Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:33 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
MAD-CAI 24 FEB

Iberia Express.

a bar service came through J before dinner. There was no menu and no choice. It was Hake which was perfectly cooked and not,dry or flakey at all. Loads of top ups of drinks from a most pleasant crew. Im afraid that if you didnt like fish , you were rather without much as the bread hadnt been loaded I was told.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
LHR-MAD
Feb 21
J class

Same menu as post #210 above and, I agree - the Roasted Chicken Breast is excellent (and the wines actually). This, in conjunction with the flight being on a new A350 with doors in J and a good crew, was very enjoyable.

Roasted Chicken Breast
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:58 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Question

Originally Posted by salut0
IB 6253 MAD-JFK 25th Feb 2024

Economy class meals were very good: seems from this article, which I had thought sounded like a bit of a puff piece, that IBs caterer is Do&Co.

https://simpleflying.com/iberia-rede...ls-all-cabins/

I actually thought the economy long haul meal was as good as many BA Business class meals Ive had on European flights

Starter: Salmorejo soup (like a thicker more bready and oilier gazpacho) with couscous and black olives on top

Then a tomato and cheese pasta with fresh spinach. Pasta was actually al dente!

mango mousse and a roll

Coffee was actually brewed not instant.

And red wine was very good.

Mid-flight snack: Magnum double chocolate choc ice. Excellent.

The only let-down was the second meal. Meant to be some sort of mozzarella sandwich but it looked awful. The meat offering seemed to be on a nice ciabatta but this looked like industrial bread and the cheese certainly wasnt mozzarella. Not sure why they described it as such
I'm taking a LIM-MAD flight in april, economy. I was reading there is a "Gastrobar" menu with snacks with cost, even for flight that last more than 4.5 hours. So I understand that if I ask for any little snack out of the included lunch or dinner, I have to buy it. But... are there available glasses of water at any time? Or do I need to buy the 33cl still water bottle?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:57 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
Originally Posted by Villavic
I'm taking a LIM-MAD flight in april, economy. I was reading there is a "Gastrobar" menu with snacks with cost, even for flight that last more than 4.5 hours. So I understand that if I ask for any little snack out of the included lunch or dinner, I have to buy it. But... are there available glasses of water at any time? Or do I need to buy the 33cl still water bottle?
I had no issues asking for water in Y on a MAD-JFK in January and wasn't asked to pay. We also had the Magnum ice creams; they even came round again offering seconds of it because they had extras!
Old Mar 3, 2024, 7:34 am

CAI-MAD 29 Feb 2024

Juice or water were served immediately after take off. The Meal and Drink order were then taken. As with the outbound, there was no choice of main course. Dinner was Gnocchi with a curry flavoured sauce

Before dinner, the bar cart came out. Meals followed about 19 minutes later. I enjoyed it all and found the Gnocchi very filling. There was a rare beef salad to start and what I would describe as a Strudel for dessert. Drinks were replenished upon request by a pleasant and friendly crew.

Old Mar 3, 2024, 7:48 am

1 MAR 2024 MAD-NTE

Firstly forgive me - I thought that I had snapped the tray but clearly I have not, The flight left at 07.35 so we had breakfast, Juice was served after take off and being Air Nostrum there were two choice - for us - the other man had to have the charcuterie plate, Ours was a rather odd selection. There was a sort of Quiche, a couple of tomatoes, a sort of creamed spinach and something else that slips my mind. You could have had Cava if you were so inclined (actually this is a good time to mention that Iberia serves excellent Orange Juice - it's not fresh squeezed but it is very good).

We had to have it heated again as the time in the oven had been inadequate and the meal was absolutely cold even though the dish was quite hot. All this was done with good humour and pleasantness by another friendly and pleasant crew. The only problem is that the space between the seats in that rather pleasant and quiet pipsqueak of an aircraft is such that actually cutting and getting the food into your mouth is quite a challenge!
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
IB3175 LHR-MAD, lunch down to Madrid on Monday:

Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
CAI-MAD 29 Feb 2024

Juice or water were served immediately after take off. The Meal and Drink order were then taken. As with the outbound, there was no choice of main course. Dinner was Gnocchi with a curry flavoured sauce

Before dinner, the bar cart came out. Meals followed about 19 minutes later. I enjoyed it all and found the Gnocchi very filling. There was a rare beef salad to start and what I would describe as a Strudel for dessert. Drinks were replenished upon request by a pleasant and friendly crew.

