Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:16 pm

MAD - LHR this week. Fantastic crew and service. Purser was knowledgeable about the wines served, and I was surprised to see two large bottles of cognac brought out when requested, with the purser once again adding his own recommendation. Anyone know how you send a customer compliment to the crew?
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:57 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC

MAD-MIA in W.

Very tasty dish. Even ate the broccoli and generally avoid it all togethe as everything was prepared very well. Weirdly the most disappoint part was probably the dessert but still pretty good.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 12:14 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Apologies it wrong place to ask but I'm travelling long haul LAX-MAD soon in Business.
Unfortunately I'm a diabetic and been thinking about choosing the special meal - but there is just so much uncertainty.
At least with normal meals, given a choice, I can just push away the high carb stuff.
I've seen the menu for the flight and to be honest - doesnt really look like anything is amazing so thought I'd give the Special diabetic meal a try - at least it won't be ice cream or cake.
Any experiences with DM meals or opinions on choose a special meal on Iberia?
Old Apr 25, 2023, 12:12 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
MAD - SCQ, Iberia Express, dep 15:4
MAD - LHR dep 1320
Butter and oil for the bread missing again.
Honey - people in Spain do not usually use butter or oil on bread at meals outside breakfast.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 12:26 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

1st APR NTE-MAD Air Nostrum

Breakfast or Brunch. The Club section was nearly full and we got the hot breakfast. It was very tasty and the Cava was icy cold.
The crew of two were simply delightful. I really like this airline.

Oxon Flyer there wasn’t any butter but you don’t use them on Croissants or Viennoiserie. .
SirToby likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:14 am

Programs: AA
IB Meals in J

Don’t see a meals thread on here recently so let’s start one! Share your menus and experiences from IB J!
Old Jun 5, 2023, 5:53 pm

For the non-vegetarian selections, looks like I have a choice between the beef fillet and seared shrimp on a flight coming up from DFW. Will probably go with the beef, though not expecting much at all, of course.

Does anyone know what beers Iberia normally caters?
Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:25 am

I've just flown MAD-MIA and back.

I was quite impressed. Outbound starter was a Russian Salad which actually was fairly average, but the Pork Cheek main was lovely. Desert was a cheeseboard. I can only recall the other main option (I think there were 3) which was a pumpkin ravioli I think.

Then had a cheese rigatoni before landing which was tasty if a little boring.

The return was a late flight, the burrata and tomato salad starter was excellent, the main chicken was dry so not amazing. Finally, breakfast before we landed was smoked salmon.

Overall, I must say I was fairly impressed with the overall offering and accompanying breads and the like. You can find the menu online but not sure how far in advance.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
There is a thread for this with quite a good history, couldn't find it right now, though.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro
Old Jun 12, 2023, 4:54 am

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Business Meals Intercontinental are much better than Transcontinental.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 1:04 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
MAD-LGW last night. This was described as beef something or other. No menus and the DA spoke very quietly so just took the only thing offered.

The vegetable thing was a bit poor but the meat ball dish was very good and ideal for the flight length, especially after having eaten in the lounge. Booze was offered but I was driving later. Desert was also nice but could have done with four of them. I rarely fly Iberia (OK Iberia Express and Air Nostrum before that) and these flights do not encourage me to do so mere despite the decent meal. 1A was not comfortable on this A320 with the panel in front of you.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
IB Express MAD-AMS, July 3, biz class.

Small salad was chicken, lettuce and a honey mustard style dressing. Tasty. Fish was good too. Warm bread rolls offered and full bar.

DaveS and SirToby like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This was MAD-ZRH the other day. Service was pretty good and attentive, but I had a PoS in the aisle (I was in the window) who kept loudly blathering to the person across the aisle. I'm not in to these people who have to make sure that the whole cabin knows all the details of their lives. Anyway, the food was really good, much better than LH Group or AFKL.

I took the braised pork shank - never touch polenta on a plane
seanp7 and DaveS like this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 7:49 am

LAX to MAD, grilled chicken appetizer was very good, beef cheeks were ok
SK, hur88, wtcmor and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.