Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:45 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
What gold passport customer service told you is true. However, this hotel might well go beyond the requirements if you ask politely, they definitely have a strong customer service orientation (like most good HK hotels). No guarantees though!
If you ask for confirmation ahead of time either from Gold Passport or the property itself, you should always receive the answer you got because that is the T&Cs. Anything contrary would set up a precedence. However, (I'm not specifically speaking about this property) in practice, most properties will grant at least some status perks to a second room (in about 10 different properties, I've only been denied at the GH San Diego about 4 years ago).
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by camping
I am a diamond member and planning a family trip to HK. I am thinking of booking 2 award rooms for 3 nights at HR TST. I am wondering if they will extend diamond benefits to both rooms (club access, potential upgrades etc). Has anyone had similar experience?

(According to my email exchange with goldpassport customer service, diamond benefit is only for diamond members themselves and cannot be extended to a second room...)
Last February I booked 3 rooms and only my room was granted access to the lounge. I didn't push the issue since the other rooms weren't my family but rather friends of my gf, who were too busy to shop to enjoy the lounge anyway. All rooms were upgraded to Harbour view rooms on the 20th floor though.

FWIW, at that time the hotel was fairly empty and the lounge was very quiet. I think not more than 5 people inside at any one time.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by peteropny
If you ask for confirmation ahead of time either from Gold Passport or the property itself, you should always receive the answer you got because that is the T&Cs. Anything contrary would set up a precedence. However, (I'm not specifically speaking about this property) in practice, most properties will grant at least some status perks to a second room (in about 10 different properties, I've only been denied at the GH San Diego about 4 years ago).
I could be mistaken, but I think he meant ask at check in.

But other than that you are right they will always spell out T&C, which I am fine with.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by camping
(According to my email exchange with goldpassport customer service, diamond benefit is only for diamond members themselves and cannot be extended to a second room...)
Prior to check-in.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Thanks all for the reply!
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:54 pm

worth staying with no status?

I have no status with Hyatt, all my stays are usually with Marriott or Hilton. But I still have 40k points from when I stayed at a Hyatt for work (about 5 years ago)

I am visiting Hong Kong at the end of November.
Is it worth staying at this Hyatt with no status?

So that would mean no upgrades, no lounge access, etc.

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Good question. I think all the posts above are by those with status. The hotel is among tall buildings, and it does have a side facing the Kowloon downtown. So a room on a low floor or the back side would probably be a very different experience as far as the views. This is not trivial. But on the other hand, it's right in the middle of everything -- at least in Kowloon. There's a subway stop (easy system) right across the street. It's an easy walk to the Star Ferry, the harbour promenade, and the wonderful history and science museums. And it's not even far to walk to the night market. All very safely.

Not least, the restaurant on the ground floor has a nice buffet.

How about that for helping you decide?

Last edited by Firewind; Nov 6, 2011 at 1:59 am
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:19 am

You can get a club room award for more points, and it's almost always worth it. (for those that aren't Diamond.)

Not sure about HR TST, since I've never stayed there, but others that have can tell you or the answer is already in this thread. It would definitely be worth it at the GH HK, but that's a higher category property (cat 6) and takes more points per night.

-David
Old Nov 6, 2011, 3:13 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Location wise: YES, like mentioned above this is a top notch location.

I am not sure what room type you want to redeem, but if possible try to redeem a club room. Also mentioned above, the lounge really sets it apart with views of central. Lounge provides breakfast and light pre-dinner snacks (which can be a light dinner). It also always has drinks so you don't need to look for a 7-11 if you are thirsty for a beer or coke.

Just take note, Hong Kong usually have tiny hotel rooms (this is big compared to alot of the tiny one's I've been in). So if that is important to you, then you might want to re-consider.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I am not sure what room type you want to redeem, but if possible try to redeem a club room. Also mentioned above, the lounge really sets it apart with views of central. Lounge provides breakfast and light pre-dinner snacks (which can be a light dinner). It also always has drinks so you don't need to look for a 7-11 if you are thirsty for a beer or coke.
So...if I book the club room, then I get lounge access?

So its basically as if I had diamond access?

hmmm maybe I'll go with this for a night.
I always hear how great Asia hotels are.
The only hotel in Asia I ever stayed at was the JW in Beijing and it beats every hotel I've ever stayed at in the US.