Thanks for posting this picture. IB's gnocchi is consistently tasty.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
Thanks for posting this picture. IB's gnocchi is consistently tasty.
You are so welcome - Iberia's food is so much better than BAs. I never thought that I would write that but IB has really changed for the better over the years.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Mar 20, 2024 at 1:31 pm
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TarquinMontague
IB3175 LHR-MAD, lunch down to Madrid on Monday:
wow, when they say artichoke, they mean artichoke!
TarquinMontague likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:35 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
ZRH-MAD
14:55 departure

Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:57 am

Programs: BA blue, very lapsed Delta
How was the panna cotta? Its a choice for my flight on Tuesday and Im tempted.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:32 am

Programs: BA blue, very lapsed Delta

LHR-MAD Tuesday 12th 18:45. By the time they got to me they had run out of hake and I got this thing which I didnt even bother with as I hate cheese, so Mr Mysore and I swapped meals. But the panna cotta was absolutely delicious!
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:36 pm

Longtime lurker here and the menus have just dropped for an upcoming trip. Can anyone provide any feedback or recommendations on these? At first glance I'd probably lean double salmon but that's not exactly exciting. And what on earth is a vegan bolognese?

OK so account is too new to post photos or links so the dishes are
First Flight-
Starters:
Red tuna tataki in a white vitello sauce with anchovies, hard boiled egg and dried cherry tomatoes
Buffalo mozzarella with roasted aubergine and sauted pepper over a base of gazpacho, served with rosemary focaccia croutons

Mains:
Honey mustard marinated salmon accompanied by celeriac mousseline, carrots, edamame and sundried cherry tomatoes
Rigatoni pasta in a zucchini creamy sauce, with sundried tomato and mozzarella cheese
Turkey roasted breast and braised thigh served with a traditional Christmas stuffing on a cranberry demi-glace

Second Flight-
Starters:
Prawn salad with mango and sweet bell pepper, garnished with a Thai style mayonnaise
German potato salad, served with quails eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives and sweet bell pepper, dressed with lime

Mains:
Grilled beef tenderloin on a green bell pepper sauce, served with pumpkin puree and sauted vegetables
Grilled salmon in a teriyaki sauce with toasted sesame seeds, served with basmati rice and grilled red bell peppers
Three cheese ravioli with vegan bolognese sauce and spring vegetables

Last edited by Prospero; May 25, 2024 at 9:43 am Reason: Adjust text colour for dark mode readers
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by stone12
Longtime lurker here and the menus have just dropped for an upcoming trip. Can anyone provide any feedback or recommendations on these? At first glance I'd probably lean double salmon but that's not exactly exciting. And what on earth is a vegan bolognese?

OK so account is too new to post photos or links so the dishes are
First Flight-
Starters:
Red tuna tataki in a white vitello sauce with anchovies, hard boiled egg and dried cherry tomatoes
Buffalo mozzarella with roasted aubergine and sauted pepper over a base of gazpacho, served with rosemary focaccia croutons

Mains:
Honey mustard marinated salmon accompanied by celeriac mousseline, carrots, edamame and sundried cherry tomatoes
Rigatoni pasta in a zucchini creamy sauce, with sundried tomato and mozzarella cheese
Turkey roasted breast and braised thigh served with a traditional Christmas stuffing on a cranberry demi-glace

Second Flight-

Starters:
Prawn salad with mango and sweet bell pepper, garnished with a Thai style mayonnaise
German potato salad, served with quails eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives and sweet bell pepper, dressed with lime

Mains:
Grilled beef tenderloin on a green bell pepper sauce, served with pumpkin puree and sauted vegetables
Grilled salmon in a teriyaki sauce with toasted sesame seeds, served with basmati rice and grilled red bell peppers
Three cheese ravioli with vegan bolognese sauce and spring vegetables
A Christmas meal served in April?!
orbitmic likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.