Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by RhubarbPie
How generous is this hyatt about platinum upgrades? My parents are staying here in mid-August (1 night is an award, and 2 nights are paid) and right now, a harbor view room for their dates, is like 8-9USD more than a standard room, but its full pre-payment, non-changeable. There is like only a 1% chance their dates would change, but who knows. Is there a decent chance of an upgrade or should I just prepay the room so they have a guaranteed view?
I have been upgraded at the TSTproperty as a Plat and as a Diamond. The hotel is fantastic. I wouldn't worry too much about the harbor view as long as you can get club access, since the view the lounge is fantastic...
Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: United 1K & AA Exec Plat
If I go in the middle of October, what is the chance for a upgrade as a Platinum member?

Also, would they give me access to the Regency Lounge (I am assuming they have one), for being a Platinum Member.

TIA
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by Chucksterace
If I go in the middle of October, what is the chance for a upgrade as a Platinum member?

Also, would they give me access to the Regency Lounge (I am assuming they have one), for being a Platinum Member.

TIA
Only Diamond and above gets lounge.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:36 am
LTH

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Only Diamond and above gets lounge.
What's above diamond?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by LTH
What's above diamond?
Courtesy Card.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTH

What's above diamond?

Courtesy Card.
Boom.

Btw, great hotel in a great location. I really like the proximity to the MTR. At the grand you have a roughly 15 min walk. HK is such a great city!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by Chucksterace

TIA
October is busy time in Hong Kong, hotels are pretty full.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by ahcjar103
Boom.

Btw, great hotel in a great location. I really like the proximity to the MTR. At the grand you have a roughly 15 min walk. HK is such a great city!
I would say GOOD hotel in a great location. In a city like Hong Kong this is not a great hotel. That being said I stay there twice per year, because of the location and the fact that it is a good hotel.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by MW147
I would say GOOD hotel in a great location. In a city like Hong Kong this is not a great hotel. That being said I stay there twice per year, because of the location and the fact that it is a good hotel.
Aside from the location please describe what makes it "good" versus what you consider "great" and would you say the Grand Hyatt is a "great" hotel?
I've never stayed at either one but I might be going soon.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Aside from the location please describe what makes it "good" versus what you consider "great" and would you say the Grand Hyatt is a "great" hotel?
I've never stayed at either one but I might be going soon.
It's been several years since I stayed at the GH, but to me the differences are that the rooms are larger and just more plush. And there is absolutely no comparison in the public spaces. The lobby and other public spaces in the GH are just, well, much more grand than they are at the HR. I also think the staff is, or at least was, just that little bit more savvy and professional.

HK has some of the finest hotels in the world. To me the HR is a very solid 4 star hotel, which in most areas of the world would make it a 5 star hotel. But not in HK.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
They aren't generous about diamond upgrades, so I wouldn't expect them to be generous about platinum upgrades. You have to be on a higher floor in order to get a harbor view. As a diamond this year, I was told that it was my first visit and I shouldn't expect a good upgrade.
I have gotten a suite twice and honestly I almost like the regular rooms more.

Love the lounge with it's spectacular views and the great staff there. I also find the offerings in terms of what is being served for breakfast and cocktail hour alright and in line what you can expect at a Hyatt Regency. Actually a tid above that.

The taxi situation is awful at this hotel. At least during the day.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:33 am

We just returned from our Macau/HK trip.

I have to agree with those who said that this is just a good hotel in a great location. I think our initial impressions were partially skewed because we had just come from the GH Macau which is beautiful, extremely detail-oriented with a really striking lobby, and we were upgraded to a very beautiful and massive corner suite. When we arrived at Hyatt Regency HK, the only platinum upgrade option at check in was the same room category, but on the highest floor available or we could pay HK150/night and be upgraded to a larger room with partial harbor views. We ended up choosing this option as for me, in a city like HK, the view is important (its obviously not a priority for many people, but its just something I appreciate...) and 20USD/night seemed reasonable. We were also told that this was the last room in that category that was available. After we got into our room (which was still small, despite the paid upgrade), I checked online to see if I could book that category of room for that night (and the 3 subsequent nights we were staying), and I could book multiple rooms. So that was a little frustrating. I gave the front desk agent the benefit of the doubt and just chalked it up to the website not having up to date availability, which I guess could happen.

