Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
Heading to HK in September to get married. It's in one of the registry offices in HK

Booked to stay in this hotel for 5 nights and got a rate of 1640HK$ per night, which I think is pretty good, Standard King Room.

As a Platinum, how likely is any form of upgrade upon check-in? I don't have any points left on my account, but tempted to purchase some under the current 40% offer to either upgrade to a club room or a suite. Is it worth it?
Unless you're the only guest that night, you are SOL.

Welcome to Hong Kong, nothing is free!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
2nd time at this property, single night cash+points as diamond. Upgraded to Suite at check in. Well done Hyatt TST!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:25 am

Stayed here last week for 1 night and was given a harbor room with a great view on teh 20th floor. It was not on the club floor but still had access to the club. Breakfast was pretty poor in the club compared to the Grand Hyatt in HK. I've stayed here 3 times now, and only once have been upgraded to a suite but generally I'm only staying 1 night each time so that's ok - especially since that isn't required by the T&C.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Used one of my Diamond suite upgrades here as I have friends along and can actually make use of the extra space (mine tend to expire as I won't use them traveling solo). I'm on the 8th floor with a partial harbour view (nothing as good as the view from the 23rd floor Regency Club). Only three of us at breakfast at 7a.m. and eventually I had the whole place to myself. Just as I left a large family group was coming in.

View from Regency Club:

Photos in the Hong Kong gallery linked below. When I get home they'll be moved over to the Hyatt gallery.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'll be staying here for the first time in September and could use some advice on room booking strategy. I'm on a Diamond challenge and have no experience with Hyatt upgrades. I'd like a nice room, preferably harbor view on a high floor. Two weeks out, occupancy looks fairly low (Daily Rate is HK$ 1800). Should I:

1. Book the cheapest room on the theory I'm likely to get a good upgrade;
2. Book a more expensive room to increase odds of a decent upgrade (and if so, what would I have to book?); or
3. Use a DSU (leaning against this option based on prior comments in this thread).

I usually stay at the Conrad and the deal there (as HH Gold) is, if you book the cheapest room, you get an upgrade to executive peak view; if you book a harbor view, you get upgraded to executive harbor view. Wondering if there are similarly predictable rules at Hyatt TST.

Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:10 pm

Back again in a 23rd floor end-unit suite with a Kowloon Park view. Same floor plan as my prior stay last week. Just steps away from the Regency Club on the same floor.

Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:14 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Tom, IMO the room next to yours (2308) is preferable to the suite. It's much larger than a regular harborview room (those are small), but has a much better view than the suite.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:18 pm

Have you requested specific rooms here before? I've only been staying once a year and have just taken whatever they give me. I did watch the Symphony of Lights from the Regency Club one night as I had arrived there at 1925, 5 mins before the evening service ends, and figured I'd hang around. The sofa in my room came in handy as I had friends along and we took an hour break from touring in the afternoon (they were at Grand Hyatt while I was at Tsim Sha Tsui the last two nights).
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
Thanks for the view! I'll be here for a 5 night stay early September in a Suite. Looking forward to it!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:52 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by tom911
Have you requested specific rooms here before?
I have a request for high floor xx08 on file, and they're happy to accommodate, if possible. These rooms are preferable not just because of their size, but also because of the view -- both the harbor and Kowloon Park; most notably, the bed directly faces the harbor (similar to the way you have a direct view from the suite bed to the Elements mall). The caveat is that there are only about half a dozen of these rooms on floors with harbor views, and they preferentially assign them to parties that require an extra bed (the regular rooms are too small for extra beds). I'm about 50% on xx08 rooms, but 100% on >18 floor harborview rooms. This hotel really treats Diamonds well, especially repeat guests.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by jpdx
I have a request for high floor xx08 on file, and they're happy to accommodate, if possible. These rooms are preferable not just because of their size, but also because of the view -- both the harbor and Kowloon Park; most notably, the bed directly faces the harbor (similar to the way you have a direct view from the suite bed to the Elements mall). The caveat is that there are only about half a dozen of these rooms on floors with harbor views, and they preferentially assign them to parties that require an extra bed (the regular rooms are too small for extra beds). I'm about 50% on xx08 rooms, but 100% on >18 floor harborview rooms. This hotel really treats Diamonds well, especially repeat guests.
Thank you for the wonderful tips, jpdx. I have a 5 night stay booked at the hotel for early December, and hope that they will be able to honor some upgrade requests based on my Diamond status.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by enelym1978
I'm finishing a 3 nights stay on C+P and I do like the property. Good room size and I'm lucky enough to get a view on the harbour, ICC and IFC.

My only negative point: internet speed.

There is free internet for Platinum and Diamond but the speed is just awful for Hong Kong. For reference, the Holiday Inn Express SoHo gets a 30Mb/s download and upload speed whereas the HR TST gets you a painful 1.3Mb/s up and down on average... Seriously, I can't even watch a Youtube 10 minutes video in 720p without pre-loading it a few minutes before...

I am guessing the paid option gets a higher speed? Or is it just my luck?
I am really surprised to hear about the slow internet speed. I wonder if something changed. I have been staying here twice per year since the property opened, and never had a problem. My most recent stay was this past April (only 1 night; I don't recall if I even used the internet).

I will be back in October and will report back if I think it has changed.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Thank you for the wonderful tips, jpdx. I have a 5 night stay booked at the hotel for early December, and hope that they will be able to honor some upgrade requests based on my Diamond status.
I will be staying here early December as well. Did you book with points or paid?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by rgmonkey
I will be staying here early December as well. Did you book with points or paid?
My stay was booked using points, since it will be a leisure trip.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:51 pm

Hello, I'll be staying here for 8 nights early next year with my brother and was wondering if there are any particular rooms we should request. It sounds like a DSU probably isn't the best idea since the suites only have kings and the layout is odd for 2 siblings who don't want to share a bed.

A previous poster mentioned requesting high XX08 rooms. Should we go that route or am I mistaken about using a DSU?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.