Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Regency Suite - separate living room?

I having an upcoming stay with my 2 kids (a 4 year old and a 1 year old) in Hong Kong. Does anyone know if the Regency Suite at the Hyatt Regency TST has a separate living room with a door that closes? Having a door that closes is key to allow the kids to sleep and nap. I looked at some of the photos of the suite that FTers had posted but I could not tell if the living room was open or enclosed.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 6:26 pm

There are bedroom doors in the suite.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:45 pm

FYI. Had a 3-day stay in this HR with family two weeks ago. Booked two rooms using points but only one room was given club access (Diamond member).

Eventually I paid extra 3k points per night for the second room to get club access (total 18k instead of 15k).
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
You can always have Dim sum for lunch.

It is a mini-buffet style breakfast (30-40 dishes instead of 60 thus the mini).

The allure of the club lounge isn't just the breakfast, it is also the pre-dinner cocktail, and the View from the club lounge itself.

I was still very surprised that they don't have any dim sum dishes in the breakfast buffet. I am wondering if the Grand Hyatt across the harbor has dim sum. PH Shanghai certainly does better.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:19 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedlite
I was still very surprised that they don't have any dim sum dishes in the breakfast buffet. I am wondering if the Grand Hyatt across the harbor has dim sum. PH Shanghai certainly does better.
The GH club typically has one dim sum dish in the breakfast buffet, the type varies each day.
Old May 2, 2012, 7:23 pm

Recent thoughts - HR TST Regency Club ?

I have not stayed in the new hotel - old guest at the old one on Nathan Road which devolved to a low quality breakfast and they actually ahd the temerity to monitor you to 2 drinks at night and chase you with a bill.

I've looked for recent Club reviews but not really found clear current reviews. Appreciate all help. Thanks !
Old May 2, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by idainc
I have not stayed in the new hotel - old guest at the old one on Nathan Road which devolved to a low quality breakfast and they actually ahd the temerity to monitor you to 2 drinks at night and chase you with a bill.

I've looked for recent Club reviews but not really found clear current reviews. Appreciate all help. Thanks !
Well the club in this one isn't as grand as the GHHK.

Cheaper wines and food overall. They have essentially the same view as the GHHK but with a view from Kowloon.

I personally prefer the club at this hotel though as I find the staff here my friendly.

YMMV
Old May 13, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Delta Gold
I'm staying at this property this weekend (checking out in a few hours to head back into the mainland). The best thing about this property is its location. The property in Sha Tin, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, and Dongguan all have better club lounges. And they all have seem to have a much more relaxed policy about the club lounge itself (on my current stay, I have one room that I paid for and a 2nd room that I used points to for; both rooms in my name; but I am the only one allowed access to the club floor; this would not be an issue at a number of other properties).

The fitness center is much smaller and less well equipped than the other properties I frequent.

Considering the increased price you pay for TST over the other properties, you need a significant reason to stay here versus Sha Tin.

But again, if you want to be able to walk out of the front door and into TST, this is place to stay.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: US, UA, CO, AA, Delta
Newbie question here:
I will be a first time visitor to Hong Kong in January 2013. I've got 2 free nights from the Chase Hyatt card and 2 free suite upgrades on a paid stay. I've gone back and forth on which Hyatt to stay in GH or HR TST and I've gone back and forth on whether it's worth it to pay for the stay and use a suite upgrade just to get Harbor Views.

I think I have finally decided that the Kowloon location would be better for a solo traveler because it's a better location. So as of now I have booked the HR TST in January 2013 for 2 nights using my free nights. I'm kind of bummed that I won't have a Harbor View though so I am seriously considering paying for those 2 nights ($533 all in) and using a suite upgrade.

Thoughts from those that have been to Hong Kong and stayed at either/both properties? Would it be worth it to pay and use a suite upgrade? I'm a Platinum member and I arrive at 5:30am so I'd like early check in; maybe a suite upgrade would help with that cause too? Club floor would be nice too but I don't think a suite upgrade would get me that. Thanks!
Old May 25, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've been to both many times. both are great properties, although I find the kowloon one better for transportation as it is directly above a major MTR interchange. TST.

If its your first time in HK, and you are solo, who cares the view from your window? Save your money and explore one of the best cities in the world.

There are lots of great places on both sides, so whichever you stay in, you will be crossing over all the time. I actually prefer the island side, but given therices to stay on the island, I now stay on Kowloon, and travel across to the island, it's very easy.

The Kowloon hyatt is much more modern.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
I've been to both many times. both are great properties, although I find the kowloon one better for transportation as it is directly above a major MTR interchange. TST.

If its your first time in HK, and you are solo, who cares the view from your window? Save your money and explore one of the best cities in the world.

There are lots of great places on both sides, so whichever you stay in, you will be crossing over all the time. I actually prefer the island side, but given therices to stay on the island, I now stay on Kowloon, and travel across to the island, it's very easy.

The Kowloon hyatt is much more modern.
Hmm...good point. I guess there are plenty of other places to see the harbor view and light show. Who knows, maybe they'll upgrade me just for asking
Old May 25, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
If you have a drink in the intercontinental on Kowloon side in the bar,or stand outside on the harbour side, you get a great view of the island and it's nightly fireworks for free :-)
Old May 25, 2012, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
If you have a drink in the intercontinental on Kowloon side in the bar,or stand outside on the harbour side, you get a great view of the island and it's nightly fireworks for free :-)
Great idea! Send any other ideas along! I'm really hoping for the early check in. I'm on the CX JFK-HKG flight arriving at 5:30am (ugh) so the thought of not being able to check in until the afternoon is not good. At least I'm flying in F class!
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Is anyon aware of an inexpensive laundry service near to the hotel?

Does the Diamond suite upgrade (I think it's simply called Regency suite) over a laundry allowance?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by danger
Is anyon aware of an inexpensive laundry service near to the hotel?

Does the Diamond suite upgrade (I think it's simply called Regency suite) over a laundry allowance?
Was there a few days ago.

The best one I have found is Sun Wah Kiu Dry Cleaners Co, Shop 8, Ground Floor, 43-49 Hankow Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. It is about 10 metres down a little laneway but has a blue and white sign at the street entrance on Hankow Road.

It is about a 3 minute walk from Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station and up to 7 pounds of laundry washed, dried and folded (not pressed) costs just HK$30.

I dropped mine off about 10am and it was ready by 4:30pm same day. They open from 8am to 7pm I believe. Great value! Short walk from the hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.