The view from our room was really spectacular and so that made it seem worth it to me. The bathroom was also huge.

On the first night, we came back to our room after dinner around 11PM to find water all over half of the bathroom floor (near the sink). We had taken showers prior to leaving so I figured maybe, because of the open layout of the shower/bath, we had gotten water on the floor. So I cleaned it up with a towel, and then turned the sink on to wash my face, brush teeth etc. Again, I was standing in a puddle of water. It was midnight by this time. I called down to have a maintenance person come look at the sink. One guy (housekeeping maybe?) came up, looked at it, and then said he was sending maintenance up. So 5-10 min later, maintenance comes up, fixes the sink and puts a bunch of towels around where the leak was. I was glad it was an easy fix. I asked him to send up more towels, as all of ours were on the floor by the sink at this point, that way we'd be able to shower in the morning. Said he would. It was a little after 12:30am when he left, I waited until 1:15 to get the towels and no one came. So I called down once again for towels, and a very terse guest services person said she would have some sent up. Housekeeping arrived 15 minutes later with towels.

The following morning, I took a shower, and then my husband took a shower, and then our phone rang. And then there were knocks on the door. We picked up the phone to someone asking us if we could open the door. We were both in towels, trying to dry off. We dressed as quickly as possible and opened the door to find 7 hotel staff outside asking us if there was a fire in our room. ...? The woman in charge questioned me for 15 minutes about our activities, did we leave the door open or closed during our shower, are we sure that we did not light any fires, etc. What a huge inconvenience. Especially as we were trying to get dressed.

After all this, I went downstairs and asked to speak to the rooms manager. I just felt that we had paid to upgrade to a room that seemed to be having many problems. She offered to refund what we had paid, which I appreciated. Nonetheless, my experience at this hotel was kind of soured by the first 2 days' experiences.

The pool setup was also strange. Its a nice enough pool I guess, and there is a hot tub that could seat A LOT of people. But you go to the 9th floor (I think), and then have to walk down a set of stairs to the 8th floor. Then get a wrist bracelet from people that look like theyre maybe associated with the high rise condos that are attached to the Hyatt. Then you can go to the pool. I was wondering how people who are unable to walk or can walk but can't do stairs, get to the pool. Im not sure if there was an alternative way to get in, but when I asked I was instructed to go to the 9th floor, and then walk down to the 8th floor. When Im on vacation, I prefer to just get out of the elevator and walk on to the pool deck without all of the added steps. But thats just me.

Our room was on the 17th floor with a harbor view and the view was really lovely. The location cant be beat. Its connected to TST station, the art mall, and tons and tons of restaurants everywhere. Its a really pleasant walk down Nathan St to all of the other places on that side of HK that you'd want to go to (and if you dont feel like walking, the subway is right there). Its an easy walk to the harbor as well. We bought the 48 hour Big bus tour and it was a 5 minute walk to the meeting point at the Peninsula. Truly a great location - I wouldn't want to be located anywhere but TST in HK. It would be great if there was a PH or GH nearby. I hate the location of the GH on HK Island, so unfortunately will never stay there. I would probably return to this Hyatt if the rates are reasonable the next time were in HK.

Anyways, just wanted to share my experience. Hope its helpful!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:19 pm

I used points and booked two club rooms for two nights (12/30 & 12/31) for our family of five. Emailed the hotel to request connecting rooms since we are traveling with 3 young kids, they told me no connecting rooms on club floor except Regency Suite which requires another $250 a night... oh well guess we will have to do without.

Any suggestions as to how to get to the airport from the hotel? We have to catch a flight on DragonAir to Shanghai on Jan 1.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2
I used points and booked two club rooms for two nights (12/30 & 12/31) for our family of five. Emailed the hotel to request connecting rooms since we are traveling with 3 young kids, they told me no connecting rooms on club floor except Regency Suite which requires another $250 a night... oh well guess we will have to do without.

Any suggestions as to how to get to the airport from the hotel? We have to catch a flight on DragonAir to Shanghai on Jan 1.
Then I'd book just one club room and tell them to EAD.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
Then I'd book just one club room and tell them to EAD.
EAD?

Unfortunately one room doesn't have enough beds for all five of us, I need two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.