So I want to experience all the different types of hotels on this trip too.
I'm planning on staying 1 night at a hilton and 1 night at a marriott.
So perhaps 1 night at this Hyatt (its a MUCH better value in terms of points than the Grand Hyatt) with the club (lounge) access.

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:25 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a reason for the point difference between the two hotels, but given you haven't stayed at many Asian hotels, I think you will find the club level at the Hyatt TST to be a good experience.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by sard
So...if I book the club room, then I get lounge access?
Yes.

So its basically as if I had diamond access?
Just lounge access. Details should be in the room details. You won't get the other diamond benefits.

The only hotel in Asia I ever stayed at was the JW in Beijing and it beats every hotel I've ever stayed at in the US.
That's a very nice hotel, and they have a lounge there too, but I didn't have access to it as I only have silver status with them. But my corp rate included their great breakfast buffet when was amazing. Room was great, bed was great, breakfast was great, location was great.

So I want to experience all the different types of hotels on this trip too.
I'm planning on staying 1 night at a hilton and 1 night at a marriott.
So perhaps 1 night at this Hyatt (its a MUCH better value in terms of points than the Grand Hyatt) with the club (lounge) access.
I like the GH .. it's a fabulous property with a great lounge. I'm planning on staying there on my next trip to HKG even though it's a lot more points than it would be for me staying at TST.

Some here like TST more mostly because of the location. It is a nice location, but you can take the ferry from the GH to TST and be there in minutes also. I have stayed in TST, but at the Sheraton (also using points, with the additional points for the towers rooms.) It is nice being right there in TST.

Only you can decide if it's worth it or not.

You know if you get the Hyatt/Chase credit card, you can get 2 free nights at any property, including the GH HKG? If you have no status, the 2nd night is awarded after some minimal spend, I think $1,000. You will also get platinum status (low tier status) with the card, and that gets you free internet at Hyatt. Details in the Hyatt credit card thread. (Assuming you are US based.) Also you can get another 50k Hyatt points via the Chase Saphire Preferred card sign up bonus. Also requires some minimum spend to get the bonus. The min spend is higher on the Saphire Preferred card. The rewards points on that card transfer 1:1 to Hyatt.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Nov 6, 2011 at 11:49 pm
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:00 pm

LIH Prem:
>re: JW Beijing
But my corp rate included their great breakfast buffet when was amazing.
>

so you ate at the restaurant downstairs for breakfast?

How does the Hyatt TST's buffet compare to the JW's?
The wife is mainly looking forward to the breakfast buffets.

>You know if you get the Hyatt/Chase credit card, you can get 2 free nights at any property

Thanks for the info.
But Im holding off on new credit cards for now.
Looking into getting a mortgage soon, and any credit application (including credit cards) will lower my score, so gotta keep it high for the best rates!

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by sard
so you ate at the restaurant downstairs for breakfast?

How does the Hyatt TST's buffet compare to the JW's?
Yes, I ate at the downstairs resto at the JW Marriott for the breakfast which was included in my corp rate.

I haven't stayed at HR TST, remember? Somebody else will have to answer.

I have stayed at the GH HKG, and they have a great club lounge which has a very nice lounge breakfast, but no lounge breakfast can compare to the outrageous restaurant breakfast buffet at the JW Beijing. But you already said you don't want to stay at the GH, so this is moot.

-David
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Yes, I ate at the downstairs resto at the JW Marriott for the breakfast which was included in my corp rate.

I haven't stayed at HR TST, remember? Somebody else will have to answer.

I have stayed at the GH HKG, and they have a great club lounge which has a very nice lounge breakfast, but no lounge breakfast can compare to the outrageous restaurant breakfast buffet at the JW Beijing. But you already said you don't want to stay at the GH, so this is moot.

-David
Change of plans...

We are going to stay at the Grand Hyatt now instead of the Hyatt TST.
lol

The wife mentioned that we should go to Dim Sum one time...well why go out to Dim Sum if we get free breakfast buffet?
So we are NOT going to "pay" for club access.
So the next morning since there's no breakfast at the hotel, we'll go to Dim Sum.

And since we are also staying at the JW, the Grand Hyatt is closer to the JW than the TST location.

=)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.