Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K
How strict are they with number of occupants if the additional person is a child (10 yo)? If I enter three people, the website tries to give me a club twin. I just need a standard room with 2 beds.
Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Are there any suites with twin beds at this property? I am traveling with my niece and nephew and we need 3 beds. I was hoping for a twin suite and then we could get a rollaway
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by smitty06
Are there any suites with twin beds at this property? I am traveling with my niece and nephew and we need 3 beds. I was hoping for a twin suite and then we could get a rollaway
All Suites (using diamond cert/points) are King Beds I was told.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:17 pm

Recent stay

Stayed in a suite via Diamond upgrade this week. It was a nice suite, just enough space for an extra rollaway bed. Bedroom had a panoramic window facing the bed, but didn't get a harbor view, just a view of bunch of buildings.

Hotel was in a great location, walking distance to many points of interest and staff was quite helpful. I would definitely stay here again.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Great new perk is they offer guests a complimentary smartphone for their stay. Complimentary local and international calls as well as complimentary data. I used to add international data to my phone plan before trips to HK so saves me ~$50-75/trip without any data overage worries.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AOPA
Just came back from Hyatt regency TST on a 3 nights stay with points.

Booked 2 rooms with points, one under a diamond and other room wasnot. We were able to get connecting rooms on the 14th floor facing the harbor.(because the building layout, the 14th floor is more like 17/18th floor from street level) The diamond room is larger and it's on the corner with a panorama view. There are a couple building in front, but the rooms did have good view of of the hk island, you can see the convention center, IFC, and the element complex.

Received access to the lounge for the diamond room. Breakfast is good, couple hot dishes on the buffet line and couple on the menu. happy hr drinks are good, food not much.

There are a lot of breakfast/lunch/dinner options around, there is a hole in the wall noodle place that opens early and it is attached to the complex (k11 mall, Hyatt), hk$25 for bowl of beef Ramen.

A smart phone is provided in each room for free. the best use of the phone is the google map, because HK cab drivers are not the best. The internet on the go, camera function also worked well. Free international phone calls are available, but we weren't able to figure out how to turn that service on.

I like to stay on the Kowloon side, although it is two blocks farther from the harbor, I prefer the Hyatt TsT over the sheraton.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card

I have 2 rooms reserved (one with a suite upgrade). The suite upgrade is on the elite rate and the other room is a corporate rate. There will be 4 of us. Is there a special way to book this to ensure all 4 people have access to the club? Do they have rooms where 2 rooms connect to a suite?

Last edited by OceanBreezes; Apr 24, 2014 at 5:03 am
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by teddy25
A smart phone is provided in each room for free. the best use of the phone is the google map, because HK cab drivers are not the best. The internet on the go, camera function also worked well. Free international phone calls are available, but we weren't able to figure out how to turn that service on.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/27/f...hone-at-hyatt/

Nice article...
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by OceanBreezes
I have 2 rooms reserved (one with a suite upgrade). The suite upgrade is on the elite rate and the other room is a corporate rate. There will be 4 of us. Is there a special way to book this to ensure all 4 people have access to the club? Do they have rooms where 2 rooms connect to a suite?
The regency suite has a side door that looks like it may connect to another room. I'm not sure if the other suites connect or not. As far as having access to the club... they do not ask you for any information when you walk into the club. You use your key on the elevator to gain access to the club floor (the regency suite was not on the club floor). Once there you will walk around the corner and into the club. I'm guessing they just assume you are staying in a club room if you were able to make it that far.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I thought that the concierge took our room number and name. But that was a couple of years ago.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card

Astrophsx & Firewind - Many thanks!!!!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
@OceanBreezes: ^

And - just to use this opportunity - I can't remember if I mentioned it here or in the HR Sha Tin thread - but the Regency Club concierges here and at the HR Sha Tin (and a HR Sha Tin housekeeper!) performed what I consider to be a minor miracle. Especially because so much was done about such a trivial but vital item.

I moved from Sha Tin to Tsim Sha Tsui on the Hyatt shuttle. Got to my room and discovered I'd left my phone charger in my room in Sha Tin. (I know - there must be a million to be had in Hong Kong...) Asked the HR TST RC concierge if anything could be done.

It was there that evening.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Old May 29, 2014, 8:07 pm

had a 1 night stay here last week. booked on points, was upgraded to a regency suite. definitely lucked out because that's rare.

the free cell phone is great. if you need to make an international call, read the directions first on how to dial out. couple things you have to press before typing in the number.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:19 am

As a diamond booking a standard room, will i be upgraded to club floor or a harbour view room on non club floor or a view room on club floor!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
How's the pool? The pictures make it look a bit sad, but perhaps it's more charming in person?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.