Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: united 1K
Originally Posted by hsun734
Hi everyone!

I wanted to ask a question about the Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui Hong Kong. Anyone that has stayed at this property, any help will be appreciated

I have booked a few nights in the Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui early next January but I have three adults (including myself) going. However, I have only booked for two adults on the Hyatt site. I did this on purpose as we are on a very tight budget - we are only university students *sigh*.

I was wondering how the lobby layout is at the Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui. Obviously, we would only check-in at the desk as two adults but sneakily let our third adult in later on. Is the lobby small and closed-space so the chances of us being seen walking as three to and from the elevators significantly noticable? (I hope you know what I mean). We don't want to be caught later on. I know this is 'unethical' but Macau / Hong Kong hotels are so expensive for the third adult - I'm willing to take the risk!

Also, I am a Hyatt Platinum member and I was wondering what benefits you got at that property? (I am booking the lowest room category).

Any other comments about the hotel will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help.
Outside the honesty issue I would say there is a zero percent chance you will have a problem. I stay in the hotel all the time, its my go to hotel in HK, and I couldnt imagine anyone knows who comes and goes at anytime. You need a key for the lift, so I am not sure how you will manage 3 people with two keys, but otherwise, i dont see any problems. None.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:51 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would have said the same too except that on my only stay there, one evening I went into the restaurant and the person who seated me (who I had never seen before in my life) called me by name! So maybe you won't be quite as anonymous as you think.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Does the front desk face the elevator side entrance - the side on the street with the subway stop? If I'm not mistaken, there isn't line of sight - except, of course, the security cameras - which are beside the point here. Of course, the cameras see all, nowadays, but it's doubtful that the monitors who are watching are counting guests.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:24 am

Can't speak about this particular hotel but my experience at many upscale Asian hotels is that the employees are expected to know who is staying there and who is not, the main concern being temporary paid companions walking the hallways.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
As far as benefits I doubt you will receive anything other then the free internet.
I am also assuming that you are using your two free night with cc (which is how you got plat status maybe).

Most hotels know when more then two guests are in a room but they do not do anything about it as long as you do not create a mess or disturb other guests.
(international hotels are a bit weird in the sense that they want to keep a copy of photo id of all hotel guests but you can slip one by.

Just make sure to tip people especially housekeeping for the little extra mess.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:50 pm

Just act you belong there. Highly doubt anyone will question the "3rd" adult scene.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:16 pm
Used to be hamajicky

Are there American-style 100/110v plugs in this hotel? Usually I see them abroad in the bathroom for shavers. If not, does the hotel provide converters/adapters?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by hamajicky
Are there American-style 100/110v plugs in this hotel? Usually I see them abroad in the bathroom for shavers. If not, does the hotel provide converters/adapters?
The hotel provides adapters. Both times I've checked in there, there was an adapter already plugged into the socket next to the desk.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:06 am
Used to be hamajicky

Excellent! Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by bluto
The hotel provides adapters. Both times I've checked in there, there was an adapter already plugged into the socket next to the desk.
Agreed! I was there a couple days ago and there was an adapter next to the desk as well.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
Does the front desk face the elevator side entrance - the side on the street with the subway stop? If I'm not mistaken, there isn't line of sight - except, of course, the security cameras - which are beside the point here. Of course, the cameras see all, nowadays, but it's doubtful that the monitors who are watching are counting guests.
The front desk is right in front of the elevator bank to get to the rooms. I highly doubt you will have any issues. The only issue is probably the bed situation as it is only 1 King or 2 singles.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: SPG Plat 50+, Hyatt Diamond, United Gold
We have a stay coming up in HKG from Jan 30 to Feb 2. Travelling with family (wife + 2 young kids -- ages 3 & 5) so would like this to be a very smooth and easy trip. Currently have booked Grand Hyatt and used one of my suite upgrades to get the Grand Executive Harbor Suite. Wondering if that will be a better experience for us or if we should instead book the Regency TST. I believe the upgrade offered here is the Regency Suite.

