Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
No subtitles in English for me,
You'll have to enable them, google enable youtube subtitles if you don't know how.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
What's the offering like in business on a 10.40 LHR - MAD flight?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Breakfast... an omelette with a croissant and orange juice, basically.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by stu1985
There is a pic at the bottom of page 2 I posted from a morning LHR-MAD back in April.

It was a plain omelette, and dry pastries.

Breakfast is not Iberia's strong point...
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:30 am

Better eat in GF before hand then!!!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
EDI - MAD Iberia Express 11.05 departure 'Brunch'

Not acceptable for a near 3 hour flight. Pastry more soggy than crispy. Fruit was actually very good though - usually I find fruit on planes awful.

If they insist on brunch, I'd have far preferred a cold plate, perhaps with Iberian ham, cheese and olives.

This was my first time travelling business with I2 and I struggle to see why you'd pay the premium - even the dishes are plastic. Very much a downgrade from mainline.

Flying with them again on Sat during dinner, which I think will hopefully be better.
Attached Images  

Last edited by jackr27; Aug 2, 2016 at 3:47 pm
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
IB6314: SJO-MAD. Airbus A340-600. Coach.

Two services: dinner and breakfast. Open bar during flight.

Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by jackr27

Not acceptable for a near 3 hour flight. Pastry more soggy than crispy. Fruit was actually very good though - usually I find fruit on planes awful.

If they insist on brunch, I'd have far preferred a cold plate, perhaps with Iberian ham, cheese and olives.

This was my first time travelling business with I2 and I struggle to see why you'd pay the premium - even the dishes are plastic. Very much a downgrade from mainline.

Flying with them again on Sat during dinner, which I think will hopefully be better.
It certainly looks a bit lame.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle

I am flying IB express next month MAD - MAN in C so wonder what I will get? By the looks of some of the meals it does vary. Some look very good but other like this one.. Well I think that I would have just eaten the bread!

My wife usually order the fruit meal which is good in her opinion. She usually just eats I the lounge and View the fruit as a snack.

I'm in mainline IB LHR - MAD so it will be a good comparison.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:05 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HarryBA
I am flying IB express next month MAD - MAN in C so wonder what I will get? By the looks of some of the meals it does vary. Some look very good but other like this one.. Well I think that I would have just eaten the bread!

My wife usually order the fruit meal which is good in her opinion. She usually just eats I the lounge and View the fruit as a snack.

I'm in mainline IB LHR - MAD so it will be a good comparison.
If your flight is after 12 I believe you get a proper dinner.

Breakfast on Iberia is atrocious, however, in my experience, lunch and dinner are more than acceptable.

So I hope both of your flights leave after 12
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by ariel_sjo
IB6314: SJO-MAD. Airbus A340-600. Coach.

Two services: dinner and breakfast. Open bar during flight.

That, to me, looks like pretty decent economy class catering. I reckon it would keep me going!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by stu1985
see my post #52 for last month's breakfast
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
If your flight is after 12 I believe you get a proper dinner.

Breakfast on Iberia is atrocious, however, in my experience, lunch and dinner are more than acceptable.

So I hope both of your flights leave after 12

It's a 4pm ish departure from Madrid. So it should be ok.

I now always book IB flights leaving to or from LHR/MAD as the on flight service and food is better than BA.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by MarkLHR
see my post #52 for last month's breakfast
MarkLHR - basically what I got. Cheese omelette - no tomato sauce but 3 wee tomatoes. Yoghurt drink, fruit, breads and croissants. And more than one fizz. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I love how when you get more drinks they take you the wee packets of nuts. You wouldn't get that on BA unless you asked (and even then you'd probably get a look!).
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Dinner MAD-LGW.

It was actually very good quality.

I do think, however, when flying European business there should at least be a choice between 2 meal options - when the hard product is essentially the same (which I completely accept) I do expect something more from the soft product.

I wouldn't bother with Iberia Express J again.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.