croissant to tide me over.
Looks fine, the brown-grey liquid is mushroom jus?
Old Oct 13, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb

LGW-MAD on Iberia Express. This is the morning(ish) departure so breakfast. Omelette was actually pretty good and yoghurt was decent as well. Two rounds of drinks were offered after that the entire crew- c. 5 cabin crew and one of the pilots sat/stood in the front galley for about half the flight which was a bit odd.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 9:52 am

IB 3443 November 8, 2023 - ORY-MAD

Didn't eat the appetizers, but the rest was 10/10
Old Nov 13, 2023, 9:56 am

IB 6253 November 10, 2023 - MAD-JFK

​​​​​​Didnt eat the appetizers (not shown). Pasta was an 8/10. Tasty but could have used more sauce. Ice cream dessert was 9/10. Didn't eat the pre-landing meal (also not shown)
Old Nov 13, 2023, 10:00 am

IB 6274 ORD-MAD - October 24, 2023 - VLML

This is the VLML (except for the breakfast)

Quinoa salad - tasty and simple. Perhaps could have used some sort of vinaigrette on the side. 9/10

Pasta with tomato sauce and asparagus - (fruit dessert not shown). No complaints - perfectly cooked - 10/10.

The breakfast was the pancakes from the regular menu because I did not like omelettes. Decent taste but I wasn't exactly a fan of the texture - 6/10.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:03 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Menu and meals on my MIA-MAD flight back in September. Iberia's website kept erroring out and saying the flight was not operated/menu not available until a day or two before the flight. Turns out they were about to switch to a new menu. Still annoying however.

First time on Iberia long-haul after I had a good experience on their intra-Europe service in business class last year. Food was solid, with the star being the appetizer. Main course was average to above-average. Above average dessert. Pretty good breakfast if a bit plain. Crew was the epitome of "go through the motions" and provided the minimum service missing all sorts of details. Towel was at most slightly moist. Predeparture beverages were served but no nuts or chips or olives. No offer of drink refills and no second helpings of bread during the meal. No "how is your meal" or "can I get you anything else". Maybe I'll fly them again in their "suites with doors" product in the future?

Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
LPA - MAD on Iberia Express, lunch-ish departure time:

Gnocci, nothing too spectacular but decent enough, young and engaging crew.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Chicken Caesar salad, veal steak and pavlova MAD-BOS. The starter and the main were good but something had gone horribly wrong with the pavlova, I think the egg white had disintegrated, as it was absolutely tiny (shrunk?) The quiche for their second meal was delicious but should it come with some bread or some kind of carb, as it needed it.

Chicken starter

Veal steak main

Tiny pavlova

Second meal - Spinach quiche

The CC serving my side was kind of miserable, she definitely didn’t want to be there, she rolled her eyes at every interaction!
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
HAM - MAD on mainline, afternoon flight, found it quite good as a meal:

MAD - HAM on mainline, evening departure.
If found squid to be quite a bold offering giving that most airlines tend to serve only "safe" choices of dishes that cater to a wider audience.
Since it is not my thing I opted for the pasta which was good enough though nothing special

Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SirToby
If found squid to be quite a bold offering giving that most airlines tend to serve only "safe" choices of dishes that cater to a wider audience.
Most airlines in English speaking countries (US, UK, etc) yes; most airlines in general: not necessarily - there is definitely a different tradition amongst Mediterranean airlines here so IB, AF, A3 or AZ and its successor are definitely not part of the "chicken or beef" club and will frequently offer main ingredients which BA, DL, AA or UA would never dream of including on their menus from octopus to duck and game to mussels, not to mention foie gras and the likes.

I would add that many of us either from the domestic market of these airlines or from much of Europe - actually welcome this variety and I for one would have most decidedly ordered the octopus on this occasion and have done many times on IB in the past!
PUCCI GALORE and SirToby like this.

Last edited by orbitmic; Dec 17, 2023 at 12:02 pm
Old Dec 17, 2023, 1:49 pm

just got back from a trip in J to Mad and I must say the meals were disgusting. I thought they had a new caterer?
Had a so called Xmas "turkey" meal on the way home and have no idea what it was supposed to be.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 1:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
LHR - MAD, dep 18:45 (A330)

Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
IB 6253 MAD-JFK 25th Feb 2024

Economy class meals were very good: seems from this article, which I had thought sounded like a bit of a puff piece, that IB’s caterer is Do&Co.

https://simpleflying.com/iberia-rede...ls-all-cabins/

I actually thought the economy long haul meal was as good as many BA Business class meals I’ve had on European flights

Starter: Salmorejo soup (like a thicker more bready and oilier gazpacho) with couscous and black olives on top

Then a tomato and cheese pasta with fresh spinach. Pasta was actually al dente!

mango mousse and a roll

Coffee was actually brewed not instant.

And red wine was very good.

Mid-flight snack: Magnum double chocolate choc ice. Excellent.

The only let-down was the second meal. Meant to be some sort of mozzarella sandwich but it looked awful. The meat offering seemed to be on a nice ciabatta but this looked like industrial bread and the cheese certainly wasn’t mozzarella. Not sure why they described it as such…

Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:27 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
23 feb cdg - mad

My meal was delicious. That is actually Chicken and it was moist and tender. The IFL came and did Gold Greetings and asked if wanted anything. I asked for a Cava immediately after take off and I got it! Lovely bright friendly crew who worked hard and in a most pleasant manner. After the dump that is T3 at CDG, it was most welcome

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.