Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
A Christmas meal served in April?!
Yeah I thought that was bizarre myself. Maybe some kind of extended Easter/Passover acknowledgement? Though I think lamb or ham is more traditional for Easter in my experience at least.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by stone12
Longtime lurker here and the menus have just dropped for an upcoming trip. Can anyone provide any feedback or recommendations on these? At first glance I'd probably lean double salmon but that's not exactly exciting. And what on earth is a vegan bolognese?

OK so account is too new to post photos or links so the dishes are
First Flight-
Starters:
Red tuna tataki in a white vitello sauce with anchovies, hard boiled egg and dried cherry tomatoes
Buffalo mozzarella with roasted aubergine and sautéed pepper over a base of gazpacho, served with rosemary focaccia croutons

Mains:
Honey mustard marinated salmon accompanied by celeriac mousseline, carrots, edamame and sundried cherry tomatoes
Rigatoni pasta in a zucchini creamy sauce, with sundried tomato and mozzarella cheese
Turkey roasted breast and braised thigh served with a traditional Christmas stuffing on a cranberry demi-glace

Second Flight-

Starters:
Prawn salad with mango and sweet bell pepper, garnished with a Thai style mayonnaise
German potato salad, served with quails eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives and sweet bell pepper, dressed with lime

Mains:
Grilled beef tenderloin on a green bell pepper sauce, served with pumpkin puree and sautéed vegetables
Grilled salmon in a teriyaki sauce with toasted sesame seeds, served with basmati rice and grilled red bell peppers
Three cheese ravioli with vegan bolognese sauce and spring vegetables
Id probably go for the Turkey . I had something similar on BA business class back in December.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:07 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
"Vegan bolognese" and "three cheese" in the same dish! Are there three different types of vegan cheeses?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:30 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by chacor
"Vegan bolognese" and "three cheese" in the same dish! Are there three different types of vegan cheeses?
lol. For all of Spain's food offerings, IB's AI/intern written J menu is terrible. Just like the lounge food really.

tuna tataki (jap) in a white vitello sauce (ita); (con)fusion? tonnato-tonnato? isn't vitello always white and always has eggs and anchovies? and why dry the cherrry tomatoes. what a waste of fresh tuna, which is in season/'almadraba'.

Buffalo mozzarella with roasted aubergine and sautéed pepper over a base of gazpacho, served with rosemary focaccia croutons.
Again mostly italian...with gazpacho..? So many flavourful Spanish cheeses that would pair nicely with roasted eggplants and peppers, with picos, and gazpacho on the side for a platter, but they come up with this instead.

Honey mustard marinated salmon accompanied by celeriac mousseline, carrots, edamame and sundried cherry tomatoes
edamame
? better if they used it for the teriyaki salmon dish, and save it for the upcoming JP flight. Why not fish and pil pil sauce?

Rigatoni pasta in a zucchini creamy sauce, with sundried tomato and mozzarella cheese
actually reads the least weird.

Turkey roasted breast and braised thigh served with a traditional Christmas stuffing on a cranberry demi-glace
haha, the frozen stuff is expiring and has to be used up...easter lamb too much trouble...

Prawn salad with mango and sweet bell pepper, garnished with a Thai style mayonnaise
why thai, not not a peruvian ceviche/tigers milk that IB flies to.

German potato salad, served with quails eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives and sweet bell pepper, dressed with lime

The russian potato salad is a classic, but no, it has to be german...with lime? why.

Grilled beef tenderloin on a green bell pepper sauce, served with pumpkin puree and sautéed vegetables
Spain serves steak typically with roasted red peppers, so why go green, or they were thinking of padron? pumpkin puree in april?

Grilled salmon in a teriyaki sauce with toasted sesame seeds, served with basmati rice and grilled red bell peppers

Why basmati and not japanese/round? funny this one has the red peppers.

Actually Spanish company
Heura does make vegan 'meat' so at least there's something Spanish about this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by csycsycsy
lol. For all of Spain's food offerings, IB's AI/intern written J menu is terrible. Just like the lounge food really.

tuna tataki (jap) in a white vitello sauce (ita); (con)fusion? tonnato-tonnato? isn't vitello always white and always has eggs and anchovies? and why dry the cherrry tomatoes. what a waste of fresh tuna, which is in season/'almadraba'.

Buffalo mozzarella with roasted aubergine and sautéed pepper over a base of gazpacho, served with rosemary focaccia croutons.
Again mostly italian...with gazpacho..? So many flavourful Spanish cheeses that would pair nicely with roasted eggplants and peppers, with picos, and gazpacho on the side for a platter, but they come up with this instead.

edamame
? better if they used it for the teriyaki salmon dish, and save it for the upcoming JP flight. Why not fish and pil pil sauce?

actually reads the least weird.

haha, the frozen stuff is expiring and has to be used up...easter lamb too much trouble...

why thai, not not a peruvian ceviche/tigers milk that IB flies to.

The russian potato salad is a classic, but no, it has to be german...with lime? why.

Spain serves steak typically with roasted red peppers, so why go green, or they were thinking of padron? pumpkin puree in april?

Why basmati and not japanese/round? funny this one has the red peppers.

Actually Spanish company
Heura does make vegan 'meat' so at least there's something Spanish about this.
Such a long post - Lots of superlative words and complaints but IB is miles ahead of US carriers. Be thankful.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
LGW-MAD
IB 3715
Very good

Egg white omelette

Cava
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by csycsycsy
lol. For all of Spain's food offerings, IB's AI/intern written J menu is terrible. .
isn’t the post a bit heavy on the micro-management?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:36 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by seanp7
Such a long post - Lots of superlative words and complaints but IB is miles ahead of US carriers. Be thankful.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
isn’t the post a bit heavy on the micro-management?
I'm sorry.

I'll forward my moans to IB.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:05 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
On

One of the best airline meals I had intra Europe.
choosethedrew, orbitmic and chacor like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 4:33 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
I'm doing an EP run MAD-GVA-MAD in J next month so looking forward to see what they'll feed me.

Also have a W flight JFK-MAD in September that should be interesting, as I've only ever flown Y and J with IB and don't know their W culinary offerings.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:15 pm

Venice to Madrid | IB Flight 3245
March 2024

Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:25 pm

Madrid to New York (JFK) | IB Flight 6521
March 2024

[Menu]:

[Meals]:

Overall, very pleased with the quality of the meals, wine, and service.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
OPO-MAD

Was pretty impressed with this chilled dinner for a 45 minute flight on a regional jet operated by Air Norstrum.
My choices were "meat or tuna".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.