Those of you who stay at both often -- which would you pick in this situation? The factors for us are -- kid friendly, spacious and really nice room that can accomodate all four of us, killer view of the harbor, good location, nice breakfast. Should I stick with the Grand Executive Harbor Suite @ the Grand Hyatt?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by hgadhia
We have a stay coming up in HKG from Jan 30 to Feb 2. Travelling with family (wife + 2 young kids -- ages 3 & 5) so would like this to be a very smooth and easy trip. Currently have booked Grand Hyatt and used one of my suite upgrades to get the Grand Executive Harbor Suite. Wondering if that will be a better experience for us or if we should instead book the Regency TST. I believe the upgrade offered here is the Regency Suite.

Those of you who stay at both often -- which would you pick in this situation? The factors for us are -- kid friendly, spacious and really nice room that can accomodate all four of us, killer view of the harbor, good location, nice breakfast. Should I stick with the Grand Executive Harbor Suite @ the Grand Hyatt?
I stayed there a couple months ago with my wife and 2 kids about the same age at the Hyatt TST. We booked a Regency Suite plus a club-level regular non-suite room and asked them to make the rooms connecting. That worked out very well for us. The views from the lounge are great. Service at the club is fantastic and breakfast is quite good, though I hear the selection at the Grand Hyatt is better. Hyatt TST location is convenient because the MTR is right outside the hotel. The K11 mall is attached to the hotel so you can take a quick elevator ride down if you need to get the kids fed in a hurry. I would probably choose this Hyatt again if I was traveling with kids. The GH location does not seem to be as convenient.

With that said, I think it will be a little uncomfortable if you are only booking the Regency Suite at the TST and not adding a connecting room. The Regency suite is not huge and the separate living room cannot fit two rollaway beds so I am not sure how you'd plan to have the kids sleep. Also, i don't think the couch in the living room is a pull-out bed. Perhaps you could get away with this if one of your kids is still using a crib but again I don't think it'd be comfortable. I highly recommend adding a connecting room, or else going to the suite at the GH, which is supposed to be larger (though I think it will still be nowhere near as comfortable as having 1 suite + 1 regular room at the TST). PM if you have follow up questions. I'd be happy to provide more details and I might have some photos I can dig up.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
A word of caution to those planning a stay there.
The rooms and location are nice.

Service sucked when I was there.
I am a plat so I thought I was suppose to get a bed type guarantee.

But upon checking in, the put me in a room with two beds.
I complained and said I booked a king. (I booked in April and my trip was at the end of December)
They said I booked a two twin room.
I had to bring out my phone and e-mails confirming a king room.
Then a manager is called.
He repeated that I booked twins and that all the kings rooms are taken.
I repeated that I clearly booked a king and show him my reservation.

Finally, he said and I quote "I will allow you to have a king room" as a favor.
Thanks a lot allowing me have the room that I booked.
This hotel caters to mainlands and seems to favor them.

I ended up having to stay an extra day in HK and instead of fighting with Hyatt I just moved to the intercontinental HK and could not have been happier. The views there are amazing.

FYI: for the location and the price you can book the Sheraton in the new towers which across from the Peninsula hotel which is a great location as well.

Or for those on a budget the Holiday inn is cheaper than the Hyatt and located closer to the main street.

Hyatt room wise is nice, the only complaint I have is that they still use the old portico stuff.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:55 am

I'm spending 4 nights in HK this July, and Hyatt Regency TST is on my radar. I have no status with Hyatt, but I have a lot of Chase UR points that can convert to Hyatt points. I plan on contacting Hyatt to see if they can match my Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold or PC Platinum status. The most important thing for me will be late check-out, 4 pm or later if possible. A good view as well.

However, when on the Hyatt website Awards Calculator, I can't find this hotel.

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/hy...uestid=1019409

Any idea what's going on? As far as I know, TST will remain a category 4 hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.