Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by exmike
Interesting, I had no problem with the internet speed. It wasnt like fiber or anything but good enough.

For people who dont have status and dont want to pay for wifi, you can use the provided cell phone to tether!
I had a huge problem with the internet.

Tethering was faster than the free wifi we receive as plats.

7 nights of hell pretty much for me

Internet kept cutting in and out due to the location the router was on my floor.

The internet lady kept trying to blame my Mac which was false.
They changed the router the next day and it resolved it but the internet was still darn slow.

NewWorld is there developer and services the whole K11 buildling.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:26 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; SM-G900V Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.141 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I'm sorry but...7 nights of hell because of bad Internet? Was the trip solely meant to conduct mission critical business in the room all week?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:04 am

Hotels with bad internet speed is a must-to-avoid in my book. Thanks for the heads up. I won't be visiting Hyatt TST anytime soon.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum. Hyatt Diamond
Use handy

The internet speed is not so good as we just finished two stay in 3 weeks.

Use the cellphone they give to you, it is called HANDY. pretty good. when we walked in HK, use that as tethering, you have internet all day long wherever you go, pretty cool and its FREE. calling to USA is free just people can not call you back on that handy.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
1) Does anyone have any experience in how they treat diamonds? Upgrades, etc? We need two beds so not sure if there is anything they can upgrade us to besides club room twin beds;

2) Has anyone used HANDY besides PSseetheworld? Really interested in the quality of it and its usefullness and wondering if they would give us two HANDY's for the two people staying in the room?

thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
1) Does anyone have any experience in how they treat diamonds? Upgrades, etc? We need two beds so not sure if there is anything they can upgrade us to besides club room twin beds;

2) Has anyone used HANDY besides PSseetheworld? Really interested in the quality of it and its usefullness and wondering if they would give us two HANDY's for the two people staying in the room?

thanks!
I found the phone invaluable actually. I didn't have to worry about getting a data plan for my trip. Just tethered my own phone to it and used my own phone the whole trip. I use google voice so I'm not sure about the calls to the US but I'm sure thats a nice feature. Its also a nice phone in its own right if you dont want to tether. You can install your own apps on it as well should you feel the need to customize the phone.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by exmike
I found the phone invaluable actually. I didn't have to worry about getting a data plan for my trip. Just tethered my own phone to it and used my own phone the whole trip. I use google voice so I'm not sure about the calls to the US but I'm sure thats a nice feature. Its also a nice phone in its own right if you dont want to tether. You can install your own apps on it as well should you feel the need to customize the phone.
Agreed I was there a week ago and the handy phone was great. We believe the Google maps which state me from having to use my personal phone data. I'll see you called the US one and it was free and easy to use. I only wish more hotels would offer that sort of device.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:32 pm

If you plan on using the phone to create a hotspot while you are out and about you might want to think about being a portable battery to charge the phone. You can burn through the battery on the phone pretty quickly from my experience.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me

thanks!
I definitely know that Diamonds get a high-floor room.

24th floor is where the Regency Club is and the TV's are Sony compared to a generic brand, There's a coffee machine and a few other perks.

The point of them putting all the diamond's there is because the regency lounge is also located on the 24th floor.

Not sure if they will give you a harbor view.

----------

One handy per room very specific at check-in. You will sign an agreement that if it get's lost etc.

Handy's speed was acceptable around Hong Kong, I was able to get around but you have to remember the internet in Hong Kong is crap. If we have 4G LTE there speed feels like 2G
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:23 pm

Even with the lowest price room reserved, as a Diamond I've always been put on the top floor with a harbor view. This is only with one room though so YMMV with two rooms.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Heading to HK in September to get married. It's in one of the registry offices in HK

Booked to stay in this hotel for 5 nights and got a rate of 1640HK$ per night, which I think is pretty good, Standard King Room.

As a Platinum, how likely is any form of upgrade upon check-in? I don't have any points left on my account, but tempted to purchase some under the current 40% offer to either upgrade to a club room or a suite. Is it worth it?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
but tempted to purchase some .....to either upgrade to a club room or a suite.
Before taking any steps in this direction, recall that the T&Cs of point upgrades require that you pay a minimum of the Hyatt Daily Rate. I'd advise first verifying whether your current rate meets that minimum.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:44 am

Heading to HK in September to get married. It's in one of the registry offices in HK

Booked to stay in this hotel for 5 nights and got a rate of 1640HK$ per night, which I think is pretty good, Standard King Room.

As a Platinum, how likely is any form of upgrade upon check-in? I don't have any points left on my account, but tempted to purchase some under the current 40% offer to either upgrade to a club room or a suite. Is it worth it?
Isn't the sale $17 per 1,000 points? That would be $50 per night for a club upgrade and $100 a night for a suite upgrade. I don't think it would be worth it.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum

Tell them (in your reservation notes/requests) that you just got married in HK....maybe they'll throw a bone your way.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by 1thumper
Even with the lowest price room reserved, as a Diamond I've always been put on the top floor with a harbor view. This is only with one room though so YMMV with two rooms.
This is great to hear, since I've got a government rate room booked for next month and am hoping for an upgrade to harbor view. Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.