Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
Club breakfast is rather limited from what I saw this morning.
The usual fare, I'd say,
You can also order an egg dish or Japanese Udon needles.

Globalists are granted breakfast at the Café, though.
I have never seen Udon noodles in the lounge from the kitchen. Stir fried Cantonese noodles in the buffet table, yes. If they added this to their "secret menu" (often newbies do not know eggs/hash brown/grill tomato & mushrooms are available from the kitchen), then that would be an improvement in my book.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:42 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by SHLTP
They now give globalists choice of full restaurant buffet breakfast now? That's a new thing. Not having it is one of the reasons I don't stay here too often and I stead choose Sheraton
Just completed a stay. Checked in at the club lounge and were advised that Globalists can now take breakfast at the main restaurant. Decent buffet with a good selection, although apparently ends at 10am, which seems a tad early. When we arrived at the restaurant, they checked off our room number. There's a separate sheet for Globalists. The top of that sheet states the number of Globalist guests in bold font. It was 79 on our first night and 52 on the second. That's an insane number of elites. I'm shocked that they manage to deliver upgrades to my preferred high-floor xx08 room 90% of the time, and indeed I've always at least had a high floor harbor view here. They only have half a dozen of the former, and even if some suckers take the terrible Regency suites, the harbor view side of floors 18-24 must be pretty much exclusively occupied by Globalists.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jpdx
Just completed a stay. Checked in at the club lounge and were advised that Globalists can now take breakfast at the main restaurant. Decent buffet with a good selection, although apparently ends at 10am, which seems a tad early. When we arrived at the restaurant, they checked off our room number. There's a separate sheet for Globalists. The top of that sheet states the number of Globalist guests in bold font. It was 79 on our first night and 52 on the second. That's an insane number of elites. I'm shocked that they manage to deliver upgrades to my preferred high-floor xx08 room 90% of the time, and indeed I've always at least had a high floor harbor view here. They only have half a dozen of the former, and even if some suckers take the terrible Regency suites, the harbor view side of floors 18-24 must be pretty much exclusively occupied by Globalists.
I just got home and haven't had time to post in this thread.

I was also checked in at the lounge by Isabel as a Globalist.

Why are the suites bad? I actually accepted the upgrade to a suite. My room number was xx25. Pretty crappy view, but I watched the sunset from the lounge and enjoying the evening food spread.

Yes, breakfast did ended at 10 AM and it is a bit early, but they don't kick you out. I was still eating until 10:30 AM. The breakfast spread is about the same as I had remembered pre-COVID.

I didn't pay attention to the number of elites at the hotel. Although I heard a lot of Mandarin Chinese spoken at the hotel, which leads me to think there are a lot of Chinese nationals at the hotel.
goodgirl likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:15 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I was here recently too, TSU'd into a suite and was given one on the 18th floor. I recall on previous stays I was given a welcome amenity but no such amenity on this occasion, even though I noticed lounge staff putting such amenities in other rooms. Suite is a little small and starting to get a bit outdated, but it's comfortable.

If the hotel was full of elites, I didn't really notice. Breakfast was busy but well managed, and lounge was not very full during evening service. Though there was an incident at the lounge where staff cleared my table of un-eaten food when I went to get a drink. Came back to them looking at my hotel card which I left on the table, seemingly trying to figure out who had left without it. Overall better then the experience at Grand Hyatt Taipei.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by gravii
I was here recently too, TSU'd into a suite and was given one on the 18th floor. I recall on previous stays I was given a welcome amenity but no such amenity on this occasion, even though I noticed lounge staff putting such amenities in other rooms. Suite is a little small and starting to get a bit outdated, but it's comfortable.

If the hotel was full of elites, I didn't really notice. Breakfast was busy but well managed, and lounge was not very full during evening service. Though there was an incident at the lounge where staff cleared my table of un-eaten food when I went to get a drink. Came back to them looking at my hotel card which I left on the table, seemingly trying to figure out who had left without it. Overall better then the experience at Grand Hyatt Taipei.
I also find the staff a bit too quick to react. It's almost like they have nothing else to do. I took my time eating as I intended to spend the entire two hours (17:30-19:30) at the lounge.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:31 am

Anyone get upgraded to executive suite here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.